Keeper's Imbalance Advice [bug still alive]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Urnihixul, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Urnihixul New Member

In the AH mission Burn Out, you get an achievement if you kill the final two enemies (Keepers) after having them at least 40% apart in health at some time. This has not worked as intended in years, possibly ever.

From what I have read, you can get the achievement by doing just the opposite. If you keep them balanced, some people are getting both the (separate) Keeper's Balance AND the Keeper's Imbalance achievement. Of course, now that players are much stronger than these enemies, keeping them balanced is far more difficult, at least for this rogue.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work the intended way? Any advice on how to proceed, barring a very unlikely bug fix? (It has been listed on the issue tracker since 2017, never been reviewed by DGC.)
  2. Prathun Developer

The way the logic works is:
    Every 25 seconds, we check the HP gap between the two NPCs (Jahar and Arieal)
    As long as both NPCs have at least 5% health...
    If the gap between their health percentages is at least 20%, the Keeper's Imbalance achievement will be rewarded at the end of the raid (Note that the achievement description says 40% and this is incorrect.)
    If the gap between their health percentages is more than 5%, the Keeper's Balance achievement cannot be received. There is a chat message emitted if this happens - "As one High Keeper grows weaker, the flames of the other grow much stronger. This imbalance is embraced by Solusek Ro, and is surely dangerous."
    Eaiana, Nniki and Yinla like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

… pretty sure a mic drop was needed at the end of that ...

I know I have gotten the achievement (I think we waited like a minute cause we had failed a few times). Thank you for confirming the behavior.
  4. Urnihixul New Member

Just to be sure, you mean this to be the mechanic for the group mission (not raid) as well, correct?
  5. Lianeb Augur

If you burn one of them down in-between the checks you can get both at the same time
    Urnihixul likes this.
  6. Xanadas Augur

(deleted - misread a previous comment)
  7. Prathun Developer

Haha. Wasn't trying to be spicy. Just detailing how the achievement mechanic works. :)
    I found a little bug while checking it out so it was worth the look.

Yes, I didn't look at the raid. This was the group mission.
    Yinla and Urnihixul like this.
  8. Urnihixul New Member

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. Killing one slowly with my shaman while leaving the other up worked fine.
    Prathun likes this.
  9. AcemoneyFV Augur

Just a quick tip for anyone else searching this, don't burn to fast. I only got 2 achs and missed the Imbalance one. He was probably active for 5 seconds and dead.