I want Vox and Naggy

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chugwater, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Chugwater New Member

I'm a little bitter, because I started on Mangler in March with a guild, and I was looking forward eagerly to seeing some classic content, but it seems the rest of the guild had real-life friends who play, and everybody made boxes and alts and boxes for the alts and had set groups, and everybody chugged potions and played for 60 hours per week, and the first thing I knew, they were raiding and I wasn't.

Now the guild is almost defunct, raiding is not going to happen, and I'm moloing on a classic server, trying to see some of the Classic-era content that I've never seen before, content that I wanted to see so badly on Mangler and couldn't.

Any chance that a Defiant-geared moloing non-boxer at Level 52 can take down Vox or Naggy? (Level 52 is the max level for fighting them, right?) I'm game to lace up my bootstraps and have a go at them even if I know I'll lose, just to see how close I get, but first I thought I'd see if any of you forum-reading experienced veterans might have any insight into what class would have the best chance.

Right now my gut is telling me to try it with a ShadowKnight, to autogrant AA's, put all the bonus AA's into Harm Touch, and then let 'em have it with both barrels. Any of you helpful forum people have any better ideas?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK couple options -

There is some good info on Vox under her bestiary listing in Alla - try it solo - I would!

You can get a version of Vox and Naggy with Old Man Mckenzie - not sure how that works but can look it up

Finally there is Hardcore Heritage which happens once a year so you'll have to wait till next year where there is a raid version for level 100 of those guys.

Also you could advertise in general chat or newplayer chat that you are going to raid them at what ever time is good for you and if others want to join they can. I know one of my lower boxes would be interested if they had enough notice to plan ahead.

I used to do this to help people out getting the orbs from Anguish and it worked well. I stopped because people were just so ungrateful and half of them were afk the entire time and left me to box the entire zone. :confused: So be prepared if others do join you there may be a lack of dps contribution.
    Chugwater likes this.
  3. Chugwater New Member

Thanks CatsPaws. The info I found on Allakhazam was useful.

I happened to have a 52 Beastlord on a live server, so I went into Permafrost to kill her. It was my first time ever meeting her, and I was PWNED, lol! I'm not done though. I have a 44 ShadowKnight on another live server and soon I'll try it with him.

From what I've read, it looks like Clerics have the best chance.
  4. Ebine Augur

In open world it is 52 but if you fight them in a instance they can be done with a higher lvl char. I think
    on Coirnav we were 1 grouping Nag/Vox during end of Velious. We were in full ToV or dragon items by then.
  5. Spamburglar New Member

If you wanted to give Mangler a try again some guilds still do naggy and vox for gear and epic drops. Deck Of Many Things still does a lot of the older content with some new mixed in. Look for our thread in guild recruitment or do a /who all "deck". if you may be interested in returning to Mangler.
    Chugwater likes this.
  6. Phiyre Augur

Several monks are on live locked at lvl 52 to farm Naggy/Vox. The times I have seen her soloed, it was w/ a monk.. Would think sk would be doable too.. I have personally never tried it though.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I recall some early TLP streams where

epic mage
    epic mage
    epic mage
    cleric
    shaman
    epic rogue\monk

would take down Naggy regularly. Obviously you had to have some go getters(or rich via krono) get those epics right at 50....then at 52 try your luck.

In the case of the stream I reference I knew the players and they were from Vazaelle(and another server before Vaz opened) and a couple of them were BOTB level players from that early era.

Also, and no thread would be complete without referencing Qxx's 52 monk who solo'd Naggy with probably every 52 and lower AA maxed and every conceivable trick in the book up his sleeve.
  8. Chugwater New Member

9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Unfortunately. not all servers have AOC's [which should probably be standard on all servers by now] . So he would have to do it on a TLP or Test Server if hes looking to do it in an AOC.
  10. Duder Augur

Id be happy to kill vox and naggy with you on Bristlebane if you have a character there, as well as other dargonz, message me on these boards or use the reply button in the bottom right of this post next to the like button and reply so that I can get a notification or send me a tell ingame, my chars are in my signature. I have a lvl 52 char I play with for these things ;)