The Everquest Show - WHAT HAPPENED?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jul 20, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

2. Febb Augur

He was probably paid by Daybreak to produce videos to get PR for the 20th anniversary. I noticed many similarities in his videos and how Daybreak produces their videos.
  3. Nniki Augur

He's made some recent posts on the Facebook page.

Here were the latest status updates:

April 14
    June 7
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello all!

First of all, I'm thrilled that you like the show enough to ask where it's been. And I'm truly sorry I haven't been able to get an episode up in the last few months.

The EverQuest Show is not dead! In fact, yes, I've been beefing up the website posts, in anticipation of the 4th episode.

Let me clear up a few things. I do the show because I absolutely love this game. It holds a special place in my heart and I truly wanted to tell these stories. I love the community (Despite ForumQuest sometimes) and the lore, developers. Everything.

I get absolutely NO money from DBG, nor have I ever received any money from this venture at all. Nor do I use ad revenue from the channel. Legally, because of my full time job, I cannot do so, as it would violate my real life contractual obligations. I also SPENT thousands (yes thousands) on the proper video equipment, lights, editting software etc. A good quality camera for this type of video will run you between $2k and 5k. That's just the camera. Doesn't include audio, mics, lights, stands, etc.

But please also realize, I wanted to do EverQuest the service of a HIGH QUALITY show. I didn't want to be a guy recording a twitch stream, or simply using an iPhone to make a video. Those are GREAT and I applaud anyone that gives attention to EQ, but I wanted it to look really polished. Something EQ fans, developers and players would be proud of.

But realize that it is a HUGE undertaking (that I do all by myself) to write, set up video equipment, lighting, graphics, shoot the video (many many takes) and then HOURS of editting.

I'd say each of the first 3 videos took about 20-40 hours to produce completely, EACH. That's a full time job, that I LOVE doing. But alas, Real Life is always first.

I have a real job that pays my bills, and one that is demanding. I simply haven't had the ability to do the EQ Show any justice. And I felt terrible that I couldn't make it to the 20th Comic Con museum event.

I have been in touch with Daybreak - before, during and since - and they absolutely love the show. I have (just in the last week) talked to them about getting out to San Diego for developer interviews and really taking the show to the next level. Even working on some expansion reveals etc.

And I also want to ask them the tough questions. As passionate fans do.

So please, no I'm not blowing smoke. I *do* have plans to release the next episode soon (tm). I already shot the next IRL (In Real Life) interview with an amazing fan that has a great EQ collection and some awesome EQ tats. I can't wait to introduce him. That was back in March.

I just "haz a sad" that I haven't been able to get to it. That should change in the coming weeks. Your support is just the motivation I need to get on task!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for asking about the show, and I'll do my best to make you proud!

Fading/Kitt
    Nennius, Burdi, AcemoneyFV and 20 others like this.
  5. Stepps New Member

Thank You for your effort. It is really appreciated!
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

You so dope!
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I appreciate the show man! I hope you keep it up!
  8. Coas Lorekeeper

Fading,

As someone that works in the film industry, I understand the many, many aspects of making something like your show. It usually takes an army to create stuff like this, so I have a lot of respect for you being a one man band for your show. Awesome work!
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for the response, Fading.

As a photographer (with a full-time side career) I can appreciate the time and expense of self-funding a venture like this. I checked and re-checked your channel several times a month for new content, figuring my subscription to your channel or my notifications were broken somehow. Haha.

If I seem pushy or gruff, it's ONLY because I enjoy the crap out of your content. :)
  10. Fading Illusion Augur

Duder, Raccoo, Funk and 2 others like this.
  11. Khaliss Augur

can't wait for the next episode =)
  12. Funk Augur

Was very enjoyable to watch, nice energy and vibe on the shows. Thank you for putting it all together and look forward to future episodes.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

If he has Dandin across his shoulder blades, scrap it now and start over...
    Duder likes this.
  14. Deathstroke Journeyman

No, please please make this an extended episode :D
  15. Fading Illusion Augur

Here's a quick little teaser for Episode 4 which was filmed in the studio last night. Editing has begun and I hope to drop the full episode in the next few days.

16. Fading Illusion Augur

I've posted some really fleshed out feature stories recently, and Episode 4 has a release date of Monday set.

I hope you'll check out the site and let me know what you think.
    https://everquestshow.com/
  17. Drogba Augur

you should interview beimeith
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

I soooooooooooooo second this!
  19. Fading Illusion Augur

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Beimeith?
    Nniki, Sancus and kizant like this.
  20. AcemoneyFV Augur