Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, Jul 18, 2019.

1. TenkenTurtle Elder

This Rain of Fear era raid loot, which is a very rare drop. It comes from a single raid event that requires you beat 2 other events before you can attempt it. Also if you manage to get all 3 achievements in that final event it unlocks it on the Tier 2 raid merchant. Which can be purchased for 840 Crystallized Fear tier 2 RoF raid currency. Every tier 2 raid in Rain of Fear give 10 Crystallized Fear. Now to the Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye. This is a cool item as it will allow you to twincast any 1 spell within 30 seconds. Clickable by any class. This is fairly cool. But my want / need as I am working towards getting the currency to buy this as I've gotten the achievements. If we could make it twincast say up to 10 spells or unlimited or something more than just a single, instead of just 1. Just keep it at the 30 second buff mark to keep the balance. I have know doubt this would renew interest in this item. Whatya think?
    Lubianx likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Ummm.....

The item allows you to twincast the next spell you cast. It is usable once every five minutes. Where are you getting 30 seconds from?

And as a class that benefits from the ability to twincast, and to answer your proposal of allowing 10 spells to be twincasted.... absolutely 1000% no. The item is fine as it is. You want it, you do the work for it.
    Vumad, Andarriel, Annastasya and 2 others like this.
  3. TenkenTurtle Elder

It is a 30 second buff that has a 1 spell counter. Yes of course it is the next spell. If you don't cast a spell by the time the buff ends you don't get to use it. When a few of my guildees thought it was a 30 second twincast buff without the limit on a single spell. They were all for doing the old content to get currency and achievements. once they realized it was limited to a single spell they lost interest. I am still doing the work for it myself. But was seeing if it would be worth it to re-entice others.
  4. Sancus Augur

30 seconds of twincast every 5 minutes would be insanely powerful, and definitely not an effect that should be relegated to a super rare, raid-only item from six expansions ago (one that I have on two characters, as an aside). Any caster without it would be massively disadvantaged.

It's fine as-is. It's useful without being a de facto requirement for casters.
    Bobbybick, Wdor, Vumad and 9 others like this.
  5. Allayna Augur

It is absolutely worth doing for the current reward. The only ability in game that allows a twincast of class defining abilities. If they lost interest, it's because they don't know it's value.

It is old content. Like really old. It requires achievements and coin, and a lot of it.

MS takes time on our off nights to work on Bifold, Venenium, Shield of Immaculate Light, and OMM depending on the guild needs. Right now it's a Venenium/Shield concentration, but we have many that would still do RoF clears for coin. Typically we run these sometime between Wed-Fri at 7pm on Xegony and there's generally room.
    Ninelder, Mintalie, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

You can do the raids with a lot less peeps now a days.
  7. Mintalie Augur

Finally, finally, finally got mine several weeks back (thanks Lobot & RoV). It's not life-changing, but it sure is a super fun toy to have.
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

About how many people/what main classes do you need? :D I have a Paladin + Mage + Druid, all 110 in a mix of RoS raid and TBL grp. Is the CC raid achs. required to purchase the rares? Don't think I could box that without failing the achs IIRC.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Only Xorbb 3 Achieves are needed to buy the twincast clicky. There a couple of other Clickies that are still worth getting, the HP buff and I think the Melee proc one are still used. Those are unlocked from different raids, the HP buff is from CH and I forget which one the melee proc comes from.

The Breeding Grounds raid is probably the easiest one to farm, that can easily be 1 grouped. We usually clear the 3 Xorbb ones and Grelleths as well, those take a few more people but still pretty easy.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the achievements still require 3 ish groups of folks if I remember. the kill can probably be done with 1 full group...maybe 2....
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

For the Xorbb Achieves we've found that if you bring enough DPS you can just full burn him from the start and get all 3 Achieves. He'll be dead before any of the emotes that can cause a failure happen and full burning him means all the adds are still up when he dies.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  12. AcemoneyFV Augur

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.
  13. Brohg Augur

what has "enough" meant in your experience?
  14. Kolani Augur

2-3 million on initial burn usually does the trick. Just get him dead before the first mechanics phase, if you get there you wipe. Also, I'm pretty sure I have the raid achieves on either Kolani or Inalok.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  15. Coagagin Guild house cat

2-3 million sounds right for Xorbb and it avoids all the gnashing around with those silly mechanics.
  16. AcemoneyFV Augur

So let's farm some Breeding Grounds. ;)
  17. Kolani Augur

Here's a 48 second parse: /GU King Xorbb in 48s, 338.1m @7044105sdps | Sinical (BER) + pets 65690k@1,368.5k sdps (1,459.8k dps in 45s) [19.43%] | Shansutsi (MNK) 51360k@1,070.0k sdps (1,092.8k dps in 47s) [15.19%] | Beastmal (BST) + pets 42267k@880.6k sdps (880.6k dps in 48s) [12.5%] | Zalkik (BST) + pets 37835k@788.2k sdps (788.2k dps in 48s) [11.19%] | Rafamonk (MNK) + pets 37086k@772.6k sdps (1,059.6k dps in 35s) [10.97%] | Frantik (BER) + pets 31908k@664.7k sdps (725.2k dps in 44s) [9.44%] | Petwarder (BST) + pets 28616k@596.2k sdps (622.1k dps in 46s) [8.46%] Inalok (SK) + pets 25056k@522.0k sdps (522.0k dps in 48s) [7.41%] {B} | #9 Nanakk (WAR) 12513k@260.7k sdps (329.3k dps in 38s) [3.7%]
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Nice bonus item. But I agree with Sancus. It's powerful enough. If you made it more powerful it would be a requirement not a bonus.

It's still for sure worth doing, we become our best by adding up all the little details.
    Wdor, Cicelee and Allayna like this.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about adding one on the same timer from a raid in the next expansion?

For a fun idea, give it a 50% chance to reproc itself recursively. For a chance at a string of twincasts if you are really lucky.
  20. chronicler Augur

Curious, which guild is this from ?