Next expansion bst ideas

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zunar, Jun 24, 2019.

1. RkMk New Member

Upgrade to:
    Focused Clamor of Claws
    Ferocity

AND

Please please please, a new pet. Back when EQ introduced the BL, it had the best pet in the game which actually made sense based on what the class is, but after a few years for whatever reason the Mage Earth pet became the best pet, still to this day I don't understand that or what logic was behind making that pet the best in the game. Now I find in TBL expansion my pet struggles against yellow con mobs and can't really survive without much runes, etc to even keep it alive against a red con mob. We are in dire need for a new higher level pet.

Wish the pets Hobble of spirits was un-resistible again. And don't know why when it was, EQ had to give the Wizards the same thing and when taking away from the Wizards our pets lost it. I agree it was too powerful in the Wizards hands but our pet? heh.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I mean I could be wrong, but my recollection differs from yours. Magicians have always had the best pets in the game, I believe. Maybe Sancus can come into this thread with data and facts...
    Skewert and Brohg like this.
  3. Mazame Augur

"Beastlords
    Beastlords are masters of raw nature with the unique ability to channel this energy into themselves and their pets. They are always found fighting alongside their loyal companion animals, and can enhance their creature’s natural abilities with special spells.
    A beastlord is versatile in battle, and can fight and hand-to-hand combat using blunt weapons or their bare hands, or can hang back to de-buff enemies and help allies with health or mana regeneration using a variety of spells. Beastlords are valuable individuals to have in a group, but can also hold their own on solo adventures."
    When Bst first added their pets were OP. That was more so due to the fact that the pet was an AA. then to buff the pet you cast a single buff that level the pet (fully healed the pet) This buff was fast casting and in truth was poorly thought out.
    Because the pet was an AA we could chain cast it with out the need for mana. I recall at time in NTOV the raid was about to wipe so me and 2 other best chain cast out pets long enough for the raid to res and rebuff.
    I also know many beastlords that would chain cast the leveling buff like a chain heal and was able to do a lot that way.
    with in a few months our pet was changed to fix bst from taking advatage of the poor design.

As for Mage vs BST. mages pets were always better because the mage could pick what type of pet they wanted to use (the Earth pet would out tank the Bst pet), The fire pet would out DPS the bst pet.
    How ever the bst pet was better as an all around pet ( out pet out dps the earth pet and could out tank the fire pet. ) so Yes the mage pets were better but they had to switch between them based on their group. where the bst had one pet and it did it all.
    Over the year it was not balanced and they came out with the 2 buff for the bst pet to focus more on DPS or more on Tanking. at this point the mage pets and the bst pet were the same in my mind our tank pet can do just as well as the air/earth and the dps can do just as well as the Fire/ water. in some way I like it better because if I want to switch from Tank to DPS I cast one spell rather then having to rebuff a new pet.
    As for the OP post that bst need a new pet I disagree my pet able to tank yellow and reds with out trouble. Yes you have to use the right spells but I have 1 pet heal loaded / my AA rune and my AA heal and that enough to keep him up.
    You say you need a new pet but I would as what EM are you using ? have you maxed out your pet AA? do you get your pet gear?
    As for HoS I use it often and it land a lot. I not had a mob run on me in years.
  4. plobb Elder

What everyone else said, and I would like to have a permanent illusion to look like my warder. And bring caiman back as troll warder
  5. RkMk New Member

Part of my comment about the pet comparison is that I play with a mage every week and just from a level stand point they con different. His pets con white to me and mine cons dark blue.
    I currently have EM 24, in the next few weeks i'm hoping to get the smoke raid done to unlock that pet ear, Stoneshadow Balefire Ring. I use Mend Companion, Compainon's Aegis and Auspice of Esianti but really having an issue of keeping him alive.

Oh, and when the BL came out I also played with a mage and at that time his pet couldn't stand up to what mine did. So it would be interesting to hear from a developer what the progression of both actually was.
  6. Brohg Augur

really, even with Virzak's Protection on? Salve of Artikla is so powerful
  7. Duder Augur

Add ranks to the Ferociousness AA to bring its cooldown down to 12 minutes from 15

Also what plobb up there said, give me my gator back, or some sort of option, the basilsk is terrible. I thought that I read in a post I had read a little while back regarding a returning ogre beastlord who wanted to know what happened to his ginormous bear warder where a dev responded to some one who asked about troll warders and commented along the lines that they weren't sure why the troll warder was changed to basilisk, maybe a pathing thing? I forget and cannot find the post. Regardless, the basilisk pathing doesn't seem anything special, though in gator form from bestial alignment I do get hung up on tons of things, the sizing is wrong, cannot go through doorways without ducking, which actually raises your view perspective, cannot traverse the smallest of environmental things... so maybe fix gator form first, fix gators, give me my gator back! ;)
  8. Duder Augur

Also, please have Focused Paragon hit me if I have an enemy targeted like was done with many targetable clickies
    Boze, Yinla and Skewert like this.
  9. Eyezing Lorekeeper

I'm cool with whatever keeps us in line, but just want to point out the group bloodlust concept is a hard sell. They already have been making efforts to reduce the spam of procs as a factor of the lag complaints they receive. Not saying it's THE factor for raid lag, but it is a factor.

Love a lot of the ideas I see here personally. Hope you guys get some traction!
  10. Zunar Augur

Maybe some innate stuff added to pets in general too to survive AEs better.
    Spell Shielding/Dot shielding etc.
    I just skimmed through some logs on Mearatas raid and saw this, and it got me thinking:

Hit Zunar`s warder for 324959 points of unresistable damage by Poison Splash.

When comparing this to what player characters got hit for....I found:
    Lowest a wizard for 109074 and a warrior as high as 184969 from the same AE damage hit.

Most were averaging at 125K damage taken...why should our pets eat 150% more damage from the same AE vs players...it's annoying as heck having the pet get one shot from things, even if it's sometimes avoidable.
    I'm fine with pets taking damage, I just have to heal it then...but one shot...really?

It's a long process of summoning a new pet, buffing it up, and now it has no worn gear..all that lost time you should have been doing dps, only to have the pet get one shot a second time :)
    On nights like that I wonder why I chose to play a pet class at times. Seriously :)
    #Petslivesmatter
    Yinla and Skewert like this.
  11. Anhur Journeyman

I'd like to see pets reworked as a whole, making them akin to mercs - that's likely a bigger project than can be done in an expansion, and I don't hold much hope it would be done at all at this stage of EQs life;
    1. Imagine a tab in which you could slot gear that your pet would use when summoned
    2. Make them re-summonable with certain buffs already on them, or given us an all-in-1 pet buffing AA, like the SK line of 'Dark Lord's Unity'
    Given our dependence on the pet, once it dies/we die, we can be crippled - it's at moments like that I totally loathe being a pet related class.

I'm also of the belief that our Paragon lines need a major boost, either:
    1. The mana amount it restores
    2. The duration is lasts
    3. The cooldown timer reduced
    Given the size of mana pools, Paragon is barely a drop in that ocean - additionally the rate at which BST can burn through mana for optimal DPS output we're ultimately using Paragon on ourselves back to back.

Pact of the Wurine should also be a click once and have it forever on you type of buff (similar to mount blessings, Jann's veil etc) - given it is an AA, instance cast, and no wear off timer, all it does is add a redundant button click to an already busy class.
    Boze likes this.
  12. Waldagar Augur

Please, can we have our Focus spell duration similar to SE and SV? I am not sure the pain of having it last half as long serves any purpose.
    Boze likes this.
  13. Mazame Augur

Do you have your pet aa complete?
  14. Adruger New Member

On the idea of a Focused Paragon of Spirit that doesn't require targeting....I would be fine with another line that mirrors the current one, on the same timer that works for the beastlord themselves. Then I could use it for myself on the fly, and able to hit others when necessary.

I mean it would be great if they created one that was for us on a separate timer, but even a shared timer would serve me well.
  15. Adruger New Member

I find that the Heal over Time and Promised lines are largely pointless, the hots are big enough to matter, and generally if my pet needs a heal, he wouldn't be alive in 18s for this thing to go off.
  16. Goodkitty Augur

I would like to see a rework on pet swarm spell. I'd like it to be integrated with Growl line making it a proc or even making the spell itself a buff to let you proc the dogos.

Maybe fast cast on the spell like our nukes?
  17. Waldagar Augur

Can we get two combo pet buffs? One would be offensive and the other defensive. They would combine top pet defensive/offensive buff with top pet haste, top pet proc, top pet rune, top HOT, and Top promised. Why add the rune HOT and promised? When you summon a pet with a high EM the pet summoned is at 50-75% health.

When I die in a group, I am always the last one ready to go again. I have to summon, fully buff up and equip, then suspend, then repeat the entire process for a second pet.

Why do I waste time putting a super buffed pet in my pocket? Because a raw summoned warder gets snuffed faster than a birthday candle in a fan factory. I am better off casting a temp pet. Remember he comes out at 50%-75% health depending on the EM level, so chain casting warders is not really viable. Without his defensive buff, he isn't much of a tank.

This leads to this question: Why does the pet not get summoned at full health? I think all pet classes could benefit from this change.
    -Z-
  18. Ezbro Elder

The BST is IT'S TOO MUCH FOR DAYBREAK TO HANDLE! Melee dps and light tank, caster DPS with DOT's Pet manager, healer, slower, haster and buff giver plus ADPS. They need to take back the control of the gameplay, simplify the button mash fest and focus on good content. Good content would still be fun with 5 buttons!
  19. Eyezing Lorekeeper

I like that the bst takes effort to play. The more you do, the better you perform. A beastlord played to full potential is a monster of a toon. Luckily, few play at that level, so we do pretty well to avoid unnecessary nerfs. If you want it easier, there are easier classes to play :D
    Spellfire, Boze and Lifeshriek like this.
  20. Lifeshriek Augur

I would enjoy higher personal DPS for sure, but as far as how the class plays currently? I really enjoy it.
    Eyezing and Boze like this.