Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

One paragraph with two sentences. I am sure DBG could have objected if that paragraph was misleading. Plus Holly's response makes no sense whatsoever if it wasn't what the author asked/stated to Holly.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ummm, not stretching on anything. You asked us to read, and I clarified what I saw to you.

I also pointed out, what you're going on about is meaningless.

Whether Holly said TBL was well received or not is what you're arguing?

Who cares? It's over now.

Whatever Holly is willing to say or not say about past expansions doesn't change that every statement she makes is going to be trying to paint a brighter FUTURE, 'cus it's her job.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm then isn't what you are going on about meaningless too? So why are you going on about it?

Edit. If we cut all the meaningless discussions from the forums they would be closed from lack of use :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with the majority of the thread lets go ahead with the level increase. :)
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

ok if no level cap change how about lowering the mobs levels by 5 levels in EOK/ROS/TBL
  6. Mazame Augur

I enjoyed TBL.

The fact that you say "a lot" means nothing. the word means
    "Very many, a large number; also, very much."
    do you know what % of EQ players base thought TBL was poorly revived? with out knowing how many people realy felt that way it be hard to say A lot. what if only 5% thought it was bad? to me that would not be "a lot" I know people posted but in truth many people that play don't ever post. So if your going just off of post then I would have to say you can't confirm "a lot"

7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope not any more then you know a percentage how many liked it. I do run a large casual guild and know the majority of my players were not happy with it especially in the early days of the expansion.

I would never judge off posts. There tends to be a larger number of raiders are are active posters and they are more likely not to have the same problems with TBL though I know some raid guilds were unhappy with it and some tuning had to be done in that regard. Much like tuning had to be done on the group side. I also tend to discount those who seem to want everything with zero effort. Which probably surprises some.

But if you read the Ars Tehnica article linked on the eq main page the author of the article states that TBL was poorly received and Holly Longdale says that is because she was away on an 18th month project and had to put someone less experienced in charge. (personally I thought that was sort of throwing a staff member under the bus since she is ultimately responsible but that is another story).

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...range-20-year-trip-still-has-no-end-in-sight/

Where does a game like EverQuest and its loyal player base go from here? The game has suffered a bit as late, and the last expansion, The Burning Lands, was rather poorly received. Longdale said she was distracted with an 18-month project (she would not disclose what exactly) that took her attention away from the game and left someone less experienced in charge, but now she is back.

Now some have tried to tell me Holly wasn't responding to the author or was talking about something completely different but I am pretty confident in my ability to read a paragraph and get the meaning out of it. It seems very clear Holly was making an excuse as to why TBL was poorly received. I have also been told by some they think the author intentionally made it seem that way but DBG didn't read teh whole article and missed it. Personally, until I see DBG state otherwise I am going with my basic language skills and Holly agreeing TBL was poorly received. Probably based on expansion sales but that is a guess.

I guess its possible Holly was intimated by the author and just accepted what he said even if she felt otherwise but Holly does not seem the shy go along with anything sort to me.
  8. Mazame Augur

It was said by one of the people that was interviewed for the article That the author was bias and didn't like TBL.

When people have a bias and want to get their point ac-crossed they can take things out of context and make it sound as if what is happening or being said is one thing when it not.

other people have posted that what Holly "said" was taken out of context and used by the bias author to make it sound like DBG agreed with his point of view.

However their has been no direct statement from DBG as to how well TBL was received. or any #'s to state one way or the other. So yes you could be swayed by the author to his side because that was the goal.

I however feel after reading the article that I do not agree with the author.
    kizant likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

Exactly. If there were a direct statement then it surely would have been cited. Nobody hides information when it supports their argument. It's clearly an attempt to mislead while not overtly lying.
  10. Absor Developer

Ok, too much of this is too much. All I can say, since I wasn't there for the interview, is that if it isn't in quotes, it isn't a quote.

Shutting this down since it's now just two people arguing about the same thing over and over.
    Yinla, Orbital101, Jondalar and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.