Six Box Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Heajol, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Heajol Augur

Hello all,

I'm returning to live after 12 years away and considering 5 or 6 boxing.

I currently have 85 monk, paladin, wizard, bard, shaman, and a 60 mage on the sixth account. Although I guess I could get any heroic to cover the sixth account.

What would you add to the sixth account or would you just box the five I already have at 85 - monk, paladin, wizard, bard, shaman? It seems like a ranger or zerker might fit best with my pre existing team?

Alternatively, I have enchanter, paladin, druid, bard, zerker, mage I could box. Is bard & enchanter too much overlap for a Live server?

Is paladin + shaman enough healing for Live servers?

Thanks for any insight from those who play on Live! I have heard that DPS is the name of the game on Live - haven't played Live in 12 years as I say. I have played a bit on the TLP servers since then.
  2. Petalonyx Augur

Take the mage. They will be your best tank for substantial periods of time, and will enable you to gear up the team faster. Plus coth is amazing.
  3. MarttinPH Augur

I have some questions for you.
    Which server are you playing on?
    Did you level your characters to 85 or did you get all heroics?
    Let's start with some assumptions that I am making. I am guessing all your characters are heroic. Secondly, I assume you are not using any third party software.
    I would suggest not to box so many at once. I suggest boxing 3 or 4 at max. There are many reasons.
    1. Gearing up a single character can be very daunting. There are essentially around 20 armor/weapon slots and each can have 1-5 augments. Gearing up so many characters will be a lot of work, and require tons of micromanagement.
    2. Depending on your setup, boxing can be very taxing. Especially when hits the fan.
    3. The number of abilities and cooldowns to keep track of increases dramatically at higher levels.

My suggest is to 3(4) box with 3(2) mercenaries. Mercenaries would help with either dps or healing. I don't think the tank can do anything post 60-70. My suggestion would be 1 tank, 1 bard, 1 dps.
  4. Conq Augur

I've swapped my cleric for my shaman while 6 boxing and have no issues beating any group content. A box Shaman can handle group healing through all without a backup healer. Definitely add a zerker to your group.
    Conq
  5. aozs Augur

I run pal+shm as my healer setup in my 6-box comp (war pal rog zerk brd shm). I swapped in the paladin to replace my cleric when I found that the extra healing isn't really needed in group content, and a paladin offers more DPS and offtanking capabilities. I've cleared TBL challenger with both setups (which I believe is the hardest group content currently).

A single shaman is probably good enough healing for 98% of group situations, but having a 2nd healer enables bigger pulls, lets you brute force through aoe damage more easily (ie fireballs in Trial of Ashes of Rusted Cliff's Glory), and can save you if the shaman gets mezzed/silenced.

For your 6th:
    1. I would definitely add the 6th if you're using third party software. Player characters absolutely crush mercs in terms of performance.
    2. If you want max DPS, zerker is the clear choice
    3. If you want more utility, mage will add CotH and pet tanking, which can be really handy if you don't want to set up the monk for offtanking