Changed the way procs on items work?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

- Changed the way procs on items work to reduce the number of spells used.

What does that mean?

Less procs, same procs, different procs, ...?
  2. kizant Augur

The only real change you'll see is that there's no more rank in the proc name. Instead of Blaze of Fire VIII it just says Blaze of Fire. Also, the description might not be right on the item but I haven't been on test since last week to see if that was fixed.
  3. Cragbeast New Member

So if a weapon has Vamp Strike XI, and I have an aug in it with Vamp Strike VIII and now they're both just Vamp Strike. Will I not get the benefit of potentially 2 vamp procs on that weapon now?
  4. kizant Augur

Nothing changes but the name. You'll get two procs that do a different amount of damage but the name will just say Vamp Strike each time.
  5. Dropfast Augur

Why would they do that? What benefit would that have? I like being able to see how many procs I'm getting off each proc. They just spent a bunch of time fixing messaging of this kind of stuff, now their going to just revert a bunch of it? How can we test new procs like the new Fire ones we got from the Type 18/19 augs if they all show as the same proc, when really their not.
    Maybe I'm missing something.

A better explanation would be great.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Bobokin Augur

The question is why?
  7. Mazame Augur

They said they made the change in an effort to fix how spells are done. In the long run this is part of the fix to help with the Debuff issues / Dot issues. I don't know how just that they said it was why they made the change is you read in the patch note page for test.

What I questions is why do post like this get start when things are coming to live?

FYI they post Test patch notes a week before the live ones. even if you don't play on test you should read them. Starting post when things are on test would be a better way to get things Fixed or changed if you don't like something they are doing rather then waiting for it to go live. After all that why they put it on test. to get feedback and get it ready for live.
  8. Dropfast Augur

I hear you but 2 issues with that. 1. I didn't start this post, I just chimed in. 2. Almost nothing ever gets changed in the 1 week from test to live. Test patch is just to make sure something doesn't go horribly wrong before it goes to live. It's not beta or something. 99% of stuff on test gets pushed to live anyway, no matter how silly or messed up it is. Even Beta is not Beta anymore, countless things get reported but never fixed before it goes live.
    Warpeace likes this.
  9. Meredyth Augur

Remember when they consolidated AA lines to free up database entries? A lot of things are treated like spells in this game, this change would free up a bunch more, now instead of having 14 different spell entries for Blazing Fury I to XIV they can have one entry and just pass a value to the function call to tell it what rank and hence what base damage multiplier to use.
    Duder likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

Meredyth basically covered what I was going to reply with. Their copy/paste work should be a lot easier and less error prone. Maybe it'll help with some other feature they have planned. Who knows.
  11. Riou EQResource

They only seem to be doing it for like current procs+, if they do go back and do all of them though they can cut out like 400 or 500 spells in the db (that count which continues to grow every few years) down to like 20 or 30 (that never need to grow further, except maybe the Stun related ones)

Maybe eventually the old ones will be replaced too