Windowed Mode??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jreal, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Jreal New Member

So I have not played in about 4 years and decided to come back on a PC that has never had EQ on it, and I think some option or something is preventing me from going into Windowed mode. Whenever I try to put on windowed mode it minimizes, when trying to login it minimizes, when I try to click on anything on my other desktop it minimizes.
    Things I have tried so far: unplugging my 4k monitor and trying to set it on older monitor, the eqclient ini and setting it to windowed, matching the ui to monitor size, getting a custom UI.

I would really love being able to use my other monitor while playing, any help is welcomed!
  2. Covennx Augur

Did you copy your eqclient.ini from another pc? I had an issue recently where I copied files to a new PC and had an issue similar to this. It ended up being the windowed mode offset, since the files I copied ran that eq account on a second monitor. You can check those options in your eqclient.ini.

[IMG]

If these fields have anything other than 0, try setting them to 0, save the file and relaunch EQ.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Jreal New Member

I am on Windows 10, but that stuff did not help me last night, that was one of the few things I came across using my Google Fu but thanks CatsPaws. Your solution did work Covennx! But it was a fresh install with no prior character data or anything, I am happy its finally working in windowed mode though!! Been like 3 days trying to figure this stuff out! Hell it could have been the update also not sure.
  5. Jreal New Member

Now it won't let me change my resolution though and all my text is super super tiny.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

See other threads, re: 4k resolution. Long story short: you are stuck with that if you want to use the default ui. If you want to make your own adjustments or use other people's ui elements, there are some options. Sorry, I can't give more details; I've been on default ui since the game was released and have no intention of changing so I don't know much about the process.
  7. Jreal New Member

I have the Lodi Dodi ui, I just have to remember how to do stuff in this game. I forgot everything but the basics after 4 years of survival games heh. But yeah I am going to try and set my non 4k screen as the primary and see how things load up.