Live Update Bugs 07/17/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 17, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Ranor Lorekeeper

Still not fixed. :( When you camp it takes you to your current server character select screen. However when you hit the quit button it freezes up on a black screen for about 30 seconds or so and times out. It won't take you to the server select screen. After it's done timing out you have to manually quit EQ so it takes about 1 min to log out of EQ just to get to desktop. Usually by having to open task manager on the computer and hitting end task. Several people have started a forum topic for this problem in the veterans section of the forums.
    Herf likes this.
  3. JacLuc Lorekeeper

When looting items, seeing You left an xxx on a_spectre_of_the_Arisen's_Corpse0.-- Looks ok when I loot something, just weird when I leave it on the corpse.
    Zimkin likes this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

Looks like all kinds of things were absolutely destroyed with this update. For example, Shield of Spines completely lost it's proc. It and tons of other items have non-sensical text now and effects that seem broken. I don't know how to attach an image here but i'll type out Shield of Spines as an example.

Vector of Health (as level 31)
    Has the chance to heal you for up to 0 damage when you strike your enemies.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sound is very quiet :(

No adjustments to comp since playing yesterday.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That seems like a good thing, especially if you are leaving an item for somebody else to loot in a pile of corpses. I would like this to remain - it's the mob's true name.
    EDIT: I would like this behavior extended to all mobs, live and dead. It is silly to see everything with the exact same name, especially when the game already gives them distinct names. Why hide their names and make them more boring and generic?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

When considering another player's corpse (target, then /con . . . or right-click as though you were going to loot it), it no longer provides the timer that indicates how long is left for an effective resurrection. Instead it says "This corpse is not valid."
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Being spammed by spells from others landing on NPCs, :rolleyes: I have others spells blocked, I don't see the spell damage just Soandso staggers, etc
  9. halagren Journeyman

mage fire pet level 63 spell Child of Ro still bugged from last patch. Fire pets summoned with focus items were supposed to receive increased nuke damage and instead received REDUCED nuke damage. currently unfocused Child of ro nukes for 795 damage as it always did. however any focused one only nukes for 295. this applies to fire elemental bolt III rkII and higher. only the base fire elemental bolt III is still working properly. I posted about this bug in the last patch dont know why it wasnt addressed as it should be as simple as changing a couple of spell values for the subsequent ranks of fire elemental bolt III rkII and higher.....
    Herf likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

It's a minor bug but the description for a type 3 augment on a primary weapon also includes (as level 119) like my proc augs. This doesn't happen when they type 3 aug is in another item.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Loot-related messages got moved to another filter or something as well. Yet one more thing that doesn't go where I had it. It is very tiresome to have to *attempt, and usually fail* to fix my messaging filters seemingly every patch.
  12. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Right clicking character name on the chat to add to an existing DZ isn't working,It is saying that I am not on any DZ (I am DZ leader). I had to /dzadd manually everyone that joined late our raid.

This kinda sucks tbh, that QoL change was so good and can't benefit from it now. Inviting to raid is working of course. It looks that's only related to the change you made to DZ's messages.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

The description is wrong and the spdat looks weird, but the spell proc works:

[Wed Jul 17 13:10:33 2019] You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Wulfhere for 14957 hit points by Vector of Health. (Lucky Critical)

[Wed Jul 17 13:13:30 2019] You are bathed in a healing burst. You healed Wulfhere for 6821 hit points by Vector of Health.

I think the spell text for Vampiric Consumption recourse needs fixing too. The phrase "You wither" while receiving a heal seems unhealthy.

[Wed Jul 17 13:23:21 2019] You hit a worker for 7540 points of magic damage by Vampiric Consumption.
    [Wed Jul 17 13:23:21 2019] A worker is withered by a vampiric strike.
    [Wed Jul 17 13:23:21 2019] You wither under a vampiric strike. You healed Wulfhere for 13972 (22830) hit points by Vampiric Consumption. (Lucky Critical)
  14. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Not seeing any cast messages for Devout Rune (as level 39) from Swordmaster's Honor.
    If you remove the buff, it procs (I'm testing on a guildhall dummy) but unless I have something turned off I'm not seeing anything from it procing.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Loot messages used to be lumped into the "Other" filter along with a thousands other things. Now it is a separate filter so that you can actually put them where you can see them. This is a GREAT change.

If you want loot to be in the same window as a thousand other things in the Other filter you can simply put the new filter there.
  16. Scoobz New Member

Running into the following issue when loading the game under Wine on Linux. Tested on 3 different installs.

Login -> Server Select -> Choose server -> Get "EverQuest Crash Notification" box requesting to send feedback to the developers but no error messages.

I was able to log in fine prior to the patch.
  17. Teylana Elder

Although I agree that it's a good change, the specifics of the change were not relayed correctly.

From the patch notes; "- When linking a list of items from the loot window into chat, messages that do not fit on a single line will now be output to the channel specified by the pending message."

There is no notation about the changes made to look messages. The issue isn't with the patch, it's with the poor reporting of what happened in the patch.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Keep reading:

It was reported correctly. People just don't read them.

The only thing they didn't mention is the addition of the npc corpse name you loot an item from, but no one is complaining about that as far as i see.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Zimkin New Member

The game freezes for around 20-30 secs then resumes but by that time the encounter is usually over good or bad. This started with todays patch and nothing was installed recently that might contribute to this.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Fight Fire is no longer allowing task adds. weird bug saying "you are not the leader of the task, Only Elyssanda can operate this command."