What is the best configuration for a pet class boxing group?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MarttinPH Augur

I was thinking some of the following might be interesting.
    * 4 Mages, Druid, Bard
    * 3 Mages, Druid, Enc, Bard
    * 1 Nec, 2 Beastlord, 3 Mage
    * SK (Pal), 5 Mage

What do you guys think? This would only be for group content.
  2. strongbus Augur

I go with one of the 1st 2. gives plenty of dps plus healing and cc. the last 2 group have no healing.
  3. Sathayorn Augur

I'd go with group 2. Love me that chanter aura.
  4. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

When choosing any box set up I would recommend first looking at each classes synergy. Enchanters synergy adds 45% dmg to fire/ice and magic based spells which does nothing for enchanters since all of our spells are Chromatic (Gravity Twist aside). Thats a huge boost for mages/wizards tho and off of every mind dd cast.

Next look at the group burns. First do they stack with each other? Then how big is the direct benefit? Lastly because we are talking about a box of 3 or more toons, whats the refresh rate? How long can you maintain optimal conditions (ie 100% crit rates).

One of the easiest and effective set ups is an enc - mage - mage - mage - druid - bard. It will give you a cpl tanks, some serious DPS potential (if you time everything right), heals, buffs and transportation. Plus CoTH is always nice for a box not to mention evac so you dont lose all your geared up pets!

Good Hunting!
    -Saerza
    Skewert likes this.
  5. Drayman Elder

Sk, Shm, 4x Mage.

That's what I would do.

SK doesn't need crowd control and with alliance and of many line of spells, mobs would melt.
  6. Waldagar Augur

Synergy, Dicho, Alliance = 5x BST and 1 Druid

No mana issues..EVER!

Someone on my server did this with a cleric merc instead of a Druid and mobs, including names just melted. It was insane...
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I've played a Nec/Bst for years and really enjoyed it. I've tried several classes for a third, including Druid, Monk, SK and Bard. They all have some pros and cons but to me, the Bard was the best to add to the group so that's what I run with now. I have toyed with the idea of a Mage for the third and have leveled one to 96 but have not found enough motivation to keep going with him.

I only focus on the group game and have found my crew to be quite capable, save for some of the more difficult T2 TBL named. The Beast pet coupled with the Beast's buffs and spells make it a very solid main tank with the Necro's pet as a decent off tank/occasional emergency tank.

If I ever do raid, which is extremely rare these days for me, it's on my Necro which is my main.
  8. MarttinPH Augur

Thanks for the advice.

Do you think the group would benefit from one less mage for a bard? I don't know how good shaman/mage mana regen is without enchanter buffs.

How hard is it to gear five different beastlords? I haven't done much post 75.
  9. Waldagar Augur

How hard is it to gear five different beastlords? I haven't done much post 75.

Not difficult at all with the scaling gear in TBM that starts at level 75.
  10. Skewert Lorekeeper

I feel like this is pretty misleading. If you're a raid-geared, max-level SK, yeah, I suppose this is probably true for the vast majority of situations. If you're just your average group-geared SK, you're good, but you're not superman. I think CC is always welcome. That said, SKs can CC to some extent via snare, FD, and their various AAs.
  11. Drayman Elder

As long as you were willing to take a 2 minute med break every 20 minutes or so, you would be fine.

Actually though, I like the 5 Beast Lord idea except I would use a SHM instead of a Druid. Druids are horrible and a Shaman has good synergy with melee classes.
  12. Drayman Elder

In the most current content you are probably right. But everything else?

I am group geared and nowhere near max AA and I don't struggle against anything other than TBL named.

But keep in mind, SK's can pull very effectively so I can generally fight only one mob pretty much any time I want or need too.