Velious and beyond question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Flaxon, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Flaxon New Member

Serious question for those who played these T,LPservers before.I've done a couple in the past and usually make it to classic sometimes kunark, mostly leave dob to real life stuff. I managed to get my wife to play with me this time and we've been having some fun each boxing. The game has been great, met some great people. We've noticed a little more in the high-end camps, when we set up people pick over take camp from us, train us, or sit on one of the name spots.

It's kind of annoying and and my wife gets really discouraged by it but I understand it's been part of the servers. sometimes we fight over it sometimes we just leave.

So my question is going forward including SoV and Luclin, does this type of behavior get better as people get more spread out. We would like to see the future expansions but not sure if we want to continue with this environment. Maybe try something different light p99 green or other games.

Any feedback would be helpful, appreciate in advance
  2. Flaxon New Member

We are on The Mangler server by the way
  3. Aegir Augur

It will become less toxic as group dropable loot becomes less desireable compared to no-drop raid loot. However, the PowerLevel business takes over in SoV and Luclin. So expect a lot of zone-disruption in the highest exp gain zones all around.

Around Planes of Power, they usually announce a new TLP, and thus if it has an appealing rule-set, will migrate most of the toxic players away from Mangler. However, most other players tend to leave for that new shiny server as well, leaving the remaining mangler population in a pretty bad shape for further progression.
  4. Buddie New Member

Player attrition is inevitable. Phinigel is still an active server with several raid guilds. So, there is hope of a vital server post PoP. We are at House of Thule now (XPAC #17 of 25) on Phinigel.

I dont think I have experienced any camp stealing behavior since Luclin on Phinigel. Power levelling interference ends around then as well.

Thing is, that starting with GoD, there are not any more casuals. Everyone is max level within a week of the new expansion launch. Its all about progression and raiding. There is some childish behavior over progression targets, but instances and picks eliminate most of that.
  5. Pikallo Augur

Adding to this, there will still be some toxicity around places like the VT shard camps in Luclin or the PoS medallions in PoP(and sometimes in BoT as well). But beyond that, there isn't really a camp that is so lucrative as to attract the toxic crowd.