Mangler Platinum raid: Dragons, Sunday 21st of July at 4 pm

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Elite_raider Augur

Loot rules: At the end of the raid (when the last target dies), the platinum spent will be split amongst each character in the raid. You can not pay with Krono, but a limited number of Krono may be sold for plate at the raid if needed.

The focus for these raids is to help people get their VP keys and to finish their epics. But at the same time also ensuring that everyone who participates get some kind of reward at the end (platinum).

If an item is the last item someone need to finish their epic, we want them to get it for a reasonable amount of platinum, that they can collected during normal game play.

So the price for epic items will be caped at 10k (for now) if it is the last item needed to finish an epic.

To help keep honest people honest, the epic items that are sold as last items to finish an epic will be looted by one of the organizers of the raid and Multi Quested directly after the raid finishes. If more then one person is in this situation, the people in question will do a /random 0 1000 to determine who gets the item.

If no one bids for an epic item as the last item to finish their epic, then the bids for the epic item opens up to everyone without a cap limit for the amount of platinum you can bid for it.

We will be doing the following events in this order: Trakanon, Severelius, Talandor and VS

Trakanon:

VP key items will be sold for 2.5k each. The price of the keys may get adjusted as time goes on since we do not want these keys to rot if anyone still needs them.

Min level req is 55, but level 60's will be preferred over lower level characters.

Meeting spot: Seb AoC

Raid invites start at 3 pm on Sunday the 21st of July

Raidinvites from: Gugagan

Raid start at 4 pm CEST, 7 am PST, 9 am CST

Discord chat for the raid: https://discord.gg/dnsCRBU

Convert to local time
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why limit the price on any item, isn't the point of these to maximize everyone's share by bidding up items from the participants?
    Eyejab and DeseanJackson like this.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

I agree, in my experience the majority of people coming to these are after the split rather than items. Limiting the price so low only decreases people’s splits, which with 72 raiders, isn’t going to be very high. Uncap the price, everyone wins, and plat flows.
  4. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

Him or one of his friends likely wants to get epic pieces for their alts on the cheap (Trak Guts, likely)

The issue with most of this, is that there's no reason to really go. All the items that Sev/Talendor drop are worth so little, even in EC. If a Green Dragonscale drops and goes for 10k, that's 138 platinum and change to every person in the raid (10k is market price, so it likely will go for less than that). Trak teeth at 2500pp/ea, at a minimum drop of 6, is 208pp per person. Even if you get lucky and get 12 teeth, each person is getting 416pp.

At most you might come away with 1k plat for attending this with rules currently, and that's assuming you get the absolute best items dropping. Realistically you're likely to net 500-700pp on this raid with capped prices.
  5. uk6999 Augur

You should uncap everything if you want people to show up. On top of that you are burning an instance so 80% of people wont be able to attend. Green Scales can go up to 10kr I would imagine and I have never seen guts LR sold but imagine they would be near that as well. 1k for pick up raid would not be worth it I imagine to many, since pick up raids usually mean many deaths and a lot of time spent doing recoveries/clears and have a low chance of success rate. Trak teeth are fairly easy to get this many weeks in so that price seems about right could do up to a krono for those though. AJ is the blocker for many. There are a few other drops you could lucky on. Mana Robe/RBB/CoF few high end spells. Dragon hero bracer and weight reduce bags are ok but not great. Most of trak class BP are so so and out classed in Velious. Anyway wish you luck, if they werent instanced I would help.
  6. Eyejab New Member

Really have to put everything open bid and you will see serious plat and people really showed up to make this happening.
  7. Guzzle Augur

Trak Gut 's are going for 10kr fairly regularly. This guy just wants a cheap one for himself or his friend, I'm sure. That's why it's the only item reserved, and for less than 10% of market value.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pugging Trak/Gore in era sounds like an abysmal time.
  9. Moggman Elder

brb rolling a bard to get trak gut for 10k plat LOLOLOLOL
    GL getting 20+ ppl to show up for a <1k plat split tho
  10. Xeris Augur

Good luck.... itll be tough to get people as these raids are all account-wide lockouts. Everyone's in a raiding guild.
    Xhartor likes this.
  11. Dooby dooby doo Elder

I'm confused. Isn't this the guy who has killed 95%+ of open world phinny since kunark launched?

Just... buy them for a real amount?
    Eyejab likes this.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

There is no reserve on any item. Are you upset that this may break your RMTing of the guts or is something else bothering you?
  13. Elite_raider Augur

Some people enjoy helping others and seeing others succeed, if that is finishing epics or what not. Some people just want everyone to give them all their plate/money, preferably without having to do anything for it. And some people just want to see the world burn because they are deeply unhappy with the way their lives have turned out. The latter 2 are generally the people who feel the urge to post on the forums with snide remarks it seem's like unfortunately. That said, if you ever feel like you want to talk, feel free to send me a msg on the boards or in game and I will help you as much as I can. I have more then enough love to go around for everyone, even if you think that you do not deserve to be loved :)

I think most people are somewhere in the middle though ;-)

The account wide lockouts is a problem for this era I have to admit, but hopefully we will have enough to do these encounters, we will see.

If this is not something the community (not counting the local extremists/RMTers here on the boards) wants and we do not have enough show up for this event. Well, then we will of course not continue doing it as an open raid for the community, but from the in game feedback we have gotten so fare from people, it seem's like allot of people are happy that we are starting this up on Mangler. We will see how many show up on Sunday though :)
  14. Guzzle Augur

We don't RMT the guts, but we do sell 's to fund our guild bank... because all of our main bards and alt bards have their epics complete. RMT allegations are pretty cute though, and don't look like deflection at all!

I don't think one unlikely to succeed Trakanon kill per week is going to disrupt anything for anyone, though.

You said they were reserved in your initial post, so if that has indeed changed I'm glad to see it.
    Eyejab likes this.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Please add Plat as an exception on phone autocorrect.
    Pikallo likes this.
  16. Elite_raider Augur

10 KR per multiquest of the Guts and you are probably getting funds for the guildbank from other sources as well. With that much wealth coming in there is no way to spend that much cash to fund a guilds use of gems/potions for raids over time.

So what is going to happen to all the Krono in the bank when your guild fades out or you/the group of people controlling the guildbank fade? If it is not RMTed, I guess you are just going to poff with it? If that wasn't your plan you would have put in place mechanisms to redistribute the wealth to your guild members when the funds in the guildbank goes over a certain amount that will cover gems/potions for raids like we and many other guilds have.

You are pretty transparent and easy to read, I guess your plan for today wasn't to get outed on the boards to your guild when attacking someone who is trying to help out the community? Well I wish you and your guildies good luck with the massive Krono "Guild" bank you are amassing.......

There is a saying, you know others by the way you know your self, so the fact that your base assumption was that we are here to screw people over, just show's that that is what you are out to do, given the chance.... I wasn't deflecting, I was just holding up a mirror. The only way to move forward and to become a better person is to know your self and make the changes you need to do to become the person you want to be.
  17. Guzzle Augur

Our guild does fund raiding materials, and our ledger is fully transparent and available for our members. We also give back to our members a not insignificant amount during our end of expansion guild meeting.

You typed a lot of words chock full of assumptions only to miss pretty big with that swing.

All you've accomplished was outing yourself as a presumptive moron.

Solid play, though.

Beyond that, I don't see any other guild publicly talking about what happens with the contents of their guild bank - and probably rightfully so. It's not your business, or anyone elses. People with long-term aspirations also need to plan for GoD when Qvic armor piece completions come at 10k plat a pop I believe is the number.. is your guild going to absorb all of those costs 100%? Will your guild even be around at that point? Who knows.

Post-Kunark is when guilds stop accumulating nice nest eggs for the most part. It's best to plan for the future and not just always look at the short-term.

At any rate, if you're interested in trash talking - let's take this to private messages. All we are doing is making you look silly with your first year college philosophy class enlightenment pitch to people you are trying to attract.

Like I said, if you've given up on reserving the guts - good on you - your first post did not say that, initially. It's still visible, actually, in your other thread you abandoned after getting called out by multiple people.
  18. Elite_raider Augur

You start with proclaiming others are making assumptions and trying to deflect and then you proceed with doing just that in the rest of your post along with some half baked excuses trying to explain away your behavior.

Saying: "I am not lying" and then proceeding to lie, does not make it any less of a lie. We can all see you ;-)
  19. Stix Man Elder

Anyone know where I can buy some phinny loot? Water staff still 7kr or has the price come down recently?
  20. Elite_raider Augur

No idea, if you need one and can not get it on your own, try joining a guild were people help each other out camping it for free for each other or any other item they may need for their epics and other stuff :)