CotH will break charm next patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ermok, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

It really is silly.

No fault to the players, they just do what's smart.... but it's the norm to get multiple enchanters in groups and hold out for them as well. Charm is just silly op early on and my only real question is do the dev's want it that way?
  2. Nothappening Lorekeeper

I thought x6 ENCH was the best, just need 6 ench that usually solo!
  3. Moranis Augur

Indeed - it's positively stupid to try and level up otherwise. I suspect the devs never anticipated it being that dominant - but the outcry for nerfing it would probably be so loud that the current devs are hesitant to touch it regardless.

Perhaps a nerfed charm TLP is next in the works? We're getting closer and closer to the perfect TLP (in my opinion) - all that's left is nerfing charm and figuring out how to eliminate the Auto-bot factories that are effing up the economy.
  4. Grakt New Member

The Charm/Coth fix is welcomed and will help with some farmers who use these mechanics to monopolize some badly needed Medallion drops on Mangler. The "an ancient Jarsath" is almost completely taken by a charm/coth farmer who sniped one from me that I'd beaten down to 10%.

He's already told me that this patch will fix nothing. Once he can charm and not be dispelled, he's already planning to just charm and then keep it hostage until someone buys the LR from him. He's also aware people will petition and simply said he'll do it until DBG tells him not to anymore, which likely won't happen.
  5. taliefer Augur

this is the most likely outcome. i doubt they went through the trouble to make AJ uncharmable
  6. NoWay Augur

All this nerfing, snowflakes unite.
  7. Ermok Lorekeeper

Clearly by the patch notes my campaign to stop this change was ineffective. I'm of the same mind as the botter in question to now hold VP key mobs hostage against the snowflakes that thought this was a good idea.
  8. TheldranusAgnarr Lorekeeper

Just make the mob uncharmable - BOOM, you're done.
  9. Moranis Augur

Looking at the patch notes - this doesn't appear to be the *intention*. Now, if it actually happens this way, that would be pretty comical. Although, you'd see guilds put SK teams together to diasy-chain HT the second he breaks.
  10. Liren_Lockheart Journeyman

CoTH and Ressurection breaking charm are both overzealous changes for what sounds like an isolated problem. They made this change to ALL chanters on ALL servers to stop the griefing of specific mobs on Mangler that will be irrelevant when Mangler moves to the next expansion. The better solution is to flag key droppers and key turn in mobs as uncharmable. I'll say it again for the people in the back ...

Flag key droppers and key turn in mobs as uncharmable.

Half the people in this thread think stripping chanters of their ability to move around zones easily with pets is a great idea not because they thought Chanters charming quest mobs was a problem but because they think ANY nerf to Chanters is a great idea! Chanters are obv "OP" so any reduction in power is good regardless if its necessary or fair. Those posters should be categorically ignored.

Class balance is not the goal of EQ. Gamers will always min max and if Chanter isn't on top, another class will quickly replace them and your crappier class will still be passed over for groups and raids.

For those people who are having their loot mobs sniped by chanters charming them and being ported away with their new pets. players will always kill steal you. Always. If they take this mechanic away, they will find a new way to do it.

Taking useful functionality away from legitimate players is never a solution to griefing.

Melusine the Enchanter
    Selos
  11. Liren_Lockheart Journeyman

P.S. It appears the changes that went into affect today make it so that no one outside an enchanter's group can dispel their charm pets. So we can't move around with our pets as easily anymore but once we have them NO ONE CAN TAKE THEM.

I bet everyone will be wishing they had just flagged those key mobs uncharmable now...

Melusine the Enchanter
    Selos
  12. uk6999 Augur

I personally feel like that is one of the most hap hazard borderline stupid changes they have made recently. Oh well let the charm grief start.

13. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

The real sad part here is these kinds of changes show that NOONE making decisions about EQ, know ANYTHING about the game.

We literally just had threads explaining how messed up it was that a player can flag a high level chanter/bard PvP and basically steal anything because you can't dispel their pets. The only saving grace was that they had to be dumb enough to perma flag PvP. Guess we can't inconvenience the farmers with that PvP flag anymore. Idiots!!
  14. Xeris Augur

i pointed this out before. get ready for chanters to just charm quest mobs and hide out with them for hours for no actual reason
  15. Lemerian Elder

Such pearl clutching. There will be griefing at first and occasionally after but you're idiots if you think these people are going to spend hours charming one mob for nothing gained. the time they spend not killing is time they're missing out on potential spawns. The pure griefers will get bored and the krono farmers will just try to kill when safe.
  16. Lateryn Augur

Enchanters are going to own now that you can dispel their pet. No way to combat them. Charm Named, charm PHs, charm mobs on raid that out dps everything else etc.
  17. Lateryn Augur

You obviously are new to the internet.
  18. Xanathol Augur

Whomever made the decision to flag charmed mobs undispellable really needs to be removed from any position to make such decisions. The griefing just got a hell of a lot worse.
  19. Nothappening Lorekeeper

man i remember the days the asians would charm the freeti PH and run off with it. now someone can go do it to them since they permafarm efreeti now.

TOO MUCH LULZ. it really was a backwards way to fix the griefing.
  20. Dab45 New Member

And so it begins:

WTS An Ancient Jarsath LR: 10 kr (Non Negotiable) "Charmed in Zone '

At least in the disfunction of the AJ camp before yesterday's patch, the extortion was annoying but tolerable. As someone who's just trying to finish this quest -- for a reward with only five weeks of value -- I'm not sure I have the words to describe how I feel about this new development.