Please Allow Baz /trader for Silver Veterans.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sybn, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Diptera Augur

Occasionally I will remote in from work to check how my trader is getting on / tweak some prices, and it's a lot easier than having to reload client each time =/
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I remember the dev post in beta forum where he was explaining his workload and why he just didn't have time to get to everything he wanted to.. he has a list that as 27 pages long of things to improve QoL for this game, but only so much time to implement them around everything else that takes up their time that is needed for the game, And still allows him to have a semblance of a home life with his family.

I don't think silver getting Baz trader should be on the list at all, and for all access/gold to be able to run a *consignment store* while playing, just wouldn't improve things for most people in EQ, just a small subsection of people want it, so stick it towards the end of that list.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No.
  4. Duder Augur

You are grasping at straws when you can see the entire community does not support it. It doesn't hurt to share ideas that you would like. In fact, it is very good for the game and the boards that we do share our wishes as a community, but you are trying to argue a point that very few if any agree with and are lashing at Corowyn. Don't bring other topics into a separate conversation, the context is worthless to try and make a point for yourself on your behalf. Let it rest.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Corwyhn. Not Corowyn. :)
  6. northstar Augur

Well here I am not in EQ but playing SWTOR for Free, putting anything I want up for sale on there Galactic Trade Market. why is this important? or even relevant to EQ? well my last $25 I spent in SWTOR, and not in EQ. If that is of no concern to players here... fair enough I suppose.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

You are only looking at it from your own perspective though and not from a global perspective. How much money a month does DBG bring in from people who pay for accounts specifically for the purpose of trading? If they remove trading from the premium price tag and give it away for free how will this affect their bottom line in these regards? Now compare that to the number of potential free players who "might" spend money if they were given a premium service. That is what the bean counters have to figure out. So sure they lost 25 bucks on you but realistically they would lose way more if they just gave away this feature for free.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Flatchy like this.
  8. northstar Augur

Funny how things work though usually people who enter a retail store spend money where as if they never enter the store they don't, so the flaw to your math is how many people are not playing EQ because of its restrictions and simply playing free games that they can customize there accounts with other than paying for a subscription for? That is the point in essence...

Let me give you an example of customization... in SWTOR I can create as a non subscriber 42 characters per server, with the ability to unlock more and around 360 characters account wide... mind you they only have 5 servers, but that is a hell of a lot of characters.

Now here we have EQ with 8 characters.. if subscribed or 2 for free with a option to make 3 more MAX from either the store, or Veteran Tokens for the loyalty vender...

how many more hours of actual play time do you suppose I will spend in regards to either games???

Oh and one last thing, their companions ( Merc's ) in SWTOR are 100% Free..
    that doesn't include perks I have and collections of gear I can unlock.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure how having 360 characters in a game like EQ would actually result in more funds for DBG? I have never played SWTOR but it sounds like people don't become as attached to their characters or at least not their "main" like they do in EQ.

We have gone from traders to character slots and you even throw mercs out there. The only thing left is prestige gear and basically there is zero need for a paid sub. I understand games that operate fully on a cash shop basis do very well but I have doubts that it would work for EQ at this stage in its life cycle. For starters how do you handle lifetime subs? Do these players just retain all the same percs while others would have to pay for each toon? Also a lot of those successful brands rely heavily on a revolving door of customers. EQ has a very niche population so its doubtful going to a pure cash shop system would have the same results as other games.

I think what this boils down to for a some people is they don't like paying a sub but want all the percs of a sub. A sub is relatively cheap and even free if you can farm enough in game to buy a krono. For the amount of actual entertainment value this game is dirt cheap. If someone thinks its to much to fork over 10-15 bucks a month for almost unlimited entertainment they will probably never be satisfied with the product because they will always want more while offering less.
  10. northstar Augur

Really? you must live under a rock and cant read what I stated...

let me clarify it for you. I said it would be nice to "Pay" with real $$ for a specific feature of the game. in no way did I say I wanted to play for free and have everything for free. there is a big difference between the two statements.

the whole not being attached to a main just because of the freedom to make alts is complete load of crap. people invest just as much time in mains as the would any other mmo.

I think what it boils down too is the fact that times change and thinking outside the box might actually you know improve the game and its lifespan to have more people play and not be so niche as you say the game is. it isn't a niche.. its called an old game in need of some long time refurbishment..

anyhow enjoy the little narrow microscope you look through. I will enjoy something else that has a lot more going for it, thanks anyhow :)
  11. Aurastrider Augur

Don't be salty now. So you want to throw a couple bucks at the game and call it a day. Maybe not you personally but that's what a lot of people would do. I mean heck who wouldn't want to pay one time for each all access perc and be done with it? Oh wait they already had that sale and it was very popular but it wasn't 25 bucks.

The fact of the matter is just because something works with one brand does not mean it will work with another. This game has been around for 20+ years now and you think you know what's best for its bottom line. You know even more than the actual business leaders of the company who review the financial records, crunch data, analyze different payment revenue options and yes I am sure a purely cash shop options has been discussed more than once with different financial scenarios calculated.

If you think they are going to roll the dice on your word and jeopardize their business just because this model works in other applications you are nuts. If the company decided to actually go with this method because they thought it would be more profitable by bringing in more members and not by gouging their current customer base I would be behind it. Until then pony up the couple bucks a month if you want the percs.
  12. northstar Augur

This right here is kind of my point...

if a subscription is Driving the bus of people Away from the game? wouldn't it be you know kind of "Smart" to let people PAY for what features they would like, and don't you think maybe that if they did....

More people might be playing EQ??
  13. smash Augur

I think you not telling truth about driving people away.

People knew how it is, and those people who comes with that argument interpret things to fit into what they say.

In other words, i can do a survey and if i do it right, i can make it say what i want it to say.
  14. northstar Augur

Please elaborate for me so I understand clearly. personally I wont subscribe to this game, and when I do I regret it every time. I Do really love this game, but the frustration is when I need to subscribe to more than one account to accomplish anything. That to me is a waist of my resources.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

No actually I don't because the game would probably shut down and then nobody would be playing. What makes you think that by changing the payment system hoards of new players are going to flock to this game and throw money at a cash shop? This game has and will continue to be supported by longstanding customers with repeat customers that come back from time to time. The simple fact that you are here on the forums instead of playing the other game that you just spent 25 bucks on leads me to believe their business model is working as intended. They might not have your money today but they most likely will get some of it in the future.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

Here is the problem you simply don't value this game for its entertainment value. For you its not worth your resources aka money. You are the type of customer that most likely will never be happy with this product at any price or cost. I mean heck you can literally play for free in all but the last two expansions and that isn't enough. You can farm as much as you like while being free and sell your plat for a krono and get all access percs for a month without spending a dime and this isn't enough.
  17. northstar Augur

who said I wasn't playing the other game?? I do take a smoke break from time to time ya know... I am not a robot. I played this game back in 2001 and continually came back to only get frustrated and play something else. as for your salt towards SWTOR I have been playing it continually since launch and will always continue to play it. you have no idea my situation and the amount I have spent in both games.

Regardless at the end of the day I wont be playing or paying much in this game where my support is with SWTOR for reasons I have mentioned in this thread. as for your long time customers the list does dwindle you know, if you cant bring new blood into this game called EQ. the term is usually called "Game Over"
  18. smash Augur

I have a number of subscribing accounts and some f2p as well, do i need more than 1 to sell in bazaar, no. When i subscribe it is to play the game, and if i do sell it will be from 1 of those subscribing accounts and it will happen when i sleep.

People who are not willing to support the game by subscribing, we love, should only have the most basic game.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Again how does your cash shop idea bring in new blood? This game literally depends on its current customer base to keep spending money and that is done via subs. Take those subs away and people will have bought everything they need from the cash shop in terms of character slots, prestige armor upgrade, trader feature, J mercs and once that's done how exactly do they make money? Converting to a cash shop model does not mean the flood gates will open with new customers. They already provide f2p to let people try it out. So yes once enough long standing customers go away it is game over but your model just sunsets the game that much sooner.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Duder and smash like this.
  20. northstar Augur

Want to know what sunsets a game? driving people away with a subscription when they have a bit of money in there hands to afford a part of what subscribers get. not all of us can afford Multiple subscriptions being on a limited income. however we can afford small parts of what we want when we can.

Krono is a joke. I have never been able to cutthroat this game enough to afford a Krono in game. and I have 18 hours a day to play every day.

Smash bud, as for sleeping and selling. not everyone sleeps for long periods of time due to nightmares and meds, and with the lack of people buying most of the things for sale....

Anyhow I am kind of done with all the sour attitudes lifers throw here. enjoy your game...