when we see FV / AoC TLP server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iove, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Iove Elder

I think its time to open this server now!

Selo / Mangler is fine, but different ruleset like FV what we need! :)
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Sadly, they seem adamently against it. Though I am with you. At this point the only new server I'd play on would be an FV TLP.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  3. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I would love a FV TLP type of server going on. But, can you imagine the prices of kronos after that goes live? Oh, mer gawd.
    Gherig and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Gooby pleeease!
  5. Hateseeker Augur

After coming back to play Selo, it's pretty obvious the server needed double loots for some guilds to be able to catch up with the server's unlock rate. It's not a question of skill, it's a question of gear and playtime. If you can't raid 7 nights a week, you aren't going to have the gear to succeed in GoD before OoW comes out, and half lockouts aren't going to make a difference if you can't raid nightly to take advantage of them. And open trade loot could have helped there too.

Edit: time to break with tradition and make an existing ruleset change. Double loots and open trade loot for Selo.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  6. Silver-Crow Augur

FV ruleset on TLP server = Krono farmers dream.
    You think mangler is bad... i think i'd need to get the popcorn out for a FV TLP.
    Xhartor likes this.
  7. Nothappening Lorekeeper

never

8. Hateseeker Augur

open trade loot being a curse is an opinion, one that seems to not be shared with many many players. And I carefully note that saying it's a curse isn't the same thing as saying "very few people" play on such a server. Yes, there are plenty of people who over the years have, because EQ chose to go the no trade route, and the players had no other choice, bought into it hook line and sinker as if a server should not have a true trade economy, and no one should ever get anything except either by buying no drop loot rights or personally raiding for it, but that's not how it should have been. It's just what people got used to.

And here's the true key: it's a variable ruleset system. Not every server has to be open trade loot. There's enough players to have a new TLP be one every few years. Enough people that want it exist, and their needs are being disregarded.

Krono farmers already have their dream. Each TLP that starts in Classic has the vast majority of loot is tradeable. TLP populations are heavily stacked to drop off after PoP and re-surge with new classic launches. Therefore krono sales are already well facilitated.

Add tradeable loot to AOC servers and you make everyone able to participate in the economy, not just those who are currently what we call "krono farmers".
  9. Xhartor Augur

Hate would be insanely nasty during classic if the gear was tradable.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

It already is.

At least with fv loot with instances you'll never be truly locked from items. The krono will be insane until luclin, but after that servers mellow out and 2 or 3 krono lords can't ruin the economy anymore.
  11. Sethisto Elder

I'm in a guild that raids 3 nights a week and we are already at the final zone of GoD with only a single boss wipe in Txevu. Selos loot is fine. We have another 3 weeks to knock out the final zone and chances are it will be done tomorrow without any issue. If it is trouble, we can gear up like mad in everything past uqua over the course of the next 6 days then completely melt Tacvi. There is a stupid amount of loot to be had on selos.
  12. Magic Augur

+1 for FV loot / AoC TLP :)
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is a kronolord someone with 500, 1000 or 2000 krono?
  14. AcemoneyFV Augur

It won't happen. They already pretty much said, no.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How long is that list of items they said NO to but implemented at this point? o_O
  16. DeseanJackson Augur

Shorter than you think. Also, this was addressed by a dev in the last couple months with regards to the free trade rule set (lets stop pretending FV rules are the same as free trade, FV rules imply much more).
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you log into fv today its basically free trade. The role playing aspect is pretty much limited to having to learn elf language when you start.
  18. Lumiens Augur

I'll be over playing on the WoW classic server until they decide to open a Free Trade style TLP with AoC's. No you can't have all my stuff, it's all No Drop since no Free Trade loot rules.
  19. DeseanJackson Augur

Doesn’t it have ridiculously fast exp and 1 char per account?
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The original FV was a fail hence they changed the rules rather quickly and over time they changed the rules as well. The FV of today I'm sure is a lot more different than when it launched.

This was the best list I could find of original---------------------
    * Firiona Vie Server Feature List *
    1. This is a new server, not a split server. There will be no transfers to this server.
    2. Characters will be wiped before the server goes Live.
    3. This is a PvE (Player vs. Environment) server, NOT a PvP (Player vs. Player) server. In other words, it's a standard "blue" server with the same rules and features regarding PvP as the vast majority of our servers. It is not one of the "Zeks".
    4. Auction restricted to city zones: Qeynos, Surefall Glade, Highkeep, Freeport, Rivervale, Erudin, Halas, Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, Greater Faydark, Ak'Anon, Kaladim, Felwithe, Paineel, Cabilis, Kael and Thurgadin.
    5. Beneficial buff spells will not work on characters 20 levels lower than the caster.
    6. Each character will be assigned an "alignment" upon creation. This alignment will be described in brief on the character creation screen (in the same location their Deity is described).
    7. Each character will be able to change their alignment once any time after they reach 10th level if they choose. A character is not required to change alignments, but may do so any time after attaining 10th level. The player will be able to choose from a list of alignments based on their race, class and deity.
    8. A character's alignment will determine whether or not they can group or guild with other characters. A character's alignment will determine an experience bonus or penalty when grouping with other characters. A character's alignment will determine if they can cast beneficial spells on other characters (including resurrections).
    9. Language skills will improve only through group chat in the same zone and from /say.
    10. Languages will only improve 1 point each hour and will be capped at level*5+5 skill points.
    11. Common will not exist. A Human language will be added and only made easily available to certain races.
    12. One character per account.
    13. The Trivial Loot Code will be in effect in all zones.
    14. Very few items will be No-Drop. Exceptions will include things such as newbie notes and epic weapons.
    15. Bind Affinity will be restricted for all characters to locations where melee characters can bind on other servers.
    16. /emote will be language specific
    17. All characters will be /roleplay.
    18. /alignment will display the alignment of your character and probably a more detailed description of that alignment.