Why Are Krono So Expensive on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Korzu111, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Scruff Elder

i'm not sure you even play on mangler when i see posts like this, and i usually like your posts

there were two notorious 16+ box crews parked at ice giants and hill giants for over two straight months during mangler's classic, completely uninterrupted, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
    i don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that these two automated teams, in that time period, farmed at least several million platinum before kunark came out. that's a lot of bread!
  2. Nolrog Augur

Many people are trying to explain how or why things are happening, but (as TLP Addict said) the bottom line is that the EverQuest economy is subject to the exact same laws of economics as any other free market.

If demand goes up or supply goes down, then prices go up. If demand goes down or supply goes up, then prices go down. Increasing platinum supply also causes inflation. Everything else is trying to explain why there is more demand or why there is more platinum, but that is the root cause.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. squidgod Augur

I've got 70 Krono accumulated over my time on Lockjaw, Agnarr, and now Mangler, and yeah, I don't need to sell them in game because there's nothing worth buying (at current prices).

Given the recent news about Daybreak, people definitely shouldn't buy krono (from DBG, for cash) until things get sorted out.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Drayman Elder

Because people will pay it.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Brunlin Augur

I suspect that Mangler is probably the most populated TLP to date. This means there is more plat in game. With more people, plat and higher demand = Kronos being worth more.