Test Update 07/10/2019 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Mr. Froo Developer

With the patch tonight we were able to fix a number of the proc spells but not all of them. We're aware of this and continuing to update them. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Sancus and Brohg like this.
  3. Repthor Augur

Spike of Anger:
    - Spell Name changed from 'Self Preservation VII' to 'Spike of Anger'
    - Berserker Level changed from '254' to '255'
    - Target changed from 'Self' to 'Single'
    - Spell Type changed from 'Beneficial: Not Blockable' to 'Detrimental - Resist: Magic -200'
    - Slot 1 changed from '90% Chance to Cancel Aggro on NPCs up to Level 94. Cast Evader's Temporary Sanctuary on Success' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 6660'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Stun for 2s' to 'Decrease Hate by 44400'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Set Yourself To End of NPC Rampage List (100% Chance)' to 'Increase Current Hate by 1%'
    - Group id changed from '16807' to '0'
    - Spell Range changed from '0' to '300'
    - Spell Icon changed from [IMG] to [IMG]

- Requires Item ID 1 changed from '0' to '-1'
    - Requires Item ID 2 changed from '0' to '-1'
    - Requires Item ID 3 changed from '0' to '-1'
    - Timer Type changed from 'AA' to ''
    - Description changed from 'You are stunned for 2 seconds and have a 90% chance for level 94 and lower NPCs to completely forget about you. If you are more than 30 feet away from your attackers you will be blessed with temporary sanctuary.' to 'Strikes your target, doing up to 6660 damage and angering them.'

i think the field that states Decrease Hate by 44400. should read increase hate by 44400

also it whould be nice if the decription of the proc on the item it gets attached to whould state the amount of added hate it gives together with the amount of damage it doe so its easy to see what the proc does

info taken from eqresource so head nod to them
  4. Repthor Augur

- Spell Name changed from 'Self Preservation XVIII' to 'Devout Rune'
    - Berserker Level changed from '254' to '255'
    - Spell Type changed from 'Beneficial: Not Blockable' to 'Beneficial: Blockable'
    - Slot 1 changed from '90% Chance to Cancel Aggro on NPCs up to Level 105. Cast Evader's Temporary Sanctuary on Success' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 22200 damage has been absorbed'
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Stun for 1s' to ''
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Set Yourself To End of NPC Rampage List (100% Chance)' to ''
    - Group id changed from '16807' to '0'
    - Spell Icon changed from [IMG] to [IMG]

- Requires Item ID 1 changed from '0' to '-1'
    - Requires Item ID 2 changed from '0' to '-1'
    - Timer Type changed from 'AA' to ''
    - Duration changed from '0' to '1100'
    - Description changed from 'You are stunned for 1 second and have a 90% chance for level 105 and lower NPCs to completely forget about you. If you are more than 30 feet away from your attackers you will be blessed with temporary sanctuary.' to 'A blessed rune protects you from up to 22200 damage.'

22.200 point rune seems a bit to high
  5. Riou EQResource

think that data and the descriptions on item boxes in game is probably because it's being looked at by a level 110 toon (and calculated at that value) instead of it looking at the item level that determines its value instead

Though pretty sure that warrior aggro proc is negative hate instead of positive hate because the # is a - instead of a +
  6. Lianeb Augur

Tbo it looks to me the compair is off on EQR. Though the new numbers appear to show correctly, the comparisons for changes are using the wrong spells to look for change. Maybe there was changes made server side with regards to spell I’d?
  7. Prathun Developer

It looks like it does reduce hate, which may be a bug. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Edit: fixed!

The spellcasting level set in item spell data will determine the rune's yield. It's not meant to use the caster's level.
    Nniki, Riou and Sancus like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Other ones to possibly look at atm are

Remote Healing Blessing - this one seems to have no calc data to scale
    Stunning Snap - this one has a hard coded stun, if they are meant to be 1 and done basically this would need future updated if it is something that can't auto scale
    Vampiric Consumption and Vampiric Draw - these don't seem to have a max heal value allowed like they previously did?
  9. Duder Augur

I don't think this is new, however, it is unclear where existing bugs should be posted.

In fight fire, in regards to killing the final 4 mobs. When they die to a DoT while stunned they do not award faction or exp and their corpses poof. It says You have slain such an such and your task is updated.

I had read some one mention this bug in regards to the corpses poofing if slain by a DoT while they were stunned, which is now exactly what I am seeing.

Kill 1
    [IMG]

Kill 2
    [IMG]

Kill 3
    [IMG]

Kill 4
    [IMG]

In kill 1, the DoT killed him while he was active and not stunned. The remaining 3 died to DoTs while they were stunned.

Those are from the same chat window with the same filters for each kill. The faction messages always precede the exp message which precedes the you have slain message upon a kill of any mob. The "Pyroclasm armor bursts into flame as it contact the ground" and "An efreeti warlord crumples" messages do not seem to appear when they are slain while they are not stunned.

Those messages occurring only on the ones that died to a DoT while stunned would suggest that it is in the design for the corpses to poof if slain by any means while stunned.

The first kill left a corpse (without ANY loot) to decay as normal. When the others died while stunned their bodies evaporated before the death animation is even complete and gave those "bursts into flames" and "crumples" messages which makes me believe that they do in fact poof with any items on their corpses.

So on top of playing the RNG for a rare item, I now have to roll on whether or not they die to a dot?

Please address this is some manner, if the design is such that dying to a DoT while stunned destroys the corpse as suggested by the "bursts into flames" and "crumples" messages then please make that clear in some way. Thank you.
  10. Brohg Augur

That is the normal death message for all fire armors and all efreet, respectively, wherever they're found and regardless of how they die.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Duder Augur

Okie dokie, well I must have been out of range for the first kill to see the message, regardless, the corpses vanish before they even hit the ground, so my conclusion wasn't based on that message alone. It only seemed to be a supporting part when looking at the data, however, if that is the case then that information has nothing to do with any of this. The faction, exp, and vanishing corpses would be the remaining portion. Thankyou Brohg
  12. Duder Augur

Here is the entire readout for those 4 mobs from that window so the messages for death, faction, and exp can all be seen in order.

[IMG]
  13. Absor Developer

Nevermind. Seems that someone figured it out.
  14. Duder Augur

In running it again and paying closer attention it is clear that the corpses poofing occurs because they whipe their aggro when they stun, it drops off extended. When a mob dies with no one aggrod it gives no exp, no faction, no loot. This is what is occurring
  15. Prathun Developer

Aristo made some changes to address these problems. Thanks for pointing them out!
  16. Kroknik1 New Member

Magician fire pets elemental attacks decrease in damage when equipping minion boosting effects (Minion of Darkness, Minion of Chaos, Enhanced Minion etc). Tested out the level 63 child of ro with no enhanced minion effect and the pet conned level 60 with a fire elemental attack damage that was 765. Equipped elaborate summoner's earring with minion of darkness, summoned the same child of ro which conned level 62 with an elemental fire attack damage output of 306. Did the exact same test on the child of fire level 66 pet. Unequipped earring the pet conned 65 with a fire attack of 1053. Equipped earring the pet conned 66 with a fire attack of 575. Tested on the level 73 fire pet essence of fire. Unequipped the pet conned 70 and the fire attack was 2041. Equipped elaborate summoners earring the pet still conned 70 but the fire attack dealt 1548 damage. Core of fire level 78 pet conned 75 unequipped the fire attack does 2334 damage. Equipped Enhanced Minion V earring pet conned 79 and the fire attack dealt 2003 damage. Aspect of fire level 83 pet unequipped conned level 80 and the fire attack deals 3165 damage. Equipped Enhanced Minion V the pet conned 84 and the fire attack dealt 2923 damage.
  17. JustALittleTwitch New Member

There are two Enhanced Minion items at LVL100 that don't seem to be working properly for Necromancer pets (or maybe one is working as intended and the other one isn't?).

I summoned the LVL100 Necromancer pet Unearthed Assassin without any EM items equipped. I conned the pet and it read LVL95.

Next, I equipped the item Shade's Phase (EM XVIII) only and the pet conned LVL99. The appearance of the pet was a very small skeleton that I had not seen previously. The regular max melee hit reached 5,340 and backstabbed for 19,048.
    [IMG]

I then unequipped Shade's Phase and equipped Soulcatcher Earhoop (EM XXIII) only. I conned the pet and it read LVL95. The appearance of the pet changed from the small skeleton to a specter. The regular max melee hit reached 3,298 and backstabbed for 11,744.

Finally, I equipped both Shade's Phase and Soulcatcher Earhoop. The appearance of the pet changed back to the small skeleton. I conned the pet and it read LVL99 again. The regular max melee hit reached 5,340 and backstabbed for 19,048.
  18. Sancus Augur

That isn't a bug. EM 23 has a minimum level of 101:

[36997] Enhanced Minion XXIII
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Pet Power (165)
    2: Limit Max Level: 120 (lose 100% per level)
    3: Limit Min Level: 101

That minimum level applies to the pet spell (not your character's level) so your level 100 pet does not qualify and it is therefore summoning an unfocused pet.
  19. JustALittleTwitch New Member

I definitely overlooked that part on EMXIII. Thank you for the explanation.
  20. Sumteengex Journeyman

test is randomly kicking to char select screen, lagging ... also the for the new world order task on thulisaur island stops responding randomly.. 3 times at the spot after hailing Lyirae the mobs become un attackable even though the task says to kill the 10 of them