Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enclee Augur

I agree with both posters above. I bought TBL on 3 out of 6 accounts, and I regret it. It didn’t really offer anything of value. The AAs and spells/abilities weren’t interesting. I guess having the Luck stat is nice, but it doesn’t seem to be world changing. TBL’s existence seems to be for better gear, but that just gets replaced every year anyways.

A non-level increase expansion needs to have EoK level of impact and TBL just didn’t do it. A level cap bump does make it feel like a must buy, so I’ll probably pick this expansion up on all 6 for the level increase. I wouldn’t want a level increase every year though, because I do like the sideways progression and character development.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Micker Augur

Just give us an expansion with fun zones that aren't frustrating. TBL was way overtuned to start and I think word got out and it scared people off. Would I buy an expansion that I knew I could enjoy a bunch of zones and not get my teeth kicked in or have to struggle through getting flagged, just to see the next zone? Yes please. Stop all the flagging non sense. One end zone, sure why not? But I don't want to buy something that I open and it's got a lock around it that I have to pick. I want to open my toy and play with it. EQ in the beginning didn't have any of that, just one or two end game zones here and there and it was more of a collect items to get in.

When I heard how hard the mobs were in TBL and all the locked zones, I decided not to buy it for any of my 6 accounts. Why bother, I just want to exp and enjoy a couple hours playing here and there, not get beat up by overtuned mobs. I did actually buy it for all my accounts, because I hit 105 and only had TBM, so I bought the expansion to raise my level cap. Haven't even been to TBL, besides for making my armor for some alts and the dissident spell. GMM is a super win and a great addition to the game. Great loot, easy access, good exp, that's worth my money.
  3. Allayna Augur

You buried the lead. You tried to go from TBM to TBL and even then admittedly only for spells and upgraded armor. So you effectively skipped, EoK and RoS and thought the mobs were overtuned? o_O

Like 3K HME gear to 6.6K HME gear with a huge jump in heroic stats from type 5s as well.

I’m always astonished that people expect to bypass multiple expansions and have a “laid back” experience in the latest and greatest EQ expansion.
  4. smash Augur

Feels like you want a key for give me free items, instead of actually work for it. How can you expect 3 expansions later that the difficulty of mobs not to be a lot harder.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

If this thread gets to 1000 replies by Saturday, there is a 0.0000001 percent chance that the max level will remain 110. The dev who changed the melee tank belt based off of my request to get the caster belt changed told me this at dinner last night.

Come on Forum Quest, you can do it!
    Lubianx and Mintalie like this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Actually he stated "when I heard" meaning after reading the reviews and responses on the forums I would assume they realized TBL would be a waste of money based on their play style. I too felt the same way after reading the reviews and responses. Forced progression from the start no thank you. Multiple complaints about how difficult it was for many people to even get past the trials just to actually experience the product you paid for no thank you. There is nothing to suggest the poster would not have paid for the expansion from the start, gained levels, outfitted his toons with more updated gear like the ROS TS gear and then attempted TBL had it been designed more around their playing style.

What I will be astonished by is the day when there are not enough players left to support this game or at least yearly expansions and the elitist crowd is scratching their backside with disbelief wondering why. This is not a job its entertainment. I get it that challenging content should be in this game but this game also needs something for the more laid back crowd. I don't think casuals are asking for an entire watered down expansion just something a little more forgiving from the start that they feel like they actually are getting something for their money. Remove this experience for these folks and they just wont spend their money on the game which in the end means less sales, less staff, and less content for the git gud crowd to enjoy.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For me I will buy less expansions as I will spend more time concentrating on my main and not my alts as she will have a lot more to do and I won't have time for them. So come December I will be purchasing 1 instead of 3 expansions, had the next been a non level expansion I would possibly have purchased 5.

The main groups and raids with others, while the alts get boxed. :) I like to mix it up.
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

But you only stated come December you won't buy it, will you buy it later in the year? Unless you don't want to box in the newer expansion at all and forget your alts for an entire year. :p
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree someone expecting to go from TBM to TBL can't comment on over tuning since they are under geared but I do think some of TBL was overtuned. But since he got it for only one account I assume his experiences were while in groups with others who may have been adequately geared. On the other hand it sounds like he six boxes and if I was to upgrade one account out of six it would be my tank. An under geared tank is going to have a lot of problems no matter the tuning of TBL. Need more information.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I could see him having a group of people whom he previously grouped with in the TBM content with that one account he got the expansion for and all of them made the same jump and were promptly pounded into the ground for being under-geared.

I think it is a mistake to do a level increase this year, and that doing it next year would have been a better choice. But this is a done deal. At this point in time they are too far into the process to change gears and put out anything that is not at GoD launch levels of unbalanced. Most of the complaints about TBL are also due to people not wanting to do the actual content in order to get access to the gear from what I'm reading and that makes me wonder why they need the gear at all then.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Most of the complaints abotu TBL are due to people not wanting to do the content to get the gear? We must be reading different forums. The TBL content being overtuned sure. GMM being a 20th anniversary loot pinata sure... but I don't see a majority of complaints being about people not wanting to do the content but get the gear anyway.
  12. code-zero Augur

My observation of TBL was that a lot of the criticism came from people, particularly tanks, who had gotten spoiled to being able to grab half a dozen or so mobs with no crowd control at all and nothing much in the way of support outside of slows getting facerolled and whining about it.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would disagree. Sure you get some like that every expansion but I think its a big exaggeration to say a lot. Just my opinion.
  14. bigpapa Augur

TBL zones are dead zones for the most, except those who need to do progressions / kill nameds to get type 19 aug's . and collectibles.
    I see everyday some looking for more for fight fire to try to get a chance for an evolving item, and that's it.
    frontier mountain ( eok ) and GMM on the opposite are very popular . we all know why.

I did all TBL progressions btw , some of my friends stopped to play because of all zones being blocked , and specially from smoke trials.

I am ok for a level increase, but I hope they do at least tier one zones to be much easier, for the health of the game.............
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

What I’m tired of seeing is the misinformation that zones are locked behind progression in TBL.

Do 1 mission in relic to get the amazing port clicky lamp. Campfire or banner into Mearatas and Aalishai. Now click from Mearatas to Esianti (one way if not flagged), click from Aalishai to Empyr (one way if not flagged)....

1 mission and 3 friends and you can get to every single zone without completing a single smoke trial.

So quit hiding behind the excuse that zones are too hard/progression locked behind smoke trials...it’s simply not true.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and code-zero like this.
  16. Derresh Augur

[IMG]
  17. Allayna Augur

Too true. We found the underlying issue.
  18. TheStugots Augur

Seriously? Your outlook is a bit off.

You say do 1 mission in relic which is chamber of tears. Anyone who can run that mission doesn’t need the amazing clicky it rewards. It’s just a convenience after the fact.

Someone still has to be progressed enough to request that mission. So the 3 friends you speak of are still locked behind progression until they can get there.

Or they can beg for a TA to said mission, but then they still need friends who can put a campfire down in those zones. Friends who are progressed enough to be in those zones.

I’m definitely not saying anything in TBL is too hard, as I was done with all progression in December, but to try to say zones aren’t locked behind progression is just asinine.

I agree with most of what you post, but this take is way off and just dumb.
  19. smash Augur

Maybe you should know more about what you actually talk about.

The chamber is locked behind progres so 1 u know need to have done progression to take it.

Second there is need of 3 to place campfire, they need to have done progression.

Third, you cannot hunt in posmoke for nameds unless you won all mission in there, nor can u get collections.
  20. Allayna Augur

Correction, so in reality 1 zone PoS static is locked behind progression...literally TA’d my level 90 toon to get the lamp with zero progression. Each individual is not locked out of zones, you can campfire or banner, something unheard of in previous expansions such as TDS...

I’m just saying, there’s a lot of QQ for the amount of ease allowed by the developers in the Burning Lands.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.