Mangler: With Velious nearly a month away...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ProgressionFreak, Jul 11, 2019.

1. ProgressionFreak Augur

We've come back to the question of what to do about Kerafyrm. The following guilds have declared that it will not be their intent to wake him.

Pals
    Magic and Melee
    Mess
    Phoenix Ascendant
    Bloodthirst
    Knightmare
    Planar Expedition

I still firmly believe that it would be an epic adventure for all guilds to partake in a sort of "treaty" to keep him sleeping until late Planes of Power where we can come together and attempt to fight him in order to achieve what has only been accomplished once before.

If you would like to add your guild to this list, or you find your guild's name listed in error, please contact Mafakka in game or post here.

Thank you.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  2. GlareAgnarr Journeyman

The reason a "treaty" between guilds will never work is he can be woken by a small group of players for "lulz". It only takes 18 people to wake him (Probably even less if you have the patience for 4x 45m+ fights). Guilds can "pledge to not wake him", but if 2-5 people boxing decide they want to wake him, then he will be awoken, even if those people are members of guilds that said they wont wake him. Threatening these people with a "guild kick" or anything wont matter, because the damage of waking him will be done, and if that ultimately is their goal, then they are going to do it anyway. It was crazy how long he was left sleeping on Coirnav, and it'd be nice to see a repeat, but I don't see that happening on Mangler.

/2c
  3. Relentless Insomnia

Hi Mafakka,

I don't think Bloodthirst agreed to anything yet. Which leads me to believe that this list probably contains other inaccurate statements.
  4. Imukai Augur

A simple solution would be to make ST a PVP+ area, then the rest of you can help defend the sleeping chromatic.
  5. taliefer Augur

a repeat of coirnav, at least, would be nice.

noone will ever convince me post awakened sleeper is anything but a wasteland, outside of one quest with a marginally useful clicky, and even that is nowhere near worth the tradeoff
  6. taliefer Augur

7. Relentless Insomnia

Taliefer shhh....we need to act tough in front of these guys :rolleyes:
  8. Meridian Augur

ok, cool.
  9. yerm Augur

What is so special about pre awakened st?
  10. Relentless Insomnia

[IMG]
    Gana and yerm like this.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Have you ever seen a Scepter of Destruction? A Salindrite Dagger? A Writ of Dragokin? A Shroud of Longevity? A gnome illusion mask?

All of these things are pre-awakened ST only.

They're available in extremely limited quantities on Phinny, non-existent on Agnarr as far as I know, and available but still limited on Coirnav.

Not only are they really nice items, they're super high value tradable (except for Shroud of Longevity), and ultimately fondly remembered chase items from the past.

While on one hand it's RMT heaven, everyone benefits by having Sleepers Tomb 1.0 loot. 2.0 loot is objectively worse with the only thing of real value being Avatar weapons that also drop in 1.0, albeit with different names.
  12. ProgressionFreak Augur

Sorry sir it was PC Guild and I bunched RI in with them. Strangely, I can not edit the original post
  13. Xanathol Augur

Waking the Sleeper only helps the RMTers because it keeps the pre-awaken drops super rare. If ST is in the pre-awaken phase, anyone can possible get these items but once woken, the item values skyrocket.

I wish DBG would just disable the script already, at least until Luclin opens, if not later (or forever). It servers no purpose.
  14. yerm Augur

Only the sol is useful as a raid item. You effectively are farming a zone for avatar procs either way, and in one you get a bunch of sellable/twink gear plus 25% less of the weapons in open world, while in the other you don't have to leave a dragon up and get some actual side loot possibly used by the people actually there, eg id3 mask. The only big loss from awakening is the sol.

I've gone through this before. People who you want to hear themselves trying to score twink items to sell. Drama over SoDs as people claim they need them for agro (bs) and they disappear. It sucks. Post awakening, its a nice raid zone for getting your actual raid force some gear.

They could do the opposite: make dropped st loot (as opposed to nobles purchases) be nodrop to stifle the rmt sales.

If you go back far enough in my post history you can find me defending pre awakened. Experience has changed my mind and changed it to very firmly against. Meanwhile, mangler has a WAY bigger rmt reputation than what jaded me... if you think a server full of folks looking for p2w loot won't cause your raiders to see dollar signs you are nuts. Do yourselves a favor and pop him asap.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Waking the sleeper hurts the rmt actually. Nothing to sell means nothing to rmt.

The whole notion of leave the sleeper up plays perfectly into rmt gameplan because they can farm enough to sell and then wake it to protect their investment.

The best solution I've seen is simply make an aoc with pre and post awakened sleeper. Infinite supply is the best defense to rmt at this point.
    oldkracow likes this.
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If I have the time, I plan to roll on mangler when velious launches and wake the sleeper.
  17. ProgressionFreak Augur

Nixon's "War on Drugs" failed..

Food for thought.
  18. ProgressionFreak Augur

Should just make OW Sleepers a PVP "everything goes" enabled zone imo
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  19. Chopsuey Augur

Make all raid loot no trade.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  20. DeseanJackson Augur

That would be highly entertaining and fun.