[Request] For Combos That ALREADY Exist...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, Jul 8, 2019.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

A few years back, Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks were added to the game. Could Daybreak please go back and add proper class GM's and a tome/spell vendor to the racial home cities and allow that as an option for these Race/Class combos?

If so, it would be great if we could see Wood Elf Beastlords unlock with Luclin and Froglok Monks unlock with Legacy of Ykesha on Progression servers. It would be neat to add a little more variety. (And it'll make them not feel like outcasts to their own people. lol.)
  2. Ruhi Augur

halfling paladins and rangers were around on first few tlp's and then they gated them to their proper timeline of release (some time after ragefire) - highly doubt they'll roll back on that since they initiated the change to begin with.
  3. LDEffectsMe Augur

I get that, but Halfling Paladins and Rangers were at least "integrated" into the game. Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks were simply assigned to Crescent Reach because it was easier and didn't require making any new NPC's, a newbie note, a newbie tunic/amulet, etc.. They feel out of place the way that they were done. (Not to mention they didn't follow the same formula for determining the base statistics that the other Races did...)

And also, Halfling Paladins and Rangers come along when it's still fairly early on in the Progression Expansions cycle... By the time Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks make their way into the game, most progression servers are "dead" for lack of a better term. It would be nice to actually be able to play these Race/Class combos while the progression servers still have a population to group with. They added them to EverQuest, let them become a proper part of EverQuest.

For instance, Agnarr stopped at LDoN... Which means that even if that server lasts 20 years (only an example) it will never get Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks, despite the fact that they have both Races and Classes, they can't make the combo due to Crescent Reach being required.

(And PS: Devs, if you do read this, it would be extremely cool if you added the ability for the Froglok Monks to worship Innoruuk too. This game could use more Evil monks. ;) )
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If Development time > 30 minutes, the magic 8 ball says Unlikely.
  5. Ruhi Augur

i fully understand what you're saying and asking for, i just gave you the realist answer is all. Flavor in class/race combo is always nice.
  6. LDEffectsMe Augur

I know. And you're not wrong... But I still hold out hope that the devs will do something nice and unexpected for the fans. ;)
  7. taliefer Augur

wood elf beastlords winning that poll was an absolute travesty
    Yinla and Machentoo like this.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Woodelf TREElords are an abomination.
    Roxas MM and Yinla like this.
  9. Imukai Augur

As much as I am a woodelf purist -- having a treant as a pet vs, say, a wolf.. or a fae drake.. was as big of a mistake as taking away the croc and giving a basilisk to trolls.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. LDEffectsMe Augur

I actually grew to like my basilisk... But at least that was a beast. Regardless, they added the Race/Class combo... Problem is, typically everyone already has a Beastlord/Monk by the time these two options become available. It would be nice to see them unlock at the same time as their respective expansions on Progression.
  11. Machentoo Augur

There is no way they actually won. I completely lost confidence in SoE's ability to tell us the truth at that point. Every poll since then has been suspect.

Prime example, the "tie" vote to unlock GOD with several thousand players voting.
  12. OliverQ Elder

I want a gnome monk so bad! WoW has it, EQ should do it too!