Will we ever see..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crowley, Jun 19, 2019.

1. potatoface Journeyman

Not having a bunch of PCs in a hot room is a huge plus.
    Machentoo likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Absolutely. My computer room has, on average, run 10-15 degrees hotter than the rest of my house since Truebox was introduced. I would LOVE to change that and stilll be able to box on the more popular progression servers. Of course I could just cheat, like most people do, but so far I haven't pulled the trigger on VM's etc.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I have one PC and 4 laptops. I can't say I really notice the heat in that room vs. others. OTOH, I live in Vegas so the extra A/C needed to cool my office is likely a rounding error on a $600-700 power bill (in the summer).
  4. Gromden New Member

I can tell you that you need a serious overhaul of your entire HVAC system if you are having that high of a bill. Either that or you have your thermostat set at 60 and it runs non stop.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

My house isn't huge (2900 sq. ft.) but I have 3 air conditioners. House was built in 2002 and the AC units are original. House has 6" walls and gas-filled double pane windows. My wife is home all day and likes it cold. She often sets the AC to 70 degrees until I catch her and turn it back up. ;) Average highs in Vegas this time of year are probably 108 and 115 is not uncommon. It's all of the above, really. I could certainly benefit from new AC units but I won't do that until I'm forced to.
  6. Gromden New Member

Your first sentence says enough lol. I don't care if it is 115. Also your AC units are out of date most likely next year when they stop making the refrigerant ( R-22 is gone next year ) unless they are 410 but i doubt it with units that old.

Square footage doesn't mean a whole lot. It matters but without a manual J i can't say for sure what your house's needs are AC wise. I'd bet you have ductwork ( needs a manual D to get it right ) and your ACs are oooolld and just like cars new ones would help tremendously...even low end ones. Add in insulation and that house could be closer to 70 while lowering your monthly bill tremendously.
  7. Gremin Augur

I had my houses ductwork completely redone, huge difference in my bill and load on my AC. Did my single pane windows following year, another 20% drop on my bill. Then got Solar. Game over man, game over.
  8. Riggles Journeyman

Stop.
    yerm likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Truebox is killing the environment and contributing to Global Warming. I like where this is going. DBG, get rid of truebox before I call Greenpeace!
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Edit: nm