Test Update 07/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Xenro Involute

Just sampled a few dispels on ZAM and they are listed as spell type: beneficial.
  2. Truetotheblue Augur

Absolutely will, looking through the spell details Recant Magic, Alenia's Disenchanting Melody, Strip Enchantment. Annul Magic just 4 quick samples, all listed as beneficial.
  3. Lallainye New Member

Can you not? There's more valid uses for rezzing after charm and cothing after charm than just shitlording mobs.
  4. Brohg Augur

Are those valid uses definitely still exploits that a developer wouldn't appreciate being made aware of?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Accepting a resurrection should not break charm, but the pet should poof like all other pets.

Call of the hero should still work for charm pets unless you are going to stop all pets being CoHed and druids and bards should be a pet spell the same as chanters.

Also some of the charmable mobs could do with being relocated so they are more spread out through out a zone, so you don't have to run halfway accoss the zone to find one.
  6. smash Augur

You wrong in everything you say. All of this is done to prevent exploiters, which is good. This will also minimize the resources dgb are using on catching cheaters/exploiters/chars that harass others.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These changes fundimentally change the game from Kunark, many zones only have charmable mobs in the early part of the zone, put there so druids, bards, chanters and necros had mobs to charm, not being able to coh them back to group and not redistributing the charmable mobs through out the zones stops these classes for doing something they have done for nearly 20 years.

But I still believe a pet is a pet regardless, be it is summoned or charmed and both should be treated the same.

Not quite sure how you can exploit charming a pet and being cohed, what difference does it make if that pet is set on mobs where is was charmed of set on mobs in a different area? :rolleyes:
  8. smash Augur

Sure you know how it can be exploited, which has been described various subjects. Have runes on, have person preparing a coh, then run in charm a mob while geting hit, and then get the coh and you drop aggro + have your charmed mob back with back safely.

This has been major problem on the TLP servers, so imo it is the correct solution.
    There is major difference btween a summoned and a charmed, it is part of you as u summoned iit, and it will turn on you, the charmed will turn on you as soon the charm breaks.

And just because it has been used for a number of years, means it should be continued, it has shown to be a big problem, so it should be removed the possibility.
  9. Lallainye New Member

I guess we can all look forward to Daybreak continuing to strip out unique mechanic after unique mechanic until all that's left is playing melee for effectiveness.
  10. Brohg Augur

Funny, that's the oddest spelling of "clear exploit I was completely aware was an exploit I've been exploiting" I've seen in a long time.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

If you make it impossible to dispel charm pets, you need to flag a significant number of mobs as uncharmable - both nameds and PH's.