Better Loot for Mearatas?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wudanar, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Wudanar Journeyman

In the past final much harder events always had loot that stood out amongst the rest of the expansion. I'm left wondering why, with how hard Mearatus is, it doesn't have loot a tier above the rest.
  2. Cicelee Augur

When was the last time that the final raid event had a different, higher tier of loot than previous tiers?
  3. Warpeace Augur

Hmm, last years final raid event was a cake walk. However it did have that sexy mount to keep you coming back.
    Axxius, Yinla and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

The thrill of victory is not good enough?
  5. Axxius Augur

Last few expansions:
    • CotF: Nothing special from the final tiers. PoWar stand-alone raid: nice augs.
    • TDS: Arx Mentis 5 unlocked Venenium on the vendor, but it was regularly dropping from two other events, and it was never really valuable until... Mearatas.
    • TBM: The eyes of Sul from the final event.
    • EoK: Nothing special from Kor'Sha.
    • RoS: The best mount and trophy from Talendor.
    • TBL: Nothing special from Mearatas.
    So it's a hit and a miss. Sometimes there are valuable rewards from the final raid, other times nothing special.
    IMO Mearatas definitely deserved a special rewards though.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Where as I kind of agree, I can say the epeen is one of the best rewards mearatas has given a lot of us in several years in and of itself.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

UEE win should immediately award the title: “the Girthy”.
    Elyssanda and Sancus like this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

We should all get the title....The Saint....for putting up with that hell and sticking thru it to finally get it down. Kudos to all the members of "the Saint" squad
  9. Eyezing Lorekeeper

I'll accept "the Girthy Saint"
    Elyssanda and Allayna like this.
  10. Dewey Augur

So you say nothing, but I see access to the best in slot gear for 4 slots.

You can't fully evolve the gloves, feet, shoulders, ring items without all the challengers done. Including the Mearatas ones.

You say nothing. I say access to the best in slot gear for 4 items. That reward is a lot better than a fast mount and a guild trophy.
  11. Allayna Augur

Gear is replaced each expansion, trophies aren't. So I'll disagree on this point. The mount was a niche item as a fastest mount in game. Also, you don't just get access to T6 items from beating mearatas. You have to complete every single raid achievement in the expansion.
  12. Deillusional Augur

for level 6 items you need everything in the tbl section checked hunter, collects, not just tbl raid achievements. I slack on some of the group game achievements and I can’t get the tier 6 item with having all raid achievements.

If only they were available with just the raid achievements !
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Dewey Augur

Yes. Everyone know that you need other things. However, the achievements of mearatas are tied to it. Therefore, you can think of it as the reward. Since you can't do it without it.
  14. Lianeb Augur

You also can't beat Mearatas without getting them.
    Ie....they are still broken and autogrant
  15. Allayna Augur

You can beat mearatas and not get the T6 items.

You need completionist of the expansion. That is obviously not a reward for beating mearatas but for completing the expansion. Apples, meet oranges.
  16. Sithsonn Elder

In a way it is tho, how many people do you think are waiting on a mearatas win to upgrade their items. But i get it, not just given for beating UEE