Lag increases after multiple attempts in Raid zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Verily Tjark, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

Why does lag increase after multiple attempts at raids in the same zone? Like my lag gets worse with each GMM raid. No lag on dragon and then little lag on museum, and more lag on whirlender. My lag gets progressively worse on Mearatas attempts too, after a couple of runs I can barely move and what not.

Yes, I delete my log file and have the Windows Defender thing done. Anything else I'm missing?
  2. Sancus Augur

Have you tried doing /clearall?

It may be an unrelated phenomena, but I've noticed on my FV mage I have to do /clearall a couple times a night to alleviate fairly severe FPS lag. Interestingly, his UI is nearly identical (a direct, if slightly dated, copy/paste) to that of my Xegony mage, who doesn't have the same issue. The only difference between their UI's is I use tabs for melee/spell spam on Xegony. I didn't have any issues of this nature on either server prior to the introduction of tabs.

I also have issues with server lag on both servers lengthening GCD's and such, but that has no impact on my FPS.
  3. Allayna Augur

Yesterday’s lag was atrocious and I’m talking server side lag. On the generals, we had 4 move general emotes in 18 seconds and zero from 100-54. Like the script rubber banded to catch up. Personally, I blame the increased traffic from 76% rare, faction and exp.
  4. Endaar Augur

Yet on BB we did Generals last night and for once, didn't have any noticeable lag. Pretty annoying when an event is basically won or lost on whether the instance is running smoothly.
  5. Colonel Zuppendaff New Member

I was having the same issue. It got so bad at one point I just had to leave the raid entirely and go outside. But -- I fixed the problem. I use old original character models, absolute lowest graphics settings, hide AFK players and turned off all nonsense like others' spells, misses, etc everything that I could turn off. It is much better and smoother. Server side lag -- well dunno what to do about that.....
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Thanks for all the input. I've done that too. I just think if it was a graphic thing it would be affecting me on every raid, but I'm not a tech so idk much about how all that works.

I only have issues when doing multiple raids in the same zone, and the first raid in the zone I have no lag whatsoever which is what has me baffled.
  7. Mintalie Augur

/clearall works wonders, but doesn't fix everything...

I always have crippling lag on the first GMM event. So last night I turned GINA off (since there aren't any critical emotes for that tank and spank) and voila I had zero lag. I had tried turning off the parser before and that didn't fix the issue, but for whatever reason turning GINA off did.

I really do wish they could permanently figure out a way to fix the myriad lag issues, though.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If you use GINA to auto archive or delete you log file every week , the day before your raids, then you would see significant improvement on lag. IE smaller log file = less lag when EQ or gina opens the entire log to write to it or read from it.

Also you can put your DPS window behind another window, but don't minimize it.
    Minimized chat windows now = Huge lag
  9. Mintalie Augur

I actually end up archiving basically after every raid now just to ensure I'm doing everything possible to help.

Someone told me that minimized window trick a while back too. Don't understand it, but I unminimized all of them.
  10. Lianeb Augur

I don’t know if it still holds true or not but EQ never ran good for me on the any of the lowest graphics settings. I know it sound counter intuitive but try utilizing the second lowest settings, and see how it works. If this does still hold true keep in mind that if the game ever crashes due to a video issue it will automatically start the next time at the lowest settings.
  11. Duder Augur

To my understanding it has to do with the more recent changes that came in with tabs, The blink active chat window option, the client now checking every new line of text to assign a notification to whichever window/tab. But I don't know that for certain, makes sense in my mind though.

If the window/tab is not shrunk/or another tab is not active, there is no need for it to check for that alert, its immediately presented.
  12. Mintalie Augur

Would that be the Memory Mode on the Advanced Options under Display?
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

I delete my log file before each raid night. I know it's a bit excessive, but just been trying different things...

I do have 1 window minimized. I will change that and play with it.

I tried the /clearall last night but when do you do that? Before each fight? During fight?

I will double check my video settings, but I'm still stuck on if it's a graphic issue why wouldn't I lag all the time in every raid? Idk, worth looking at again though.

I really do appreciate the input. Prob doing Mearatas tonight so I should get to test some of these ideas!
  14. Lianeb Augur

Yes, Try the middle one balanced
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

So far it's looking like /clearall may be the winner. We ran out of time for a 3rd Mearatas attempt tonight, but lag was significantly better on attempt #2.

Before fight, I lowered my max FPS (not really sure if this helped, but was about the only other graphic thing I could turn down). I un-minimized my spam junk chat window and moved it to a tab behind my main chat. I deleted my log file like usual and did a /clearall before raid started.

EQ was running better all around. On 2nd attempt of Mearatas, lag was still non-existent so I started undoing things to see if it changed. I turned my FPS back to full, detached my junk tab and minimized it. And I still had no lag.

So I'm guessing maybe /clearall did the trick? idk... maybe this will help someone else.
    kizant likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

And this is why we play FQ.
  17. Mintalie Augur

18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

if you want to test what the minimized spam window does, play one event with it not minimized , then try the next 3 events with it minimized. If i do , i see a signifficant lag when dps burns going. so my spam window is behind other windows