Large groups and quest progress

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lilianae, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Lilianae New Member

Hello, returning player here:

So, a large-scale group I play D&D with recently started up on EQ with a couple of the members after a friend and I were talking about it.

We have 7 (and counting) members for our little "guild" so far, but we've run into a bit of a snag. Up until this point we've been playing everyone through the tutorial with myself and the other veteran offering to help guide them/be backup for the (group) quests in the mines.

Once everyone is level 10 and out of the mines we plan to start grouping up and doing quests/grinding zones/etc. My question is this:

Is there a way to get members of other groups to count for quest progress? I know from experience that if you group kills a monster your entire group gets progress for it and no one else does. (I.E. If a quest says kill 10 goblins and your group kills 1 your entire group gets 1/10 goblins for the quest, and anyone who helped you doesn't get any) Is there a way around this? I thought there might be some kind of command or some way to trick the system (like if the killing blow was what determined who got the monster we could let a member of the second group get the killing blow so members of group 2 would get the progress point).

I've tried looking this up everywhere I could but can't find any solutions. I thought a Fellowship might be the answer but all I've found is that you can just have people opt in/out on sharing exp. We wouldn't mind grinding zones for quests that are just "Kill X of *Insert enemy type here*" but when it comes to quests with named enemies we'd rather only kill them 1 time then have to kill them and wait 20 minutes for them to respawn and do it again.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Lilianae
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Some quests you can get the credit just for tagging the mob even if your group doesn't get credit for the kill, but for things like needing drops or to do turn-ins, you're basically out of luck.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

You can form a raid.

Note: one problem with that, mercs are not allowed in raids. But with 7 people, you should not need mercs.
  4. Madblood New Member

From my experience folks have to be grouped to get credit, but to be fair I am also returning so there may be exceptions that I don't know of.

Not to hijack the topic, but which server are you guys playing on? I recently came back and am looking for a group of folks to progress through the game with, chat with and just socialize. Being sub 100 is a lonely world out there, haha.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Another thing to consider is that in many circumstances 6 person groups will kill stuff so quickly that it might not be as fun for some people as a 3 or 4 person groups. So if everyone is online, splitting into 2 groups that fight in different areas might be totally fine.
  6. Lilianae New Member

Alright, thanks guys!
    We're also on Vox Madblood, but like I said we're all a D&D group that plays on Roll20 so having extras that aren't part of the D&D crew may not fly. I'd have to ask.
  7. Madblood New Member

Hey not a problem! Just thought I would throw it out there :) Have a great time and safe travels!
  8. Grove Augur

Reiterate what Scorpio said. Form a raid. The experience goes way down, but all get credit.