Rare Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AcemoneyFV, Jul 6, 2019.

1. AcemoneyFV Augur

I just finished my VoA Hunter and realized we still have a few days left of increased rare spawns.

Instead of moving onto the next expansion, I'm wondering if with the little time left I should focus on harder to get spawns. Maybe some rares with a super low % to spawn in an HA or something? I'm trying to do every Hunter ach. in game (from all expansions), so any monsters that are super rare is welcomed as a suggestion. :)
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

would just concentrate on the not so rare ones as the real hard ones are like 1% and wont be hard press to spawn although you could get lucky. if I was you I do the ldon hunter if you haven't as the dungeon slayer was the hardest hunter by far for me to get.

Andarriel
    Skewert and AcemoneyFV like this.
  3. Muvandog Journeyman

Speaking of rare spawns, is that actually still happening? Yes, I know it was announced that it will be active until noon Monday July 8, but is it really still happening?

Rares were popping left and right on Thursday. I didn't play as much Friday but saw a couple. Saturday has been.. back to normal? Confirmed by other players seeing hours-long spans between rares.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Still happening.
  5. Jondalar Augur

42 phers and counting without one this morning....
  6. feeltheburn Augur

working as intended
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  7. Jondalar Augur

#50 spawned a name. Since then a total of 4 hours. 4 named.
  8. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I have not learned the Field of Bone method of spawning rare MOBs. I've followed the hints and tips on Alla, but after spending ALL of my 76% increase time in that zone (since July 4th), not a single rare MOB has spawned.

If anyone has a secrets, please let me (us) know!
  9. AcemoneyFV Augur

Same with Dunedigger. Nothing I do seems to spawn this guy.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Some mobs are about figuring out the correct spawn cycle. A high level ranger alone in a zone is best for that. Sure helps if spawn cycle in question has another distinctive less-rare. Quillmane took my ranger a couple days to figure out. Felia in Skyfire also took some time. But once you got the right cycle, you can get that rare multiple times in a short period.
  11. Ninelder Augur

a_lesser_nightmare - Lavastorm Mountains.

Six weeks an average of 84 hours per week(two people taking it in shifts.)

Next hardest- Xorbb in Gorge of King Xorbb - 10 days 12 hours per day, but the next guy got him down in ~4days(unsure how many hours.)
  12. Ninelder Augur

I should of added. In original EQ, Kunark, and Velious the bonus spawn rates for double spawn or whatever do not work. Ngreth said as much on one of the hunter threads. Many of the mobs have insane(sadistic, like the Saw movies level of sadistic) crazy weird spawn mechanics. It is not just kill and wait. Many of the zones were then altered, which also mess with these crazy spawn mechanics. In Lavastorm it is the Paladin epic, that interferes with an already incredibly low spawn chance.

The craziest spawn mechanic I have seen was Queen Raltaas in Dragon Necropolis. Even the devs couldn't figure this one out, one of the guys on my server probably the most knowledgeable player on any server(not me!) solved that riddle. Killing the Ph locks the mob from spawning for 36 hours... So you have to not kill anything and wait for her PH to phase into Queen Raltaas. Now that's sadism with a side dish of testicle clamps. Seen a few people waste a week or more before before they either asked me, or read his entries.
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

The zones with instant random mob respawn are the worst.