The tears of Alaris

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Broka, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Broka New Member

Can something be done about lvling this thing Its been 4 months of Grinding im lvl 105 now would like to play other zones but im stuck trying to grind this tear. Id hate to see how bad the 110s have it. As of right now im lvl 9 at 89%. Ive spent all of the xp bonus event to get to 89%
  2. Wulfhere Augur

The best zone to level the tear is Heart of Fear: The Epicenter. Search older posts on this topic for guides and strats.
  3. Monkman Augur

I was always under the impression that evolving exp was not influenced by bonus xp (events/lotd/potions)

I would get 110 first regardless, the gains you will make from 5 levels and AA far outweigh the gain you will receive from the defense
    Mod
  4. Broka New Member

plus 20 overcap defence is great and the higher you lvl the harder it is to lvl the tear. as a bard ive put on higher lvl gear and maybe get 20 ac from a 300 ac item to a 500 ac item and I cant do the 100 zone bards are to squishy and low dps. bearly hanging on in the city of bronze.
  5. Monkman Augur

I could maybe see you wanting this for a tank, but honestly dude... as a bard unless you’re having fun leveling the tear, just go do something else.

The mod also caps at +10 defense

It’s barely parseable, it’s really just a status symbol at this point
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

The tear is like plus 1% avoidance. It's not worth any classes time at this point in the game.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Best way to level it is just suck it up and do the 5 missions.
  8. Broka New Member

missions????
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

10. Wulfhere Augur

I guess you didn't research older posts. The point is that RoF has a 2% chance to drop Fragment of Legendary Alaran History, versus only 1% for VoA, for alaran NPC of sufficent level.

By hunting in ROF, e.g. Shard's Landing, you are doubling your rate of gains. The best place is Epicenter due to mob level and global bonus. It literally takes about 2 weeks to max the charm there, if you can swarm kill. This is far faster then doing the quests too btw.

As a bard you should try charm or TGAE kiting in RoF zones where alarans don't summon.
  11. code-zero Augur

What is TGAE? I've played a bard for almost as long as EQ has been a game and I suppose I'm getting senile as I can't put that together with any of the techniques I know

Nevermind, I remember now :D
  12. AcemoneyFV Augur

Shard's Landing if you want to just kill and not worry about doing those quests above. Maybe two weeks and you'll be done. I'm just now finishing mine at 110.
  13. Sithsonn Elder

oh yeah?
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

I've tried all the locations possible. Epicenter is faster then Shard's Landing, and minus the faction hits. To each their own.