Looking for people to play with.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Enigmbacon, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Enigmbacon New Member

I have concentration issues. Grouping keeps my brain engaged so that I don't get bored. Soloing holds my attention for a limited amount of time (5-10 minutes). Any attempts to find groups are met with "Make a box group". Mercs and boxing are what killed this game. It went from a MMORPG to a single player MMORPG simulator. Any looking for guild statements are met with crickets. Everybody's so entangled in boxing that they forgot what this game used to be all about. For every 1 actual player it seems like there's 5 bots or characters using KissAssist. What's the point in playing a MULTIPLAYER game when 90% of the players aren't even interested in the multiplayer aspect?

I would love to find a person or a group of people that have the ability to teach me what they know about the game so that I can become a better player.

P.S. Already expecting the lern2boxnub and any other reddit level comebacks. I'd like some actual intelligent input for a change.

P.P.S Boxing would be a viable option except for two major points. Concentration issues and every time I try talking to a boxed character it's like they're asocial.
  2. Ebine Augur

First you need to put where you are playing. Are you on FV , live , or TLP. What are the times you are trying to play. I play on a TLP between the times of 7pm pst to 5am pst. Not the whole time but if I am on it usually is between those hours. That said there isn't a lot of people on at that time so yes I do True box 3 chars. I do add people that are looking for groups and help them out. Its kind of funny you should say you get bored. Because playing 1 chars is kind of boring on the other hand playing the game by yourself isn't fun either. I still remember the time I was boxing my chars with another monk /shamen who was pulling. He was suppose to be pulling Juggs and he somehow brought back Trak. Things like that if your by your self aren't as funny. Back to the post are you really asking or just trolling. Just asking because I have no idea what KissAssist is. If your talking to boxes you need to figure out what the main char is that they are boxing and what they are using for support. I have enc/mage/cleric. Enc is main if you want to talk to me its the enchanter I don't really have chat stuff set up for mage/cleric.They are on 75$ laptops on lowest setting. If you post here and are on Coirnav maybe I can help. I am almost max aaxp on all my chars so most likely be playing with my low lvl chars for a while farming supplies.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Enigmbacon New Member

I play on FV (but have lowbies on a multitude of servers plus one heroic that I can remake on whatever server I desire) mainly because I wanted all of my toons on the same server back when they offered free transfers. I play at all different times of the day/night. As far as talking to boxes. I meant my boxes whenever I would decide to attempt to box. Meaning that I can't have a conversation with myself. Well I could, but I always end up pissing myself off. I'll play on any server as long as it's not solo.
  4. Ebine Augur

Are you still doing F2P or are you all access? What class do you play or like to play. Do you like to just group or do you want to get into the raiding side as well.
  5. Enigmbacon New Member

I'm Silver on all of my accounts. Occasionally I will pop a Krono if I feel like playing my tlp toons. I prefer melee, but my main is a 100 mage. I have no intentions of raiding or for that matter progressing gear past what I can use with a Silver account. The whole point is to play and have fun while doing so.
  6. Ebine Augur

I only play on TLP so I won't be able to help you. You might post in looking for family guild. I was on Brell which is now Cazic. I know SR guild has a big raiding guild but also has a family side you can join as well. I haven't been on that server for a while so I can't exactly say how the family side is doing for that guild. I don't know FV very well . I was never a fan of that kind of loot system. Hopefully you find something that makes the game fun for you.
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

Let me know when you get 85+ on a toon that you want to play, you can always join me. I'm constantly just plucking people from General who are LFG. I usually do achs, hunters atm. I'll be starting in RoF soon so the exp. should be pretty good to help you level up to 100 and get some gear if you need it.

My in game name is Knowledge or Saintly. I've made a few friends but most people disappear a few weeks later. :p That's about all I can do for help, unless you just need gear. I can help with the non-prestige best gear for your level.
  8. Enigmbacon New Member

Sounds awesome. I'll make sure to add you in game and will shoot you a tell if I'm in the mood to grind. Is it me or does that last line seem like a shady attempt to bypass the craigslist posting filter and create a personals ad?
  9. Enigmbacon New Member

I forgot to ask. What time do you play Central?
  10. AcemoneyFV Augur

Haha, maybe just a little... it's all free tho!

Yes, I'm in Texas.
  11. Enigmbacon New Member

Hahaha no I meant convert whatever times you play to central time :D
  12. Igorath-Bertox Elder

I would look into another game to play. Grouping is only viable at level 100+. Everquest is on the brink of Sunset and not worth investing time, or god forbid, money into.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So says the guy carrying the sign saying "the end is coming" while running along side the chicken yelling "the sky is falling". OP is level 100 already. He is reaching out to connect and have some fun. Not a debbie downer like others. If you are not having luck or fun in this game then you also can move on and stop investing your time and money into it.

Sorry about the rant - just get tired of seeing people's anti-EQ game comments over and over since the beginning yet the game is still here proving them wrong.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Banaenaes New Member

I'm a returning player too. I've been back for about 2 months now taking it all back in. I've been trying to see if its something I want to subscribe to again but it's hard to say. I have several toons on Xeongy and FV. None over 60 and I've had to learn to box because of lack of actual players that are lfg. It's fun for a but but I'm honestly looking for that group interaction. I'm thinking about subscribing to go on TLP but I'm not sure. I don't have enough time to play for a serious guild just looking to have some fun. I usually play late around 11pm est to whenever depending on the day. Any suggestions would be appreciated
  15. Enigmbacon New Member

Here's a rough estimate of actual populations. At any given time there's usually at least 80 people in Guild Lobby on FV. When i check General chat and General2 chat (on multiple accounts) it usually shows about 280-400 in General chat and 0-380 in general2 chat. Figure for every 6 players there are 5 boxes. Which is a very low actual average because some people are boxing two or three groups. This means that while the server status shows high population, the number of actual players is somewhere around 30-40 (take the pops of 280-400 and minus the 80 in the guild lobby off the bat, then take the remaining number and times it by 1/6) to 120ish. This is why the game is actually dead. There is no playerbase. It's all bot groups and box groups. If most bot groups and box groups are automated this leaves about 5 actual players online at any given time (Slight exaggeration) Also, whenever I check /who all 5-60 ( since most people use level 1-5 characters for bazaar) the results usually come back with me and maybe 5 other people, it all depends on the time of day.
  16. Fluid Augur

Tough levels.

Understand that I hate chat w/o reservations. Lot's of idiots just trying to get a rise out of people with off topic statements meant to provoke a response.

That being said, just put those people on ignore. In game do a
    /who all 50 60
    and that will bring up a list of people of proper levels to group with assuming you want to keep running your characters at that level. It misses the anonymous characters though, so it is a good idea if you don't get satisfaction from the /who, just advertise in the chat LFG.

Once you have a list of players, you can thin it out a bit by using /tell to ask them if they are available to group. Oft times they are indisposed doing things like quests or trade skills, but you may get a bite.

IIRC, you will also get a list of where they are. So lets say you find they are in the Burning Woods, you can just go there and try to join their group.

Look here in the guild forum for a family orientated guild on your server of choice. Chances are you will find like minded people that want to play with others of their ilk.

As something of a last resort, you can ask in the forums and it would probably be good to give a fair amount of information in addition to what you have already stated. For instance server and what characters you would prefer running. i.e. level 58 Bard on FV looking to level up doing the Teek dailys from 6pm to 9pm Pacific time on weekends.

Pickings are pretty slim right now for a f2p live server player. TLP can be fun but playing this week it was mostly people using /follow with 2-3 alternates they were leveling. I still found groups but you have to be proactive starting a group and asking people to join.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget to add in the free players who cannot get into general chats at all because it is not a feature free players get and also the other free players who use Steam -
    https://steamcharts.com/app/205710
  18. Enigmbacon New Member

Right. But free steam players and non steam players all play together and auto join NewPlayers on login. Steam is just the vessel used to launch the Everquest launcher. NewPlayers is usually roughly under 200 and I know for a fact some of them are All Access or Silver players that join that channel. I usually do In case somebody's looking for group and I happen to have a toon that level :D

HOLY . It's worse than I expected. If those are the numbers for all players that log in through Steam how is this game still going? (Hypothectical question. TLP servers are the only thing keeping it afloat.)
  19. LadyM Journeyman

I am so much in the same type situation.
    I want to join a grp, but don't know how.
    At this point of reading, you can laugh or criticize or make snide remarks. I've heard it before.
    I want to be in a grp, but don't know how. I literally Don't Know How.
    I don't even know if i have the chat figured out from lack of responses to anything i put out there. 1 time I got a reply from another ranger, but my connection cut-out and I couldn't find them again when i got back on-line.
    Sorry, I know i sound like a whiner, but sometimes I get so frustrated, i just sit @ my pc in tears.

So... enough said... wipe away tears(sniff sniff)... move forward...
    Anyway, I'm a LvL 71 (almost 72) Ranger on FV
  20. LadyM Journeyman

Oh,
    p.s. PST @ random times