Lets talk shop rogues

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bahdah, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Tolzol Augur

1) No comment as that’s purely a rogue thing.

2) **** NO. No class should have 300k auto attack dmg.

3) You’d be better off asking for an ability similar to what monks and zerkers have rather than asking for this. Or even a poison that returns endurance each proc to fit the class better.

4) Not sure why your asking for this at all?

5) No comment

6) No comment

7) intimidate is useful and has been for a few expansions now. The rest I’m not sure how they could make useful except for maybe pickpocket.

8) No melee can use their specialized ability on a mount. I’m indifferent to fixing this cus i hate being on a mount besides to run from point a to point b.

9) I can agree that range dps could be upped for all melee but don’t see an overwhelming need for it.

10) No comment
    Belexes likes this.
  2. Bamboompow Augur

It was nice not having 3/4 of the player population chasing after the same augs. As in a more diverse stat scheme per class means the augs that have been created in the world have an actual purpose. The way the maths work now tho, Critical hits are king. With the luck stat its probably even more so. Its a shame that every critical hit is driven by one Hstat globally as opposed to being dependent on a particular class build. Can totally get where this is coming from as it would be cool if a rogues crits were not based on the same type of build as a ranger or zerk. Etc and so forth.
  3. Sigpa0s Journeyman

One thing I try to never do is hit Escape while standing within melee range, as it seems like mobs will almost always swing at you and break the 'Shroud' auto-invis buff, but I also use this macro instead of just hitting the AA hotkey.

/timer 1500
    /attack off
    /alt act 102
    /pause 3, /doability 1 (sneak)
    /doability 2 (hide)
  4. DaciksBB Augur

He wants it to fade aggro completely so that he can hit breather
    Covennx and Proximoe like this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Outside of everything doesn't have to be equal can someone explain why Massive Strike seems so low when it was the first of this line? Seems like this should be base 3k. Some others are 3300 base appear to get another 28% to that always which is then paired with a +125% incoming damage of that type always. Under burn stuff other mods come into play but I don't see such a drastic difference there to be that big a gap 90% of the time.
  6. kyong Augur

Correct me if I'm wrong but Massive strike was also massively changed. I think every backstab attempt had a chance to proc it and then sometimes double. It proc'd so much it seemed it almost being able to proc itself. Seemed like I could get a half dozen massive strikes. Then they changed it to what I think was initial BS only or something like that? It's gotten better...but needs a Massive! Yeah! Pun intended. boost.
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

ummm.

/GU Combat Dummy Heda in 5000s, 1836715K @367343 | Total@(367.3k in 105s)

/em drops the mike.
  8. Tolzol Augur

Now go sustain 300k dps using ONLY autoattack because that’s what he asked for on actual mobs.
  9. Sancus Augur

As fun as it is to post context-less parses on the forums, this is doesn't actually make any point and is pretty clearly doctored.

You list a 5,000 second fight with 367k DPS and an appropriate amount of damage (367343 * 5000 = 1836715000), but your "Total," which should share the same duration as the overall fight, is only 105 seconds.

You also edited the total damage, because Gamparse output uses lower case "k" (not the uppercase one you included). Plus, you did over 1 billion damage, which even with the highest rounding allowance will round to millions.

Bottom line, that isn't what Gamparse outputted. Plus you don't give any context as to what class, what buffs, what settings (a level 10 combat dummy is very different from a 5k AC 110 combat dummy), what abilities you used, etc. So I'm calling on this one.
    Skewert, Drogba, Winnowyl and 2 others like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

/GU Combat Dummy Lulza in 1s, 8675309K @8675309 | Total@(133.7k in 69s)

#TheEverFavoredClass #PleaseDontNerf #ForftyPercent
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Tolzol Augur

Not to mention i said auto attack dps so no abilities should have been used lol
  12. Izzard of Bertox Augur

You guys are way to serious about this. I guess my sense of humor is not well taken. OP said he wanted something we ALREADY HAVE so THAT was my point. Maybe if I make a parse that said 1 bazillion DPS you will know not to spend time actually doing math to so if I’m full of Poop or not. LOL
  13. Izzard of Bertox Augur

P.S. the combat dummy was 105 and the DPS was 367k AND it was only Auto attack. If you think I’m full of poop on this, log on to Tunare and parse me yourself.
  14. Fintank Augur

Gratz on your parse with /autoskill Backstab turned on for a mob you can Assassinate??? Completely different from an actual /auto attack parse which you would need to take skill attacks out of to get "correct" data.
  15. Bahdah Augur

You're not going to see 300k+ auto attack... http://www.roiguild.org if you're that one rogue that auto attacks 300+
    Winnowyl likes this.
  16. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Why the heck would ANY rogue have auto backstab turned off? Poyzenfrawg wanted 300k DPS autoattack .. we have it ... you guys are making baby Joseph sayer cry.
  17. Bahdah Augur

We really don't, and it seems you have no idea what you're talking about. even with /autoskill you're not going to see 300k /auto

and before they lock it, we should stahp right there.
  18. Bamboompow Augur

Dummy AC can be set to zero, no matter what the base level. It is possible to cook the books on this.

Then there is reality.
  19. Izzard of Bertox Augur

(Sigh). Fine. It’s true that in a current group with auto attack only (which will never happen) 300k DPS is far off on the horizon. But NOW we are getting more specific.