zone picking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by crazyjerm, Jul 3, 2019.

1. crazyjerm New Member

not sure what other people think about this but I would really like to see the change zone picking when there is more then one of the same zone right now we can /pick and pop where ever we are in next zone but I wouldn't mind seeing it change to when you /pick it puts you at the same spot in the next pick. Really getting old of fighting off large groups of boxes that have 3 or 4 picks spawns locked down will not help with all camps but would help with a lot of the smaller camps deep in some zones that you would have to crawl to each time you change picks just my 2 cents
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Accipiter Old Timer

Huh? Grats on that one period, btw.
  4. Vorlic Journeyman

I'm going to assume you mean you want people to put to the entrance of the zone when they pick.

This is would be a terrible change for 95% of the EQ population. Unless there is a 55+ mage in the group, the primary method of getting to a group is to run to the camp in the main (or most populated) pick and then pick over.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a big blow to toxic boxers who plop down and pick hop, as well as to griefing players sniping named.

The mild inconvenience of a group having to... fight exp mobs just doesn't seem like a terrible trade off.

The real problem with the solution is that after about pop the toxic players have moved to the fresh tlp anyways.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

There are problems either way. I'd hate to fight down to a desired camp like Juggs only to find out the group there didn't respond to the camp check and then have to pick over to a different pick and do it all over again.
  7. Drifter New Member

If all you want to do is stop pick hopping boxers and named snipers. Just change it so that there is no wait time on pickzone if you haven't killed a mob, but put like a 35 minute delay if your group has killed a mob.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

5 minutes per /pick is just to easy to abuse.

It should just double every use and then reset once every 4 - 8 hours after some testing.
    Would stop /pick hopping quite quickly.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Except you can change the pick timer to 0 by..... (known exploit here). While people have been caught a suspended for using it, I believe it is still doable.