Why do people pay for stuff on TLP servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JeffHanson, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandrito Elder

I think the original poster doesn't have an issue with regular trading of buying and selling using the plat currency. Its the buying stuff by external means with real money (Krono) part.
  2. Ceffener Augur

If you have to buy your stuff, your not the first and the best. The first and the best already got it, hence how someone can sell it to you.

But hey EQ players always say MAJORITY are 40+, congratulations we have now labeled millennials as all people 1-60ish.
  3. Drifter New Member

That might not be your reason, but that is the only thing that stops one of these from being like any other server. They don't really capture nostalgia that much because of all of the changes to the core of the game. For me a lot dies after the sleeper wakes because I have yet to see it happen. I just don't play enough to make it into a raid guild that wakes the sleeper.
  4. Corilleous Elder

It doesn't have to be RMT, people buy or earn krono on other servers and use them in different places. As long as their is a "need" someone will provide a service to profit. What you think is bad, 100 other people might think of as "a good deal". Just ignore it, accept it, it will not change, and play the game how you want to play it and things will be good.
  5. Gio1999 Augur

I spent 8 hours at King.... Didn't win 1 staff or tunic. Spent 2 krono to just buy both.

Makes sense imo.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

It does. Spending 25 krono for a CoF, though, does not. Again, my opinion.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is it more offensive that someone buys a cof privately or that someone publicly sets all their forum posts to bold text?
    potatoface likes this.
  8. Xeris Augur

i was at king for several hours yesterday and got 5 fungi tunics and 3 staffs. just ROLLING in the kronos right now.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto nothing in the game is worth spending 25 krono even if you have hundreds.

For me min / maxing gear just seems like a waste but others seem to enjoy it greatly and all the best for them. Just like some enjoy other facets some people enjoy having the best gear at (x) time in the game.

Who cares what someone spends in terms of time or dollars long as they are enjoying their hobby is best way to think about it.
  10. Darkhain Elder

Price on Mangler are already super cheap, krono is already super high, ....
    Means 1 thing, too many farmers / RMT'ers and not enough buyer.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

potatoface likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

That's not a problem then. If the price of Krono is sky high and it's scarce then the RMT people will have to move along eventually. Krono don't drop off of mobs no matter how often you call it Krono farming...
  13. Vorlic Journeyman

Pretty much. Plus GEBs look cool!
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think the original question has been answered satisfactorily.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.