TSS XP Grind

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Bewts Augur

Outside of reading what google searches there are for TSS zones and our friend Almar’s walkthroughs of zones in the TSS expansion; what are some recommended Xp grind spots or strategies for TSS?

I run WAR BRD CLR RNG BER BER as a setup, all with 2.0 and the CLR/RNG in a full compliment of DoDh/PoR raid gear.

My first thought was possibly one of the DSK loops or running specific tasks with lots of mobs/respawns (think dodh tasks cap at lvl 73 mobs?).

RSS was also a thought as I don’t mind crawls given mana is rarely a limitation for grinds in my setup. Mobs just don’t seem concentrated enough to make it worthwhile past the first level or two.

I don’t mind an off the beaten path location as I’ve had enough of spawn chasing / camp wars with selos to last me a lifetime.
  2. Aegir Augur

You can pretty much just head into Frostcrypt or Ashengate at lv 70 without too many problems for your set-up. But I think the fastest grind from my guild was a dude just boxing the high lv Hive mission from DoDH emptying the zone and then rinse/repeat.
  3. Bowdeen Elder

Are you planning to just grind to 75? Are you looking to work on faction quests while leveling?

If you're looking to just do a solid grind to 75, grinding RSS or The Hive would be solid locations. The Hive has the benefit of nearly constant mobs in close proximity, but as you know, you need to worry about that PITA named spider.

Alternatively, you can setup in the Valdeholm, Frostycrypt or Ashengate and have some decent exp, but with everyone focusing on the progression you'll likely run into some competition for mobs.

If you're going to be working on your faction at the same time, you can work on the Zheren quest line in Sunderock and then move to Ashengate to work the Jenray line, or Pezripisid line in Direwind and moving to Ashengate for the Zhubis line.. Or you can take the Vald/FC route and work on Fergarin's quest line while leveling in Valdeholm and Frostcrypt.

Valdeholm, Frostcrypt and Ashengate all have a decent AC aug you'll want for your warrior: Jewel of the Stalwart, Frosted Steel Ingot, and Crest of the Scarlet Legion respectively. I know what my guilds plan is, but I haven't been around during PoR to get an idea what others are going to be after come release time so I can determine the most efficient route.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Verigald mines are also a good xp to level, though CC would be ideal.
  5. Bewts Augur

Those augs are 30 AC augs and in theory an upgrade over the DSK augs?
  6. Bewts Augur

As for faction, under the assumption there are people in guild to request raids you could in “theory” obtain the faction without necessarily grinding it yourself?
  7. Bowdeen Elder

Yes. The Crest of Scarlet Legions is 30ac/60hp, the Forged Froststeel Ingot is 30/30, and the Jewel is straight 30AC. The first two are clearly better than DSK augs, and the last one is up to you whether you prefer 5 AC or 25 HP ultimately.

I don't *believe* so, just based on the number of npcs you can kill that actually give +Scholars, +Infiltrators, or +Wraithguard Leadership faction. So in the end, you'll still be stuck doing some faction quests. It's been many, many years since I've done TSS so I can't say for certain, but I do recall having to do the quests back in the day.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I had forgotten about Vergalid Mines. I pretty much did all of 70-75 there. I kept thinking, "I really should branch out" but the XP was good enough I just stayed.
  9. Blastoff Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53360

This is a good item to farm while you XP in Valde. Summons 100 250 range throwable blades per click. My monk and bard used it for pulling for a long while. Definitely one of the longest lasting items of the xpac and you can hit other named while you do it.

The Guardian's Pouch

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
    Slot: RANGE AMMO
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 22
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    STR: +20 DEX: +10 STA: +15 AGI: +25 HP: +195 MANA: +185 ENDUR: +185
    SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +18 SV MAGIC: +15
    Recommended level of 75. Required level of 71.
    Effect: Guardian Blade (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 1.5)
    WT: 0.5 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: WAR MNK BRD ROG BST BER
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)

Guardian Blade

MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE TEMPORARY
    Slot: RANGE AMMO
    Skill: Throwingv1 Atk Delay: 15
    DMG: 27 AC: 22
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    STR: +20 DEX: +10 STA: +15 AGI: +25 HP: +195 MANA: +185 ENDUR: +185
    SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +18 SV MAGIC: +15
    Attack: +10
    Required level of 70.
    WT: 0.2 Range: 250 Size: SMALL
    Class: WAR MNK BRD ROG BST BER
    Race: ALL
  10. Zipe The Healer

If you want raw exp, yes, Dodh hive instances.
    Otherwise I would do Black Legion camp or other Legion camps till your crew maxes the faction with he drakkin in Sunderrock Springs. That faction, at aly, lets you use the Dragon teleporters from Sunderrock to the Ashengate entrance. Think you also need to do their questchain, which involves some linear quest in Sunderrock and Direwind, which also will yield you the Ashengate Seal on the way.

Besides that, you also need ally faction with Scholars of Solusek and Infiltrators and Traitors of Ashengate and some task done if you plan to request. Same for Frostcrypt. You can be piggie and leech faction once your guild kills the bosses, but well, someone must do it for the first time.

During our first night in TSS we went straight to Frostcrypt, at lvl 70, and did till 75 there. It was helpful because we got some faction on the way iirc.
  11. Machentoo Augur

You need faction to participate in the raids, or you need to be gimped in. So, no, at least not for most members of the guild.