Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm no. If I made any changes it was within 5 minutes of posting and I did not and enever said everyone in every class is equally talented. So if I edited anything it was not that. What the heck is your problem dude?

I mean do you have an issue of some kind?

LOL because I edited my post I am suspect? I edited this post to add this line.. omg its a conspiracy. :)
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I posted at 3:02 then edited at 3:04 you replied at 3:12. The sad thing is you were just looking for something to prove me wrong.

I accept your apology and your admission that you were wrong.

I
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe the next time you just actually read the post before responding. Just saying.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I believe after 5 minutes you can no longer edit a post.
  5. Allayna Augur

It’s 30 minutes. Try it sometime, instead of filling a thread with 4 posts from 8:11 to 8:24, it could have been 1 edited post
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Fian Augur

A well played character can certainly overcome challenges in the game. Even so, call me skeptical. Did this 105 char complete all 4 missions in RoS? Complete mercenary and partisan quests? Kill all bosses in game? This assumes you are main tank for all of this.

Also, did you solo this content, or did you have 105+ characters in your group to compensate for a weak tank? A 105 enchanter, for example, wouldn't even be able to mez the mobs in the RoS expansion.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wrote a single message to two posts and two messages to one post. So maybe you and Whulfgar need to actually read what you are looking at before you try and point out how wrong I am. *shrugs*

But thanks for pointing out I responded to the same message twice instead of editing. Of course I was responding to a guy incorrectly freaking out about me editing a message after he had responded to it. Which turned out to be wrong.

Maybe you were just exaggerating things to make your point. Again.

Oh and thanks for the note about editing being allowed for 30 minutes.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

If you don’t want level 110, nobody is twisting your arm and making you go get level 110. Keep your exp dial on 100% AA and keep all your old gear and stay in the old expansion. Problem solved. Oh wait .... you want to be 115 now because everyone else is now 115? Well that’s a different problem.

You want a new expansion with level 110 MOBs? We are due for the increase. It’s not some random thing they decide on. Also, in the spiraling downward population, we need higher level to go back and do old content MOLO.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

10. Bottle Journeyman

cool, Level 115, I love it - beating then this darn boring TBL trial ;)
  11. Whulfgar Augur

He has done all 4 grp missions yes. He was in fact main tank for them as well..

Did alot of the partisans hardly any mercenarys and tanked alot of but not all named in both expansions.

Basically once I ran threw with my main tank toon. I found out which the hardest named were.. an ran it back with my alt grp tank. It was a full grp of mains no mercenaries some in grp were raid geared others had none. Obviously the raid geared helped alot. But my alt warrior is not raid geared what so ever.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

I hope you realize that how your are testing things to compare vs what the average has to endure is less than ideal for testing purposes. Lets examine a couple of things that most "normal" group players encounter that your test group has a significant edge over.

-No mercenaries: your average group of players is running with a healer merc. Not all but a significant amount are and since you are running a full group of real players this means even your lower level warrior is going to have an easier time staying upright due to superior healing vs the trash healing mercs provide. Also factor in player dps vs mercs which a lot of groups are using and it means mobs are probably going down faster which means you are going to take less damage which could easily account for why you are able to do this.

-Prior knowledge: Since you have already completed the content once you already have an understanding of said content. You know what strategies to utilize, what camps to hit first to get upgrades more easily, and you have a gage of what to expect for your warrior to realistically tank before ever attempting the content. Online guides are nice but they don't replace actually experiencing things.

-Ability: By your own accounts you are a darn good player and probably one of the best being in one of the top raid guilds in this game. Using your skills as a benchmark for the average player would never fly in a test environment unless its to prove that you are indeed one of the best players in the game. All this proves is those who are struggling are not as good as you which does not by any means make their issues invalid. Not everyone can be a Whulfgar because if they did someone would eventually become better and expect that everyone else be just as good as them. The reality is there will always be an average, below average, and above average when it comes to skill and not just in EQ. Some players will never reach the above average realm despite how much effort and time they put into this game. Their reaction time, retention, attention to detail, and other factors might not allow them to ever be anything but average.

If you truly want to "test" things the closes you could come is to do it on your alt warrior before your main and not group with only players. You would need to throw at least a healer merc into the mix and more realistically a dps one too. Also ditch those raid geared friends and add some randoms who may not be very skilled or they might surprise you. That's the fun that a lot of people have to encounter as they attempt to progress through the content. Of course you will still have your superior ability which will skew things slightly but this is the closes thing you could do to actually testing and making a realistic conclusion on what your average group of players deals with.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

I six box running full group gear (finished all of TBL) and while I think a few TBL items could use some tweaking (rusted cliffs glory) if we start tuning the game around essentially 3 mercs and 3 players then this game is going to get old fast. A merc or two should be able to stand in but we certainly don't want tuning around half merc groups that is ridiculous. Can't believe I'm saying this (as I'm currently playing a group tank on Progression in POR expansion when the game was unbalanced for group tanks) but this is not WOW. The people are here because it's a group driven game even if it's one we box in.

Some TBL OP, absolutely and they should be tweaked but balanced around half merc groups no.
    Tolzol likes this.
  14. chronicler Augur

I for sure do not agree with you, you have to take into consideration of what most people are, which is NOT raid players, and a lot are playing with mercs. So that is where a lot of the game should be balanced around.

It is easy to say make it had, when you have best equipment, but then you leave out most of the player base, who on live servers. How much do you think will be continued to be made if like 40% leaves the game, because it is too hard, and a big chunk of players stopped due to RoS/TBL, while at EoK, a large amount of players did came back, because it was a good balanced expansion, with a harder last zone, and a nice dungeon in Droga, IMO, EoK was the best expansion for a long time. The exception for that was the task where you had to go into the spider cave, which was too hard.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

I understand your perspective but I don't think you are following the conversation well. Wulf is an elite player and has taken the time to "test" content as a group geared player. The problem is his testing scenario is not ideal for your average group in EQ as I have pointed out.

I am not saying remove every challenge in game but realistically the majority of the content should be tuned around an average group and yes that consists of at least one merc in most cases. If they don't account for this it seriously devalues being a paying member from this standpoint. Obviously it would be nice if mercs were more powerful and they have made some tweaks recently but they are still worse than even an average player on a good day.
  16. Angahran Augur

Level increase expansions are easy from the spell/aa side of things.
    Nothing new, just a simple copy & paste of existing abilities with maybe a 1% increase.
    And at the same time NPCs get a 10000% increase.
    So, basically we get 5 more levels and end up weaker vs NPCs that we were.

A few more level increases and we'll need full raid geared groups in order to kill grey mobs.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Which software are you using?
  18. Tanols Augur

I know several people, including myself, that box without dependence on third party software to "broadcast" key strokes or outright perform them independently. Those same people also complete most if not all content with no outside assistance.

I have yet to see a mercenary even come close to performing as good as a half played boxed char. The only advantage to using them at all is not having to manage 1 more character, pay for one more account, do all the work to make that character functional. Also can save you from sitting around looking for people to fill group, and sometimes a mercenary is better than no one.

A 3 player 3 merc group could possibly get through content but would highly depend on class, skill, etc of the 3 characters being played. Due to mechanics etc. some tasks, achievements would be extremely difficult to say the least due to limitations of mercenary performance.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I've boxed with no software assistance. Beating all of TBL without it. Skeptical. I don't know anyone who completed TBL six boxing with no assistance whatsoever. Well I might know one. Last time it came up he wasn't using anything. But nothing no keyboard macros or anything. Hats off to you I don't think I could do it. Maybe 10 or so years ago when I was younger.... Had no problem six boxing TDS but to me it was much easier then TBL.

Raid geared toons could make all the difference though but I have no idea if that is your situation.

When you say several can you pin that down. Do you know 5 six boxers who say they use no software? Or 3 or 4 or even 7? First off...what they say and what they do may vary and second thats a lot of six boxers to know. Though that may be more common on the raiding side then I see it on the group side I don't know.

P.S thanks to Allayne for mentioning you can edit messages for up to 30 minutes. Very helpful.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Natal Augur

That is because he is exaggerating of course. He is one of the "I walked backwards 10 miles uphill in the snow" crowd. Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt, if he did indeed tank all of this then the rest of the group must have had some significant enhancement to compensate and basically carried him. Unless you really believe that a 105 group is going to realistically beat level 114 nameds in even a vaguely consistent manner.

If you had never done these events you might be OK with going with his word, but we have all done them ourselves and we know exactly how difficult they are and the challenges they present. We don't need his claims to know otherwise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.