Grats Ring of Valor!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Sancus Augur

Ignoring your insults for a minute, what did he lie about? He literally just (accurately) stated our guild policy. We do retire people and require them to re-app, we don’t remove them.

If you were actually in RoI you’d know that, though.
    Tolzol likes this.
  2. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Congratulations RoV. Huge accomplishment. One of the hardest raids I've had the pleasure of doing.

Anyways....I'm a very firm believer in re-applying after retirement, or even having a very low RA for that matter.

But de-guilding someone, then attempting a joke about "giving them back" to you? Trashy at best.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Tubbycat Journeyman

4. Lianeb Augur

Let us be clear on this. MS does not remove people from the guild roster for retiring(in fact we have several). We ONLY remove people that do not meet the guilds standard of max level. Does this mean we remove non maxed level retirees when there is a level increase? Short answer is yes. There are many times when someone returns after a long break and all they have to do is send a tell for a reinvite, for help with leveling and or progression.

Let’s not make this out to be some terrible “omg look what those guys are doing to the community”, when in fact it is something you sign up to when you join. It’s not even just mains, alts in the guild have to be max level also, though we do run several alt guilds for those toons that are not.

In all honesty I feel the 6 months we gave prior to the purge was plenty of time to level up, for anyone semi-active. For anyone that was not active during that time and was removed, is only a tell away it’s not personal.
    Allayna and Duder like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

When you join a high end, top tier raiding guild, there are certain expectations that the guild requires of its members if said members want to be part of the raiding portion of the guild- especially on expansion launch. Must be certain level by certain day, must have certain progression done by certain day, etc. This happens to ensure that the top tier raid guilds remain top tier. If ROI members decide to reach level 111 in May 2020, would they finish next expansion first like they have the previous five plus expansions? Not to slight them because they are the best of the best, but if I was in Vegas I would bet someone else would finish first.

I have been a part of ROV, MS and SR (albeit the last two for a brief period of time). Those three did expect their raiders to achieve certain requirements if they wanted to continue raiding. While it sometimes creates time challenges for some members who may now view EQ as a second job, it is necessary for the guild as a whole to maintain their place within the ranks. And in most situations, the expectations are not so unrealistic as being max level within 24 hours. If you are playing a good portion of your non work time on expansion launch, generally 95 plus percent of the raid roster can meet those requirements.

Anyhow, sorry to derail the ROV congrats thread with my thoughts. I hope they can forgive me...
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Endaar Augur

Whatever may have gone down at MS, I think I can safely speak for RoV in saying that we're happy to have Renaii with us.
    Tolzol, RPoo, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  7. Jondalar Augur

Welcome new member!
    Sancus likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Claims to be in RoI. But also claimed to be a "necromancer in a top 5 guild" one year ago. Isn't Shennron. Leaves Coas and Atvar. Doesn't sound like either of those guys.

So potentially someone that joined as a different class relatively recently. Thinks of Kizant as a friend.

Not many full members that are new that act like that, so could be anyone! Cool, its like the Shard's Landing murderer raid!

Been in RoI since September 2013, but maybe I ticked someone off more than expected $$$

But anyway, yeah, definitely doesn't know our policies or actually what we do since the months on end apps with like 2 raids stay on the roster, because the officers want to actually talk to them before booting them says a lot too.

Not really trashing MS though, just the approach and the attitude rubbed me wrong making "kick day" like its some fun holiday, and booting people while they are offline is lame. They have their system, its fine, just seems draconian in this day and age.
  9. Allayna Augur

You wait years for someone to come back to have a conversation with them about their removal for ghosting? Got a "lot" of 100 or lower toons in ROI? Asking for a friend.

I'm betting the answer to both is NO, because you have a reputation and a standard to uphold. EQ requires current play to...stay current. People can demonize it all they want, but expecting a raiding member to attain max level .....5 months after an expansion launch is not draconian.

It boils down to communication and absolutely, we guild removed anyone who was not 110 by, I believe it was the 6th month mark after launch, who hadn't communicated their absence. It's not like it wasn't in the MoTD, on our guild website, on our FB page or communicated what the expectation was to the member.

I will comment on draconian "race progression" ....raiding 5 am on a Tuesday, as soon as a lockout is up. Only 1 guild in EQ does that.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

3/4s of our roster is under 110 (Overall guild roster). Roughly half of them 100 and under. We don't kick people to the curb who decided to pursue RL goals. To each their own.

How did your morning raids go this expansion push? Tuesday morning raiding, Sunday morning raiding is the same thing. Personally would rather raid Tuesday morning knowing I have to work afterwards than Sunday knowing I could have been asleep longer.
  11. Allayna Augur

Yep. 2 Saturday morning raids to place all 3 raids on the same lockout rotation is the exact same as every other lockout AM raid.

As far as your roster, "the more you know". Never been anywhere but MS and this tradition far pre-dates me. Still didn't quite answer the question in regards to people who raided briefly and then disappeared tho, did ya?
  12. Piemastaj Augur

They are still on the roster, the '3/4s of our roster is under 110' should have implied it.

So, the good vs evil debate is your way is 'better', because you did it less? Logical. Think it would have just been easier to simply kill them all on the same day and just raid the 1 day per lockout cycle. :confused:
    Jondalar likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Thread gets started to congratulate ROV on completing expansion. Turns into a verbal spat between the top two guilds.

Forum Quest. How I will miss thee when the time comes for me to retire for good...
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Congrats RoV!!

On the guild kick thing... even if they are removed because they didnt log in for 3 years.... if they hd a house in the neighborhood its not like they were evicted...
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, but we don't kick you out if you can't make it. Just expect that you're likely benched until the guild reaches the next tier due to flagging. So not draconian at all. Its voluntary. Says more about the keying method eq uses IMO. Best reason to love hard raids for me, is once we get that couple day lead, morning raids on the weekday are done. So ends up being only a couple days or waking up a little early to knock out a raid before work, or maybe even taking a couple vacation hours and going in a little late 1 or 2 days.

Though, definitely doesn't help your popularity to app, not yet full member, make first raid of a tier, then ghost on most raids for 2 months, wasting your flags, after we specifically ask people that know you can't make almost every raid to defer to those that can!

Look, its a fair point about 6 months to meet max level if a person wants to actively play/raid. If you want a slim roster that's your prerogative. It just felt out of place in today's eq which is why I pointed it out. I love when old people log in to say hi, or talking to old members that log back in and try to start playing again, even if they just end up doing group stuff.

And yeah, forumquest is better than the game sometimes!
    Sancus, Allayna and Jondalar like this.
  16. Jondalar Augur

I love raiding on lockouts. Get that hi test coffee going. Gets the heart pumping!
  17. Tolzol Augur

Alright alright let’s take this pissing match off this thread lol. This was to congratulate ROV for winning not argue about who’s a better guild with better standards between RoI and MS. That’s what EGL is for.
    Sancus, Bahdah and Allayna like this.
  18. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]
    Again though, big congrats to RoV and the more recent guild coming in SoD. Its nerf event but still a great feat. to have under your belt.
    the Reaver likes this.
  19. Lisard Silly

20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There’s an argument?
    [IMG]

Look at the scoreboard, amigo.
    Sancus and Tolzol like this.