GMM factions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

• Killing the gnomelikes in GMM decreases your faction with Memorial Gnomelike and increases your faction with Bloodmoon Were-Orcs. Makes sense, right?
    • Killing the orcs in GMM decreases your faction with Bloodmoon Were-Orcs and increases your faction with... Fang Breakers. o_O Umm... shouldn't that be Memorial Gnomelikes instead? Or in addition to?
    • Killing named (and ONLY named, and only SOME of the named) orcs in Loping Plains increases your faction with Memorial Gnomelikes, among the rest. What does Loping Plains have to do with this??
    • Killing anything in Bloodmoon Keep (including the named) does not change any factions at all.
    • Killing the Iron Legion mobs decreases your faction with Iron Legion. Permanently. There is no way to fix this one at all. Sadface.
    This is just screwed up. Camping various named in GMM is good. Doing GMM raids is good. But that makes you KoS to all of the robots. After that you can't get to the quest/mission/raid NPCs safely anymore, since some of the robots see invis.

Can we get a way to fix the Memorial Gnomelike faction other than camping gray con named in Loping Plains? IMO killing the orcs in GMM should raise that faction.

I don't care much about Iron Legion since they don't block the way to the NPCs. But the current design with the Memorial Gnomelike faction is just wrong.
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The secret is to kill the Orcs in GMM at the right time of day.
  3. Axxius Augur

On the second thought, killing orcs would still be not enough to fix this issue, because the GMM raids constantly lower your Memorial Gnomelike faction. If you do the GMM raids, you'd have to go kill those orcs on a regular basis, and many people who raid won't do that.

Please remove the faction from the raid mobs in GMM. They don't need to be on any faction.
  4. Axxius Augur

That makes even less sense. They are the enemy of the gnomes at any time, whether they are were-orcs or just regular orcs. They should be giving positive faction hits with Memorial Gnomelike regardless of when you kill them.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I know. I assume it was a mistake made by whichever dev copied the models from SoF. That said, you can get faction, but only half the time.
  6. Moege Augur

You weren't being sarcastic ?

Okaaayyyy /headdesk
    Guess I will be going orc hunting.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not this time.
  8. Scorrpio Augur

Killing orcs in Darkness Howls definitely gives Gnomelike faction...
    Warpeace likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Depending on time again.
  10. TheStugots Augur

Isn’t it always the right time in Darkness Howls? Pretty sure it is anyway.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

It either is or I'm extremely lucky. Max ally with gnomelike from doing this mission over and over.
  12. Greymantle Augur

The faction hits corrispond to the TYPE of mob. The 'normal' orc's in the static zone have a differnet faction than the Wer-orcs in either.
  13. Angahran Augur

Axxius likes this.