4th of July Events ???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by OldCa61, Jun 29, 2019.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That was letting you know its the first of the month (July 1 ) and hot zones maybe have changed
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So this patch test notes are changed?

Here's the DB string change for it from the last test patch:

ID: 5082^31
    You'll earn 76% additional experience and faction, and rare enemies will be 76% more likely to appear during the Independence Holiday! In addition, members will receive a 20% Marketplace discount.^0
    You'll earn 76% additional experience and faction, and rare enemies will be 76% more likely to appear!^0

source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ave-4th-of-july-xp-bonus.258285/#post-3799692
    Riou likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

4. Riou EQResource

They dumped a few of the marketplace discount boosts for stuff this year so far, they did include Canada Day this year so figured it would be Monday at the latest since that is Canada Day
  5. Prathun Developer

Check your in-game calendar. :D
  6. qweasy Augur

Only thing on my calendar is death death death.
  7. Prathun Developer

Hrm. I'm seeing it on Live. That's weird. Maybe a zone or relog is necessary?
  8. qweasy Augur

Ah yup, needed to relog.
  9. Hannah Journeyman

It says "rare drop rewards" but not "rare enemies" 76% higher this year?

I guess I'll just work outside or do something constructive instead of playing. Bummer.

...Hannah...
  10. Duder Augur

"
    Bonus Rewards!
    • All XP, faction, and rare drop rewards will be increased by 76%"

[IMG]

Ingame says different than the post, need clarification
  11. Hannah Journeyman

Yes please. This info greatly alters whether I make plans or not this weekend.

...Hannah...

12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

How does this possibly impact your plans?
  13. Hannah Journeyman

Increased rare spawns, I stay home and work on hunter this holiday. No increased rare spawns, I do not. That bonus doesn't happen often, so I will take full advantage.

...Hannah...
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Rare Spawns. I've never seen a bonus "Rare Drops" and I don't think they could easily code that.
  15. Prathun Developer

Rares are more likely to spawn. I can see how the article could be confusing, so will look into whether it's possible to reword that line. Thanks!
    Yinla, Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Very bummed out there is no % off Market items this year. Was really looking forward to a sale also like the other years, and the parsed info above gave me hope for one but alas, no luck.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you for the week long bonus. <3
    Prathun likes this.