New TLP idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by stimpsonj, Jul 1, 2019.

1. stimpsonj New Member

There are only 2 maybe 4 guild slots. You can only join one of 2 or 4 guilds. Expansion switches upon raid completion of expansion.
  2. Febb Augur

1000 people online all in the same guild? I'm sure that will work out just fine.
  3. stimpsonj New Member

Hmm good point. Scratch the guild idea. didnt think of that.
  4. Tierdal Augur

you didnt think of...your entire idea???
    potatoface likes this.
  5. stimpsonj New Member

apparently not.

How about 4 guilds per server capped at 54 or 72? 4-6 servers total. Possibly pay extra to join. Race to finish every eq expansion. Expansions drop after every previous expansions raid is conquered.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Umm do you really think they are going to roll out servers capped at 4 guilds per server?

Just ask for a personal servers and get it over with already.
  7. Pikallo Augur

A quote from the Principal in Billy Madison comes to mind...
    Iyacc likes this.
  8. yerm Augur

I think private servers, or the "leasing of eq" idea, has merit and could be a good way for dbg to get funding. "Hey daybreak my friends and I want a server with selo rules, fv loot, and no truebox." "Sounds great yerm, that will cost you $2500 initially plus $300/month to host, require subs on all accounts, and have access to our store. Your server is currently limited to 300 accounts and will cost extra to expand. If you decide to end this arrangement all characters will be transfered to (live server)."
    potatoface likes this.
  9. DeseanJackson Augur

Why the interest in limiting guilds? Don’t think I’ve heard that suggestion and I don’t understand why.
  10. stimpsonj New Member

I was thinking it was going to be a 'race to the finish' server. Maybe not a casual type server at all. So you get put into one of 4 guilds after char selection or you get to choose one of 4 guilds. Than you race to beat the expansion. Once the first guild beats the current expansion the next expansion will start and a new race to beat the expansion starts or something like that. Just playing with different ideas.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

That’d be kinda cool, I wasn’t around for previous event/race servers but I imagine it draws a pretty hardcore group of players. Doesn’t seem like it’d appeal though to anyone not participating. I did sorta like the idea of a ladder/season server that resets annually and each season dumps into a main sever people can continue on should they wish (like Agnarr 2.0, does classic through LDoN unlock and then restarts after merging with Agnarr 1.0).
  12. TLP Addict Augur

I think not making any more TLP servers for at least a couple of years would be a good idea.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

One slow fv server would be ok
    potatoface likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

When mangler reaches GoD the people who are incapable of handling actual mechanics and raidwide punishments for individual stupid mistakes will need a fresh environment to start over on. Daybreak would be nuts to not give them a home.
    potatoface and code-zero like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What would forcing everyone into 4 guilds really do though? You would still have people raiding based on set groups that they form outside of the forced guild system and getting conflicts between groups in the same guild.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sounds like a good source of drama really.

Call the server "Norrath Shore".
  17. yerm Augur

So you roll with that reality. Have a "guild leader" who can approve or decline and have people sign up in advance. Faceless I believe had enough interest at launch to fill 2 full rosters; they could have had a zaide "sprint" crew and a sieger "marathon" crew. Amtrak would have been able to field a tl based sign up and mabbu probably been happier making his own guild. Thats 4 guilds there, people sign up beforehand, fun times. People were dropping hundreds of dollars just to have celebrities call people baby dicks, I can only imagine people would go nuts for the ability to curate pre launch for a locked teams (guilds) event server.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The reality that you would have a really large guild that mean absolutely nothing? As for your idea about having a "guild leader" who can approve or decline with signups in advanced will just end up with 4 guilds that are normal size and the rest of the server being without a guild. If you really wanted to limit a server to a set number of guilds it would require players to be able to join and leave as they want without other players being able to prevent them. As for your pre launch locked teams that is something that pretty much happens every TLP server now as guilds and groups start forming as soon as they announce the next server.

Not to mention that there really isn't such a thing as 2 full rosters for a guild that is not doing instanced raids and if you are doing open world raids having multiple raid forces doesn't really help.

All that aside there are several really large guilds in existence already and they have reported issues with various guild tools due to their large size.
  19. yerm Augur

4 (or whatever planned number) guilds of normal size and the rest of the server somewhere else. Not guildless - absent. No box armies unless the guild wants to dedicate spots for it. Doubtful any rmting happens, whereas potion etc store purchases almost a given, so ideal for the company bottom line. If people want to join you gotta kick someone to make room. If you want a more casual atmosphere, coordinate with 3 or whatever other guilds to have your quieter sandbox.

Antisocial folks or people so abysmally inept that they can't manage to get in a successful sign up anywhere will be left out. Don't care. Mt favorite part of eq in years past was the idea of a self regulated community where terribly bad players or wretchedly antisocial degenerates got shunned. Zero sympathy here for the Radians of eq who get left out of a regulated community.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That will still happen regardless of the number of guilds on the server and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.