Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears - Lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Bronut Augur

Lag was so bad last week, my necro 2nd spellset, i was having too recast pyre once i got too the bottom of it, because of how slow they cast.

(ps fix chanters and wizards)
  2. smash Augur

You can often help on lag, by deleting log prior to event as events get laggy with large logs.

Clear your chat logs, put things into a spamwindow and minimize it.

Change graphic settings.
  3. Mintalie Augur

This event is laggy as hell. Would love to see the devs look into it. It lags even with logs off.
  4. Deillusional Augur

have the guild /afk and hide afk players helps a lot too.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. GoneFission Augur

Off topic, but this event title makes me think that “if you can’t find ‘em, grind ‘em” would be a great task title in a clockwork theme.
  6. Axxius Augur

If you experience severe server-side lag, such as spell casting delays and rubberband pathing, drop dz and get a new one. It helped us many times in Mearatas and GMM. Not all instances are created equal.
    Elyssanda, Yinla and Eaiana like this.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Truth
    Yinla and Allayna like this.
  8. Anthony CT New Member

I literally have the exact same problem on this event. Even with my FPS at 120 and my ping around 45 the lag in this event is horrible. I can barely cast, swap spell sets and click burns. But considering Daybreak wont fix current dot problems, the likelihood that they will fix any of this is about the same as winning the lottery. Don't die or FD, dots wont count, don't cast too many dots, they will bounce. Don't bother raiding, the lag will jack your parse. Necro is a complete &*%$ show at this stage of the game. Daybreak is a complete garbage company so they wont fix anything. No shock there.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Endaar Augur

If the instance is the issue, wouldn't lag affect all three GMM events? The other night Rusty was laggy to the point of having trouble casting, but Museum and Whirly were perfectly fine.
  10. Axxius Augur

Museum is not a laggy event, there is no massive boss burn or special mechanics. Whirly - depends on how you do it. If you collect the parts to repair all 4 ballistae and then ground the boss for the max possible time and burn him as hard as you can - then it can get very laggy. But if you do it 1 ballista at a time with mini-burns then it takes longer but with less lag. Or maybe the instance server's load had decreased by the time you got there.

But if the dz is lagging hard at any given moment, then getting a new dz often helps with that particular raid. When you create a new dz, it's allocated to the least busy server from the available pool, and you are pretty much guaranteed that it won't be quite as laggy as the last one (unless all servers are overloaded). That's also why AB suffers so much - they just have a very limited amount of processing power.
    Deillusional likes this.
  11. Duder Augur

Restart your computer before doing GMM or any raiding in general