"The Rise of Smoke" raid troubles - all the mephits respawn?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eaiana, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Eaiana Augur

Not sure if this is a bug, or some mechanic that we missed, but last night we defeated the 3 mephits in the Plane of Smoke raid, ran everyone upstairs to finish off the big boss, and the 3 downstairs all respawned and we failed the raid. Balance seemed good, the 3 all died within a few percent of each other. I'm wondering if people have seen this before, or if it is a bug?
  2. Ryino Elder

Nothing I have seen but we do the top side first.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

we had the 3 re-spawn down stairs after killing them 1st
  4. Deillusional Augur

we always killed the mephits first, never had the issue.
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Never happened to us either, and we've been killing the Trio first since day 1 of the expansion. Must be a very rare situation.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I saw it happen once before.
    We killed two of the mephits and the last one got tethered on a tank death so went back to 100. We killed that one 100-0 and ran up to finish the top mob and the 3 downstairs respawned.

That was the only time I saw it happen
    Allayna and Eaiana like this.
  7. Eaiana Augur

Hmm on this run we had a lot of tank deaths. I suppose one of the mobs could have run off to get someone on the aggro list who was in the center and not in his room, and tethered. We did kill them all though, none went back to 100. Weird for sure, sounding like this is probably a rarely seen bug.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Interesting. This way you don’t have to split DPS, but do have to subject the mephit tank healers and backup tanks to additional emotes? Just curious if you simply stack healers to compensate?
  9. Lianeb Augur

I agree we originally worked doing the top fist but found that bare bonesing the bottom three the healers got to many emotes to sustain proper healing and moved to doing the bottom 3 first, which has slowly morfed into a race of the guys up top trying to kill their mob first.

Don’t tell them they only win because I give them an extra group
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. Ryino Elder

I dunno what they do while we burn up top could ask Scornfire since he is normally there playing healer. We still have to split DPS and balance once we get down below, but we can get through the mob up top in like 2 sets of adds (almost can do it with 1 unlock) so if the people downstairs can hold on for a couple mins then the rest of the raid is there. If we do smoke tonight i'll stream it so people can see what I mean.
    Sancus and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Nice. Thanks!
  12. Raccoo Augur

13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had this happen once a couple of months ago, never seen it before and haven't seen it again. We jsut put it down to EQ being EQ..
  14. Eaiana Augur

We beat it last night without issue, using the same strat. I guess chalk this up to a very rare bug.
  15. Eaiana Augur

We beat it last night without issue, using the same strat. I guess chalk this up to a very rare bug.
  16. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Don’t tell them they only win because I give them an extra group[/quote]

*gasp!*
  17. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Extra group my ...

...he doesn't tell you that the group with 4 necros is down at the mephits, wetting themselves over their target rich environment, while the wizards and mages have to wait for tanks to drag adds to a spot so they can cast on them.

We did get (for the first time that I can remember) two folks with double emotes at the mephits last night. I do not remember that every happening in our large number of runs before...so that might be something to keep an eye on.
  18. Eaiana Augur

We have seen the double emotes a few times. Those are nasty.