Warrior Gear Ready Question

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by SirCadogan, Jun 26, 2019.

1. SirCadogan New Member

I was wondering when my 110 Warrior should try tanking Ring of Scale content. I currently have non-vis items from GMM Heroic Adventure and EoK tier 1 visible gear and the power source from named in TDS Combine Dredge putting me to about 198k health and 5.8k AC. I have around 14k AA mostly done through autogrant and gaining more daily to try to beef up my health/AC.
  2. Brohg Augur

Don't ask permission. Click your buttons, go get hurt
    Wulfhere and Morgwen like this.
  3. Xorsazis Augur

I would add, having a cleric friend helps, add a bard friend for more fun. If you are using a healer merc, you will want to play it safer. They suck.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Go and just X or Y a try, modify the approach if you experience failure. Learning more about your ability, box if you need to in order to perhaps manage pulls better or provide a more effective healing plan for your game play. EQ is a puzzle with alot of different "this fits and works" solutions.
  5. SirCadogan New Member

Awesome I'll try it out after I complete EoK progression. I heard of an aura that kills in a certain area in Ring of Scale without completing that. I'll be sure to have CC, heals and dps with me while trying it out. Thanks!
  6. Tucoh Augur

SteelToe likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

8. Tucoh Augur

I think you've been spending several hours a day either playing EQ or posting on the forums (with me!!) about EQ for so many years you've lost sight of what a jumblefuck the game looks like for newcomers. The mapping of SPAs to stacking is so obtuse and unlike literally any other game I know about that calling it non-trivial is a huge understatement.

I also think warriors are the hardest class to write a guide for because the essence of ability stacking is, "Examine a given situation, the opponents, your team-mates and then implement an ability stacking strategy that is unique to that given situation." You can write a guide that says, "Pop these abilities, then pop those ones when it runs out" but then you've only created a pattern that poorly fits with any given situation.

If you decide to spend the time to write a guide, I'm sure it'd be pretty amazing and I'd love to read it (and suggest it to people in the future!). Till then the above are as good as I know about.
    SteelToe likes this.
  9. p2aa Augur

While the Primal Blood guide is ok, i don't think the freelance post one is a good guide for new warriors.
    I'm an experienced warrior, and I use max 2 hotkeys made of abilities (and different ones than those posted here). Also, this is wrongly making new warriors think the class is a heavy macro class using, which is not the case.
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

I put together a "new" Warrior guide a little while ago, as part of a project to help another guild on FV get through tier 1 of TBL (Stratos + Fire down, Smoke to go! You can do it KoI!). You can find it on Sancus' list of class resources (which should really get a sticky), listed as "Reisil (and co's) Warrior Guide" along with a few other new guides:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QBScmmFIB6FJxvlW7C0G4d9JQfoPsa02lNr_MZSAfeE/edit

The ones with "Gotcharms" next to them were written with the aim of getting new raiders up to a minimum level of proficiency with the respective class. They're not great, but they generally cover the fundamentals of each class. As an example, the Warrior guide doesn't go into DPS at all, and only covers tanking.

Players shouldn't take them as gospel, but it will get newish folk pointed in the right direction.
  11. Filter Augur

To the OP.

My war is almost a clone of yours except that my war has Conflag armor from ROS and 1K aa's more with autogrant turned on. I tried to do RoS without the GMM non-visibles and failed. Now, as of a month ago, I went back and did a group task which went better. I have a decent group geared zerker (my main) with 31K aa's to help dps. Hopefully you have another toon to help your dps.

You should tell us what support group (boxed or friends) you are running with so we can help advise you further. If you're solo with a hearler merc, you aren't going very far.
  12. p2aa Augur

I read these guides, and it raised me a question about Unyielded Attention (or called Acrimony / Affirmation for knights version).
    I have stopped using Unyielded Attention due to the lvl cap on the ability, and we have other aggro mod not limited by lvl cap. I decided though to test it on some TBL raid boss, and on mobs > lvl 115 the effect lands on the mob's window. I read in the description of the effect that the resist is "unresistable", but the real question is does the 18 sec aggro lock work then on targets > lvl 115 ? Or it's just there as an icon but in fact does nothing ?