Poor Server Economy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Igorath-Bertox, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Warpeace Augur

You always think a server merger will fix things. Its just not always the case.
    Caell and Whulfgar like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

Who cares if it will or not. However, deleting the Bazaar will certainly fix the problem.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Yay, another short sighted approach.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

How does this solve problems exactly? There was a time when this game did not have a bazaar or offline traders for that matter. Heck TLP servers don't have either at launch and just look at how much farming, bot groups, and other complaints of players dps racing each other at money camps there are. This is like saying remove combat from the game because some players bot.

EQ provides a pretty diverse experience for its players outside of just questing and killing things and the economic side happens to be one of them. It can be fun and stressful trying to accumulate pixilated currency. I spent a great deal of time playing the buy and sell game along with farming, crafting, doing research on the various traders/buyers, knowing when to drop prices, when to increase prices, what to farm and so forth. I didn't do it to make real money but just as a different experience in the game.

If players don't like the economic side of EQ its rather simple don't play it. Sell all your loot to barters or merchants or simply pick a price for your items and forget about them. If they sell they sell which is pretty much where I have been with my trader for a long time and I still make decent coin just restocking him every week or two.
  5. smash Augur

Why not call this the right name? In effect this is just another post which really should have been called "Merge servers".
    code-zero and Allayna like this.
  6. Brohg Augur

This may be reaching, but "delete bazaar" may be shorthand for introducing a more modern take on p2p economy, like with a brokerage or auction house that charges the vendors for failed sales as a proportion of the outlandish asking price
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well they have already said they plan to merge the low pop servers and are excluding Xegony and I think Luclin. Personally I think the high pop servers should be included but it is not to be. But they also said they have some technical issues to work out before they do that so between now and then they could change their minds, never get the tech issues worked out.. who knows.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Why would you advocate for over crowding? Thats another great way to get people to quit.
    Allayna and Yinla like this.
  9. Tappin Augur

The majority of people I play with don’t use third party sites to purchase items (against EULA anyways). There’s no reason to believe that the previous statement would not extend to a larger population.

Deleting the bazaar would make it much harder to “corner” a part of the market. It would also eliminate a lot of third party programs that micromanage the zone.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

It would also remove one of the most useful features of being a paying member which would cost DBG a ton of money. There are lots of players that pay just to have an extra barter or trader. It would also bog down general with tons of extra wts/wtb spam not to mention it just adds another massive time sink into the game just for players to obtain items needed or make plat to advance their toons.

As far as cornering the market it would actually make things worse not better. Only a select few players would be serious about being sellers due to the added time sink and these players could charge as much as people have money to spend. Prices will go up due to supply and demand with there being less supply due to less people actually selling.

If you think players on live are going to stand around in some tunnel selling goods all day like on the TLPs I think you are seriously delusional. Most of us don't want that ancient way of buying and selling crap.
    Caell, Foliax and Yinla like this.
  11. Moege Augur

Same program that micromanage the bazaar would be adapted to spam WTB/WTS and do it afk which in turn will drive more people to use it.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Do you think more people would use it or the same people that use the current cheat program would just use the new one. I am sure there would be some new people that decide if you cant beat them join them but a lot of players would never risk their account over pixilated currency. I know I certainly would not risk losing everything I have worked for and obtained over the years. At any rate the best solution to punishing bad behavior is to punish those who are the offenders not change how things work punishing everyone just so those same offenders can figure out new creative measures to be aholes again. Punishing the masses because of the behaviors of a select few is rarely received well and never works.
  13. Moege Augur

My belief is that people got used to selling/buying items and if that is suddenly taken say another outlet would be found and the most logical would be adapting the bazaar thing to spam/trade etc.

Why would they be risking anything a f2p account spamming NewPlayers channel would get sales. Account banned /shrug make another one. Not like you need anything more than level 1 to spam. Then as people realize that is where sales are happening more would join it. If not could always just use a krono to get into general channels.
  14. svann Augur

If you take away the bazaar then 3rd party websites take over.
  15. Tappin Augur

There’s no reason to believe this is true. As I stated, from the two guild I play, no one uses third party sites to buy and sell items (I have asked). I don’t have any reason to believe this isn’t the case with a larger population.

The people who use these sites would be a very small portion of population (my opinion). The economy was just fine prior to the bazaar, and would be post bazaar.
  16. Warpeace Augur

You in the market to buy a bridge also?

People lie....
    Caell and Aurastrider like this.
  17. Tappin Augur

Yes they do. But those who use third party programs to automate their characters admitted as much (most through tells). I don’t have any reason to believe they lied.

Most told me not to use them for risk of ban. My guess is DBG has used the ban hammer in the past.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

you have bonus rares for a week, go out and farm items and sell them in the baz.
    I know I be looking for items I need.
  19. svann Augur

The proper pricing is when it falls to the minimum anyone is willing to sell or rises to the highest anyone is willing to pay depending on whether it is a buyer or sellers market. Eliminating the bazaar inhibits that since you no longer have efficient price comparison. Thats a bad thing.
    code-zero and Aurastrider like this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Here is the obvious solution for the couple of people that want to see the bazaar gone and that's to stop using the bazaar. Go stand in a tunnel and spam general with your goods and see how far that takes you. My guess is you don't make it a full day before you say this is dumb and return to the bazaar.
    Caell likes this.