Grats Ring of Valor!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Jondalar Augur

Congorats!
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Big congrats!
  3. Naugrin Augur

Congrats!
  4. seber Augur

5. Zvenn Just an old monk

6. RPoo Augur

The last MS GUILD MOTD I saw:
    [Tue Apr 10 13:06:24 2018] GUILD MOTD: Celiea - MON @ 6:45 pm EST, log in early for Ship split. April 12th is KICK DAY! Be 110 by then or get the BOOT! ~ Update magelo's for April !
    [Thu Apr 26 14:11:42 2018] Welcome to EverQuest!
    [Thu Apr 26 14:11:42 2018] You have entered The Guild Lobby.
    [Thu Apr 26 14:20:58 2018] [105 Entrancer (Enchanter)] Renaii (Gnome) ZONE: guildlobby

Maybe it was you, maybe not, but someone clicked my name and hit disband!
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wow, talk about mic drop.

MS seriously has a "kick day"? They kick out people versus just letting them retire from raiding? Nice family atmosphere, geez.
  8. Allayna Augur

Standards. We have em.

It was a tradition started before my tenure as guild leader. I take responsibility for continuing it and I stand behind it. We also have everyone re-apply rather than just come out of retirement because what was acceptable game play at level 100 or 105 generally isn’t the same as what’s required today.

We’ve had many people come back after years away from the game and be successful.

And finally, I was also guild removed under this “under-level” retirement back in CoTF/TDS era and had to re-apply and recall grinding out the required AAs prior to being allowed to raid.

We affectionately refer to it as “The Great Purge of 2018”.
    Duder and Brohg like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Loyalty. Swings both way.

Reapping after retiring and wanting to come back is normal. Cutting ties and telling people to go away because they can't/dont want to raid anymore? Oof. Worse, just deguilding people while they are offline?

Do any other top guilds do that? We don't in RoI. We didn't do it in Triality way back when (generally made people be in the guild for a year before able to retire in guild though).

Just seems crass. Standards? Sounds more like elitism and arrogance. I mean, you even care about people updating their magelo? As if that matters?
    Sheex, AcemoneyFV, Smokezz and 2 others like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

To each their own. People who communicated their need for retirement etc were not kicked, Faker for instance was granted exception.

Those who ghosted on their guild, they were not afforded the same generosity.

We are more FnF accepting these days, but the same standards apply.

@Renaii Grats on your Mearatas win, you’re one of the best enchanters I’ve played with and I’m sure you rocked the banes.
    Duder likes this.
  11. feeltheburn Augur

guess I would not ask for someone back if it was you that pretty much put them somewhere else then, if its a process ya'll do and you stand behind.
    Jondalar likes this.
  12. svann Augur

She absolutely does.
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. RPoo Augur

Svann is the BANE MASTER!
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Triton's policy is similar to how Triality handled it it looks like.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's kind of a really old "tradition", like 10 years ago... guilds used to do it all the time back then. Somewhat surprised anyone still does it. But /shrug I spose, not my guild.
    RPoo likes this.
  16. Deillusional Augur

17. Tubbycat Journeyman

You're such a piece of .

I know you're lying. Everybody in ROI knows you're full of too.

You just sit here and lie to people like you have a clue about how any of this works. I'm truly ashamed to be guilded with you. You are trash.

Anyways, grats RoV! Truly an accomplishment that you should be proud of!
  18. Tolzol Augur

Lol wtf?
    Aldren and Sancus like this.
  19. Tubbycat Journeyman

Clueless.

Just too busy sniffing your own farts.
  20. Tolzol Augur

Oh yes, you caught me