Firelings in remodeling is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So the achievement states to "Allow ten or more firelings to be created while fighting the Guardian of Doomfire."

We couldn't find a enchanter, so we decided to kill them as they spawned. We had 10 spawn. Killed each as it spawns, and we did not get the achievement.

This needs to be fixed please. Either fix the wording so it says "You must have an enchanter or several rooting classes to keep 10 alive" or fix the mission to work if 10 were "created" as the task states.
  2. Tolzol Augur

It’s worded wrong they have to be up when guardian dies
  3. Kiras Augur

I did it with the chanter method very recently. So yeah, it's got misleading phrasing but isn't 100% broken.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we did it 2 days ago. it was fine.. you do have to have 10 alive when you kill the big guy.. then finish the task per normal.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

They all have to be up and alive at the same time.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Bard or enchanter makes this trivial.
  7. Dagum Elder

So like we redid it 6 hours later after the lockout. It's just annoying. Like we decided to try and do it with dpsing the adds. Because it said the word "created" When we did it 6 hours after the lockout we used root.

What needs fixed is the wording. So that people don't waste an hour of their time doing this task and not getting the achievement because the wording is wrong. Either make it so it just counts to 10 or change the wording.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

Psst. The other one in "Delivery" is the same way.
    Could have asked someone that has had it done for months, if you're worried about wasting time.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Dewey Augur

yes, because it's always better to look up the answer, even when you don't know the question. Why would I ask anyone? It says "create" why would one even have to ask another on this?

When I did delivery we happened to have an enchanter in group, so we went that route. Never in a million years did I think that one could not just dps and kill the mobs as they spawned. Especially since it said "Create"
  10. Brohg Augur

enc is EZ mode, but rooters handle it fine, too. Ranger, Druid, Shaman. A fancy achievement requiring 1 of 4 classes seems legit to me, not like many achievements don't "require" that a group include some kinda legit tank, or many other functionally require legit dps.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Man, your original post seems to indicate you knew it required them to be up. Did you come here just to stir the pot, yet again?

"We couldn't find a enchanter, so we decided to kill them as they spawned. We had 10 spawn. Killed each as it spawns, and we did not get the achievement."

Yeah, the wording on the ach could be better, but... it also does just say to allow them to be created while killing him. It doesn't say anything about killing them - like Guarded "Face at least seven mephit guardians".
  12. Dewey Augur

My intent was to get it changed so that people don't have to waste their time like we did.

If we would have known that the mephits had to be up. Then we would have rooted them. When we did the mission it was unbeknownst to us. Therefore it wasted our time because of the description.

My hopes is that they at least change the wording of the achievement to not waste people's time in the future.
  13. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Many challenger achs have ambigous wording. Maybe intended to add a little extra flavour?