Type 3 augs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are these relevant outside of LDoN? A quick dirty search of the various GoD loot looks like it is all still 7/8 depending on where it came from, so when do type 3 slots start appearing on items again? or do they?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

As far as I know its just one more thing designed to make ldon a despised expansion.
  3. Gremin Augur

Type 3 is blah, I think it becomes back into play in SoF?
  4. Zipe The Healer

Slot 3 are the so called spellfocus slots. Starting in SoF, as Gremin mentioned, you start buying augments that boost the power of your spells and place them in slot 3.
    Honorable mention to some LDon augments that are still used when gear with slot 3 appears: Dodge % aug and Hstr augs.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

So on Coirnav, the LDoN type 3 augs get retired next month and don't come back into play until October 2020? God Damn.
  6. Nolrog Augur

You probably won't have gear that takes them anyway. But if you do, you can still use the LDON ones.
  7. Aegir Augur

I've used the haste slot 3 aug from Valdoon raid a couple of times since SoF. Basically makes you able to never worry about losing worn haste when replacing gear.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Gremin Augur

To be honest, at 70 in DoN a lot of us where boxing ldon raids and putting all that on our boxes that had crap gear.
  9. Protagonist Tank

The icy prism of avoidance stays useful even into current live EQ.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

I understand I can still use them lol, I was asking if I'll have gear to put them in post LDoN or I'm supposed to drag this 85mana ring around with me for life to continue using the dodge aug.

Bu there is a gap between LDoN and SoF where gear with slot 3 isnt dropping, right? So while the focus is useful, there is likely better items to equip in that gap until the aug slots come back..or am I misunderstanding?