@Devs - Requesting Ring of Bathezid spawn rates be changed!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vessen, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vessen Lorekeeper

First of all -

90 days of an expansion, 1 day timer on shady goblin = only 90 players per expansion can complete that part of the quest.

Next part of the quest -
    90 days of an expansion, 3 DAY SPAWN TIMER on angry goblin = only 30 players per expansion can complete the ring.... 30 players out of thousands.

Now, I know there is ways of getting either goblins - Loading in mass amounts of players to spawn a pick, waiting for server reset or waiting for the server to crash.

Not everyone can play 24/7 to be able to wait for server crashes or resets.

Making your guild form a raid force just so 1 person will have a SLIM chance of being able to pick over before some random person does to get the turn in; is selfish, neigh impossible to do and outright not feasible for 99% of players.

Let alone the native spawns are literally perma camped on timers by 10+ players at any given time, that will log in during the time frame window and will sit on the goblin spawn with an ogre in attempts to give them a better shot at the turn in.... It is just ridiculous.

For these progression servers to be designed for people to "relive the magic"; the only magic I've seen so far is krono farmers permanently camping rare/bottleneck spawns of other classes into strong arming people to pay them krono to complete anything... Only thing I'm reliving is the strong consideration of pressing the cancel sub button.

For anyone saying "not everyone was ment to get the item/quest done" - you are also probably the same people poop socking the spawns to sell to other players needing it.

But I guess this all falls into a business plan of Daybreak; forcing people to buy more krono to be able to get anything done. Why fix what is making them tons of money?
  2. DeseanJackson Augur

Your point isn’t totally invalid, but maybe don’t do the quest? I bet you didn’t have this item previously, cause it’s never been easy to get in era, and it’s not even good for long. Also, Kunark and Classic suck on TLPs. Also, maybe don’t insult the people and corporation you’re requesting change from? Maybe it’s just me, but I’d ignore you if I worked for them since it sounds like you’re looking for a reason to leave rather than stay.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I wish the devs would take the time to ban people who keep making dumb requests.
  4. Scruff Elder

are we talking about the same spirit wracked cord here
    potatoface likes this.
  5. Vessen Lorekeeper

I'm glad you do not work for them, I wouldn't hire someone who is part of the problem or a professional forum troll. You just shill instead of trying to be productive and fix the problem - guessing you are one of the botters holding up bottlenecks for krono. Begone.
    potatoface likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

What an absolute waste of a wish...
    potatoface likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is the baby upset because the spawn is too long or is he upset there are people upset ?
  8. Vessen Lorekeeper

9. Fizon Augur

Y'all remember a time where people accepted they were not going to get everything that someone else had? Pepperidge Farms remembers
  10. suineg Lorekeeper

#JustManglerThings

#YouWantedSlowAndClassic
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Yes, it was called live. We're here to experience content and have fun, not for other players to play gatekeeper to content.
    potatoface likes this.
  12. Xeris Augur

You're here to experience content... you can experience content?? First off, Norrath is a big place there's virtually infinite things you can experience outside of the Bathezid quest. Nothing's stopping you from having fun except yourself. If your only definition of fun is completing a BIS ring quest, then re-evaluate your priorities.

I'm not doing any of the Kunark quests until later cuz I don't want to deal with it. My 5ac 55hp rings I bought for 300pp are JUST FINE. And I disagree with every popular camp/item being camped by farmers... I've gotten a King camp in Seb literally every day without contest. Trying to get fungi staffs for me and my alts, it's a blast so far.

If some meanie is blocking ur goblin, take your ball and play somewhere else.
  13. Protagonist Tank

Not everyone gets to do everything.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Imagine playing on servers with instanced raid content and thinking that content blocking is still acceptable.
    potatoface likes this.
  15. Febb Augur

Yes, go play on a live server or play in a expansion past PoP. The amount of work involved in creating AoC instancing for group zones in pre kunark alone would take way more resources than it took to instance all of the current AoC raids. If they were going to do this, they would only do a handful of zones per new TLP server release and people would complain that not all the zones are instanced.

So how about we get a little smarter with our requests from the developers. Lets request easy fixes that require next to no work on their part.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I won't ever take a position against making content more available for more people, it's a toxic mindset that emboldens the players that enjoy gatekeeping other players.

We have a great developer team, which is certainly overwhelmed. They do go above and beyond in trying to slip things in here and there that are wonderful for us as players. Unfortunately, as hard as they try, meanspirited players take it upon themselves to actually make this game worse for other players. Partly because this game can be monetized and partly, I guess, because they enjoy it. But in an era without a PnP and rules of engagement, since such meanspirited players exist and constantly harass other players, I do not think it is unreasonable to continue asking for changes that would improve access to the game for TLP players.

You've seen my posts before Febb, I consistently try to express my positions without attacking our developer team and without personal attacks. I do not think there will ever be a case where I don't side with making the game more available and more fun for the largest number of players - partly because of my ideology and partly because I believe that is how Daybreak will continue to have a healthy-enough server population to continue providing us access to this game.

Especially if it's a position where the choices are between helping players or allowing them to be actively harmed by other players.
  17. Febb Augur

The reason why there is toxicity on TLP servers during the classic expansions is because of one major reason. Items that people want can be traded. This fuels the RMT krono market. Make highly desired items no drop like later expansions did to cut off the profit to RMT sites and these crews will have much harder time making money off these drops and will eventually get tired of selling loot rights and stop playing on TLP servers.

Marking items no drop would be a very easy thing to do. It would take one developer maybe a day or so to figure out what items they want to make no drop, look up the item id's, create a SQL import file to change the no drop values from 0 to 1. This would dry up the RMT market pretty quick and cut out quite a bit of the toxicity on these servers in the classic expansions.
    Aneuren likes this.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This would work, but it would also inconvenience players.

Increased spawn rates and drastically decreased spawn timers would as well.

But in the end, things that protect players from other players with bad intent will go the longest way. You are right, absolutely, that it is more work too, I can't deny that.
  19. Bard2019 Elder

This is EverQuest, a multiplayer game, not World of Warcraft. In Everquest, not every character is the "Hero" and handed everything. Not every player is entitled to accomplish everything, especially not in era. If the quest is that important to you, put some effort and time into it and you will eventually complete it. This is the nature of EverQuest and doesn't need to be changed because a handful of new people have no patience.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's not just patience though with the accelerated expansions you have to be the exact opposite. If you want to compete and live the eq dream you need to be very impatient.

Patient tlp players probably don't get a regal band. They probably don't see vp in era. They probably don't get enc epics. They probably burn out from griefers with no patience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.