a shady goblin/an angry goblin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magician, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Scruff Elder

probably already mentioned, but the premiere meme about angry goblin is that Warlord Skargus is currently not flagged as a personal loot quest spawn when he's probably the only contested quest-spawned mob in kunark that people actually race damage against
    thanks obama
  2. suineg Lorekeeper

The proper thing to do for a lot of these complaints is put these kind of mobs and drops behind raid bosses.

Angry Goblin pops out of the treasure room in VP for instance.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Skip putting it behind a raid boss just put it on a 1 hour timer and be done with it.
  4. a_librarian Augur

can we all agree that forcing picks to spawn to get additional long respawn mobs is an exploit that must be fixed as soon as possible? It's a blatant abuse of game mechanics
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

It needs to be more prevalent so that it's the new normal. Kind of like how kids vaping is socially acceptable.
  6. Arrakis Journeyman

thisis what classic is about, please enjoy
  7. Hadesborne Augur

Except the devs flagged this mob to spawn in picks by design. So your attempt at drawing a parallel to the charm gate exploit (which wasn't intended, and you would know this if you had played back then) is unfortunately not going to work.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

I couldn't aggree more. Well said.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Man, what a disappointment to see this back on the forum again, especially learning that the fix to spawned NPCs somehow manage to miss the one situation it was clearly meant to address.

I feel for you guys trying to get this item. I really do. This quest brings out the very worst of the player community.

Don't think for a minute that this is "classic" EQ. The original quest was done on servers with far greater range of character level, with a far less coordinated community, and with paid GMs enforcing the Play Nice Policy that was the law of the land.

Back then, you had the expectation of at least getting a spot on a list. Now, you have Westworld (wild west with added bots).
  10. That0neguy Augur

fixed it for you. Someone doesn't remember or didn't actually play in "classic"
  11. Xhartor Augur

Also the quest for the Necro/SK version of the DA hammer isn't available during Luclin, despite the weapon having basically the stats as the Cleric/Paladin one.
  12. Krezzy Augur

Your statement is the height of irony. It's almost like you're purposefully ignoring the huge impact that picks have on player access to content for leveling, and the similarly huge impact AoCs have on player access to raid loot - not to mention XP potions and widely acknowledged higher damage output in TLPs. These servers have populations enormously skewed toward max level when compared with the original servers in era.
  13. That0neguy Augur

I dont disagree. But claiming that this quest was done in era is just straight up false since it didnt even exist in era.
  14. Krezzy Augur

When did I claim the quest was RoK era? I just said the community was enormously different when the quest first went live.
  15. Hadesborne Augur

Wait a sec, weren't the first two parts of this quest line in era in ROK and the Cords were moved from a rare named drop to the result of the final quest that was created during Velious?
  16. Aegir Augur

I remember not seing Herald Telcha at all during Kunark in era.

From the best of my memory, these quests came in at the very end at Velious - or during Luclin.

Kunark did had some changes as you mentioned. The Necklace of Superiority used to drop from The Kly in Crypt of Dalnir and was farmed extensively until they moved the NoS to drop from Drusella Sathir in Howling Stones.
  17. Krezzy Augur

First ring only requires faction and Herald Telcha. The oldest comment in ZAM I can find on this mob is November 2001 - late Velious era.

Second ring requires the two much-hated goblins. The oldest comment I can find on ZAM for these guys is December 2001, just after Luclin launched.
  18. Xeris Augur

Original EQ was basically the same thing from my understanding. Top guilds and players blocked content from others all day long. The thing is that there wasn't the same availability of/access to information. Very few people could complete the quest when it was released and very few people can do it now. The reasons may not be exactly the same, but the end result (scarcity) is.

If you want the thing you gotta do what you need to to get it.
  19. potatoface Journeyman

/agree
    This is reliving nostalgia EQ by a bunch of old people at this point. Most people want to casually raid fun old crap and not have to poopsock 3 day + or - hours spawns and fight krono RMTers on top of it.
  20. Blackburrow23 Elder

There is a player on Mangler camping the shady goblin to kill it and RMT the M Q of it. Does anyone have possible advice on how to get it?