Do not raise level cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natal Augur

Non-level increase expansions usually have very few spells and relatively few AA (meaning that any character advancement is completed very quickly), so your argument is incorrect there. "New" AA lines are generally are fluff. I want AAs that increase the power of my toon so that I can do stuff I could not do before, and complete older achs that were not previously practical. A non level expansion usually means you have to wait another year until levels do increase.

Older content is not going obsolete. You can still do it, the previous top level content will be dark/light blue mobs and thus is still relevant. The only content that becomes obsolete is even older light blue stuff, which greens or greys out, but very few people are still doing those. Generally speaking most people have already done all of that old content, except for stuff they lack the resources for. You know, the resources that a level up provides, meaning that they now can do that old content which blocked them before.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

No, apparently she prefers to spend most of her time in level 100 zones, and is concerned that they will become grey at 115.
  3. Natal Augur

They did not get upgraded in TBL precisely because it was NOT a level increase expansion, lol. That is what happens in non-level increase expansions. Things like spells and AA progression take a hit.
  4. Natal Augur

Because those are the only two the poster had heard of before, most likely.
  5. Natal Augur

Because they are going to have to spend time upgrading all aspects of their character as opposed to being on cruise control. They want to be at largely full power on day one, but with a level increase the playing field is essentially reset and they have to work for it.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have spells that are upgraded on a level increase and others that are upgraded inbetween. We have AAs that are upgraded every expsnsion which were not upgraded last time due to time.

I'd like to see some new AA lines added instead of the usual cut and paste. There are things we have been asking for for years.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Most level increases they nerf the exp from older content. Worst being 105 HAs which took them months to sort out but it also happened with RoF and HoT those exp levels should really be returned to what they were pre level increase.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

To me raising the level cap is a double edge sword for the more casuals and those who are behind. The extra levels will make getting caught up easier as the older content will become more trivial. The downside is the extra time it takes to get the levels which is usually slower for this player population due to being behind in inferior gear and potentially lower than optimal AA's to actually compete in new content.

Assuming I can even play at my new pad depending on my new internet provider and connection speeds I like more levels as I don't mind the mindless level grind aspect as a casual as long as the location is casual friendly and the xp bar does not move at a snails pace so I can pick up where I left off on older progression and move through it faster than I did before with 5 less levels.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, it did. GoD and OoW were intended to be a single expansion, including the level cap increase to 70. But instead the expansion was split in two with the level cap bump moving to OoW, but the content was still tuned around being level 70.

This has been said by the people who made the expansion many times.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

I need level increase so I can go back and molo the last expac's hunter achievement! Bring it on!
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I"m fine with a level increase.. as long as appropriate AAs come with it. not having anything but the base AA this last expac was.. a waste. I don't box, I don't play alts.. well.. I play 2 level 110 bards, but on separate servers. one is a raider, one is in a family guild.
  12. Ibudin Augur

Bring on the level increase!! Looking forward to it. I was literally maxed out on everything character wise (AA and progression) with in 1 month, and I'd consider that slow to the top 25%. More levels, more spells, more interesting things to do. Lets get it on.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just think about what that expansion would’ve looked like:

New Berserker Class
    Epic 1.5s and 2.0s
    Introduction of Combat Abilities Window / Revamp of Disciplines
    Introduction of Expeditions (LDoNs didn’t allow removal/addition of players)
    Introduction of Tribute system
    Introduction of Leadership AAs
    BiC Augment Quest
    17 GoD zones, 13 OoW zones
    9 GoD Group instanced Trials (Tipt, Vxed, 4 Sewers, 3 Ikkinz) 6 OoW Group instance Trials (MPG) plus 3 Signet instances
    43 GoD Raid Events/Mobs, 27 OoW Raid Events/Mobs not including epics, and about 60-70~ Epic Raid Events

I know they’ve said it was designed to be the same expansion many times, but damn what an expansion that would’ve been.
    Daedly and Teylana like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I expect there would have been less content if it all came out as a single expansion but I could be wrong.
  15. Forcallen Augur

Sounds like a good base of what’s to be expected this next expan!
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They were released 7 months apart so I’m sure they did add some content inbetween the two. But I think it’s a fair assumption the bulk of the content was done for them to be released together.
  17. Derresh Augur

Double it to a 10 level increase and make the tier 1 raids intended for a raidforce of lvl 120's. :evilgrin:
    Annastasya and Allayna like this.
  18. Lilura Augur

Don't forget that Omens was delayed after Woody Hearn of GUComics called for a boycott over SOE's failure to fix GoD, and it worked. They delayed the release of Omens a few months and had a meeting with players from all over the country who flew to San Diego. Wish we had someone with the kind of pull Woody had now to stop this stupid level cap increase.
  19. smash Augur

Give me a break,there is major difference between those 2 situations.

AT that time it was because of too hard expansion and the lack of level increase, which they recognised after protests

Today is more balanced and time for level increase. Something you could say should have happened already at TBL, because TBL really too hard for lvl 110 grp players and levels really should have been 115 then.
  20. Lilura Augur

TBL was too hard because of the ridiculous flagging, overtuning, one month beta test and limiting it to ROI, MS, ROV, TR and a handful of other high end guilds that had been farming the daylights out of ROS. It was a hairball of an expansion and quite frankly I still hate it.
    Graves and Annastasya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.