a shady goblin/an angry goblin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magician, Jun 26, 2019.

1. suineg Lorekeeper

I was wondering when the Mangler crew would get to this quest line.

Epics
    VP key
    Goblin

Luckily when you hit Velious there aren't a ton of quests that will be nonstop complained about.

You will have some Sleeper's Tomb drama for sure. Maybe for the first time ever somebody will complain about the RNG of cards in PoM.

Luclin it's back to 10 posts a week about VT key.
  2. uk6999 Augur

Veilous complaints:
    Ring war(think they fixed this)
    Kill Sleeper
    Training mobs to prevent OW kills
    PoM drop rates
    Non instanced ToV wing for armor drops
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

And then Storms in Planes of Power.
  4. That0neguy Augur

I feel like I've seen this train wreck before
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  5. Guzzle Augur

Plz be gentle
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  6. Snah New Member

"fixed"
  7. suineg Lorekeeper

The server is just the gift that keeps on giving for salt. It's going to be at least another year of pure salt until they get into OoW and less amount of open blocks.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

OMG, the faction hits for oow armor are to slow. I have 4 jobs and 7 kids, and you expect me to kill 5000 mobs? Back in classic this expac was 6 months, not 3. Daybreak is proving that they hate casuals by expecting us to play. Grinding mobs is not fun.

=)
    suineg likes this.
  9. Magician New Member

At least killing mobs is playing the game, standing at a 1 spawn per 24/72hr turn in mob is not.
  10. Aegir Augur

I do like the Irony of this quest being available in Kunark on TLP's, but didn't excist back in the real Kunark days - and thus didn't create the kind of traffic we see today. Back then, it was implemented at a point, where top tier gear was far better - so it served its purpose of a long engaging solo quest with good lore, but didn't caught the interest of the min/max population.

However, Zones like revamp Cazic Thule, which was implemented during Luclin expansion with very good era group loot, are now unlocked to PoP, because there is plenty of room and relevant loot for everyone in Griegs End, Acrylia and the Deep, Right?
    Meridian likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

do not dare to question the dartboard of design. we are all at the whims of its mercy with every decision to be made
    That0neguy likes this.
  12. Ishbu Augur

The reality is most people wont be able to complete this ring quest during kunark. It's up to DBG if they see that as an issue or not.

I've been camping the first of the 2 goblins for a couple weeks now. Been trained by multiple monks just to try and get the area clear. I've first hand witnessed how several times more people are waiting for it than progressing forward.

It's simply not going to happen for players who wont poop sock it, for better or worse.
  13. Truetotheblue Augur

A lot of people can, and will, complete this by engaging their guilds to help. These both immediately spawn when a new pick is spawned. Jumping over to WW and FM is not a tough ask for most guilds while clearing Sev, VS, Gore, or Talendor. The only pain point is the fact that the threshold for WW is 60. But plenty of guilds fielding multiple raids right now should have no issues with that.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You suggestion is to bring 60+ people to compete for 1 low level mob? :rolleyes:
    There is a reason these type of design choices don't get integrated into new MMOs.
  15. Xeris Augur

Did all this in era on Agnarr. I'll do all my epics and quests on Mangler during PoP when nobody cares anymore.
  16. Meredyth Augur

The item that is the result of this quest is comparable to raid drops from the next expansion, Velious and is viable into Luclin and PoP for some... you can gather 60 people to compete for a raid mob that drops worse loot but you can’t convince people to help a guildmate spawn a pick for this? It is not unreasonable at all. The point has already been made that you simply do this by taking the severilous log in WW and the Venril Sathir or Talendor log in Frontier Mountains.

One of the majorly cool aspects of this game is that it is one of the few places where 60 people can work together to accomplish something. They don’t have to sit there and sock it they just spawn a pick. You can farm your guild as many of these as you want in this manner. Asking the devs to change things is just lazy problem solving.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's funny to me that the reason you can spawn an additional /pick is because of the complaints from past TLP players. Then you go on to say asking the devs to change things is stupid.

How interesting. :rolleyes:
  18. Tierdal Augur

Enjoy classic or play selo
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

We are ripe for a new tlp it seems.
  20. Meredyth Augur

Yes it is a fair point. However I am arguing that because of changes already made, further changes should not be necessary. I don’t like to see things trivialized to the point where they no longer require any effort to get. Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you get a rusty weapon in the newbie yard? The thing is, some changes are needed or make sense, but a lot of things people ask to be changed are because they are either unaware of available strategies to accomplish the task, unwilling to spend the time implementing the strategy if they know about it, or are unwilling to spend time trying to think of one so they come here and ask the devs to just make it pop more often. Frequently because they for some reason think they need to get it without competition in the first two weeks of the expansion.

This is a raid level item. Guilds can spawn picks to farm it. Having it is an accomplishment that shows you were either able to sock it til you won out or that you were able to gather a large group of people to help you get it. If everyone has one it is no longer an accomplishment. Therefore there needs to be some method of limiting the rate it enters the world. The spawn time is that limit. The pick code gives guilds a way to work together to bypass the limit. It’s fairly elegant design, for a game that is supposed to be about working together.