Increased Picks in Zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pukk, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Pukk New Member

I am on Mangler server. I have noticed that in certain zones that everything can be dead from 2 people killing entire zones and there will be no more picks. This seems to be a bit absurd. I'm ok with these guys making plat by PL'n people, but when that is the only zone to get certain tradeskill items your choice is either to get nothing or get trained over by those people taking small groups of low lvl characters to PL them. It's a bit frustrating to say the least. In this instance I am mainly talking about Sol A, but have seen this a number of times in other zones even the "normal group xp" ones. Perhaps one of the developers can chime in here.
  2. Gana Augur

Usually, PLers are not interested in TS items and leave them on the corpses. Even groups will not collect TS items. You could ask them if you could scavenge the corpses. Often, they will let you. Sometimes, they will try to sell them to you.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Devs have said in the past that the pick threshold is a formula which includes, among other things, the number of mobs in the zone. I'd be OK with them lowering the pick threshold across the board but I don't think it's likely.
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I believe they used to be lower but they had to set the threshold where it is now because of server load balancing.